Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Worst post ever made on this forum...?

Never burnt my tongue on a glass of iced tea, and it tastes exactly the same!

Don't knock it ?  Although don't buy it either, pre-bottled iced tea is ducking awful.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will add to the debate by saying I keep the chocolate digestives and hobnobs in the fridge..... I acknowledge not in the same weirdness league as putting cold milk on a tea bag 1st before adding the hot water, which in reality is some kind of witchcraft! 

7 minutes ago, Harry B said:

Hi everybody, Chelsea fan here. Looks like Lampard's coming. Not here to gloat, firstly because I'm old enough to remember a time when we used to lose our prized assets, in fact we've just lost Hazard so it's still happening. Secondly, we have no idea if Lampard will turn out to be a good manager or not, it's far too early to tell. History is littered with managers who achieved far more than Frank did in his first season only to turn out to be complete duds. The name Roy Keane springs to mind, but there are countless others.

His mates (Rio etc) and his uncle and cousin have been trying to tout him for the job, but whether that means he's coming I don't know. The fans expect it and I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. It will make everyone very happy round here but there'll be reservations as well. It's a big job. As soon as he loses a couple of games the press will be right on top of him, especially given our history of sacking managers. He'll have to handle that kind of pressure but I think he can. He'll have the backing of the fans all day long. 

So which is it?!

7 minutes ago, Harry B said:

Hi everybody, Chelsea fan here. ......

.... I'd be interested to know your thoughts on his strengths and weaknesses, given what you saw last season, if you can be bothered.

Sorry, we've moved on mate, we're talking about keeping crisps in fridges and making cups of tea in strange ways.

Where do you keep your Chocolates and Crisps?

Just now, papa_lazarou said:

I will add to the debate by saying I keep the chocolate digestives and hobnobs in the fridge..... I acknowledge not in the same weirdness league as putting cold milk on a tea bag 1st before adding the hot water, which in reality is some kind of witchcraft! 

It's just bad for the tea infusion - so it's a great strategy for people who like really weak tea. But those people may as well just have a mug of milk and water.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Don't knock it ?  Although don't buy it either, pre-bottled iced tea is ducking awful.

That’s what the milk is for....

I’ve only tried pre bottled, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt ?

Just now, jimbo jones said:

That’s what the milk is for....

I’ve only tried pre bottled, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt ?

Milk changes the taste though. Tea's nice as tea.

Hot tea I drink black too (and coffee). Milk is a scourge.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's just bad for the tea infusion - so it's a great strategy for people who like really weak tea. But those people may as well just have a mug of milk and water.

I’m with you on this, I tried it once to see what all the fuss was about, it was like drinking warm milk. I poured it away and did it again the proper way.

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

These chocolate, crisp and milk revelations are a welcome distraction but equally as confusing.

I can be utterly conclusive on this.

Chocolate: Better at room temperature, flavours are released more easily and part of the enjoyment of the 'mouthfeel' (yes, it is a technical term) of chocolate is the fact that it melts at body temperature. The sooner you get to that the better.

Crisps: Like bread, you should not keep these in the fridge. The colder temperature dessicates the crisp.

Tea: The right amount of milk is actually no milk.

Thank me later.

1 minute ago, papa_lazarou said:

Favourite witty quip of the day so far! But are you sure it's not the airing cupboard?

As long as it goes against all rational thought, and is the opposite of what everyone else says, he'll say it...

Just now, BaaLocks said:

Chocolate: Better at room temperature, flavours are released more easily and part of the enjoyment of the 'mouthfeel' (yes, it is a technical term) of chocolate is the fact that it melts at body temperature. The sooner you get to that the better.

Crisps: Like bread, you should not keep these in the fridge. The colder temperature dessicates the crisp.

Tea: The right amount of milk is actually no milk.

Thank me later.

Disagree. 
Probably Agree.
Agree.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

But at normal room temperature  you don't get that extremely satisfying crack when you take a bite...

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tea and coffee has to be piping hot, once it starts cooling down it's down the sink, nowt worse.  Chocolate / chocolate biscuits always in the fridge... and top tip, Tangfastics in the freezer. 

Can't be doing with any of that poncey ice tea and coffee. 

Archived