Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, EnzaRam said:

Interest was probably the wrong word. I'm a lowly A&E nurse, and if the job of hospital boss was available I might be interested, but I'm not sure realistically I would have all the appropriate skills and experience....

So interested wasn't probably what I was trying to say, but reflecting on it I'm not really sure what I was*

*Probably another good reason not to make me hospital boss ?

Don't sell yourself short. You do an important and worthwhile job. In the context of this thread if I was in an accident I rather see you than some over paid footballer.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If John Percy is reporting he was offered one, we can say with a high degree of confidence that it happened, of all the journalists, he's probably the one with the best accuracy reporting on us. 

Even if he has, does everyone sign immediately and the first offer?

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Even if he has, does everyone sign immediately and the first offer?

Never said anything of the sort. I was just going at the allegedly part in the post, drawing no deductions from the rest of it whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Of course, contract negotiations can take a long time.

I know if I was a player or manager I'd never commit my future to 1 club. I genuinely wouldn't. If I was an agent I wouldn't advise it either. 

If you do crap then you get dumped. No fairness in it. You get sold or sacked and unless you're going to sit and run down a contract then you're wages take a hit. 

Even if I planned on spending forever at a club then I'd still not respond to speculation by committing my entire future. I'd give the media trained response and then when it comes to contract time I've got the gossip doing my negotiations for me. 

I'm fairly sure most people on here would be flattered if in Frank's position. I'm fairly sure they'd sit and see what offers are there. 

1 bad season at Chelsea and he's on his arse. But also remember 1 bad season at Derby and the Chelsea job might never come around for him. 

When on top you have to milk what you can. You never know how long you'll be on top. Anything can happen.

I mean how many of us don't want anymore money? 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Never said anything of the sort. I was just going at the allegedly part in the post, drawing no deductions from the rest of it whatsoever.

Wasnt saying you were i was responding as part of the ongoing discussion on here, no offence intended.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If John Percy is reporting he was offered one, we can say with a high degree of confidence that it happened, of all the journalists, he's probably the one with the best accuracy reporting on us. 

Wasn’t the report saying ‘Derby have opened talks with Lampard’, I dont think you can report something that blunt with no truth to it. That’s what’s been interesting, most of the reports from Chelsea side have been very soft, to the point we don’t even know if he’s a no.1 target! 

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Wasn’t the report saying ‘Derby have opened talks with Lampard’, I dont think you can report something that blunt with no truth to it. That’s what’s been interesting, most of the reports from Chelsea side have been very soft, to the point we don’t even know if he’s a no.1 target! 

Yeah, most of the stories on the Chelsea end have been really non committal, they mainly say nothing concrete and are just the same regurgitated rubbish, just worded in different ways. Clearly talking about Chelsea sells stories though, so I can't imagine it'll stop until Chelsea appoint someone. 

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

This comment doesn't do a lot for 'online marketing' . Not surprising more want him to stay after the experience of last season - surely online marketing wouldn't suggest otherwise. It probably applies to your good self.

I'm coming at it from a scientific cognitive biases and rational standpoint and how people react to this kind of thing. You're looking at it emotionally.

I can understand why another person would look at some of the dreadful performances, the way we fell into the playoffs requiring Boro to lose god knows how many consecutive games, Leeds capitulating and then taking us an hour to get going in the final and see it differently.

I can also see why people would see it how you do. I'm closer to the middle leaning toward your stance.

The reality is both opinions are valid and just because you can't look at it from different perspectives doesn't mean those perspectives don't exist.

40 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

It will feel very weird if he only stays with us because he wasn’t top of Chelsea’s list. Especially after what he said after Wembley.

Every single manager in the Championship, and most elsewhere, are only staying with their current club because they're not top of a Champions League team's list ? 

If any one of them were, they'd be gone in a flash!

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Bowyer to Chelsea?

That way everyone is happy.

Hello! We've got an absolute scandal here! 

Chelsea to beat Rams to Bowyer. 

Blues target Charlton gaffer in sensational swoop!

Bowyer keen on Chelsea move

"Dream come true for Bowyer" says former teammate Kieron Dyer. 

Willian offered to Charlton as Blues edge closer to their man. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hello! We've got an absolute scandal here! 

Chelsea to beat Rams to Bowyer. 

Blues target Charlton gaffer in sensational swoop!

Bowyer keen on Chelsea move

"Dream come true for Bowyer" says former teammate Kieron Dyer. 

Willian offered to Charlton as Blues edge closer to their man. 

Was this all on Twitter? 

Archived