Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Just to add my three peneth worth to the most important thread we've had on this forum for a long time......

B51726D6-B0A0-4B40-9EFE-64E4F95275C4.jpeg

I’m shocked to my very core ? milk in before the hot water ! 

Whats the world coming to. I blame Trump, Corbyn, and Boris .. and Chelski as well ( subject modification if Frank stays ) 

30 minutes ago, Harry B said:

Knowing the way Chelsea operate, they wouldn't have released Sarri unless they had his replacement lined up. They didn't release Conte until days before last season started, because Napoli were making it very hard to prise away Sarri.

This leads me to believe talks have taken place, "informal" talks of course, nothing that would get you in trouble. This is just how football works. I suspect our new manager will be Frank, because he's the number one choice of the fans and because there's just too much noise. I doubt very much his relatives and his mates would be talking him up so much without his consent. Put it this way, if it ain't Frank there's going to be a lot of disappointed Chelsea fans, and after last season, that's the last thing the board want, because there's already a fair amount of discontent.

I suspect Derby are lining up their new manager and we won't be appointing Frank until Derby have got their end sorted.

Personally think you the clubs fans of Chelsea have thrown your club legend under the bus. He ain't ready, but he will never turn the Chelsea job down. Yes you saw some good displays by Derby last season, man u , Chelsea, Southampton and Leeds to name a few but you didn't see some of the displays against lesser teams in the championship. I like Frank and want him to stay and it's very much up in the air, but this is to soon. 

I still don't believe Frank is your number 1 target and if he is, it's because others don't want the job, two transfer windows where they can do nothing and the best player has just left. Along with a fan base who turned on a manager who won the Europa league, took them into the champions league and also another final. 

Good luck Frank if you go you'll need it 

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Frank is getting on my nerves, if he wanted to stay he would have signed a contract extension and this would be over.

Instead, after telling the fans he was staying, he is now just happy to wait knowing he is basically the new Chelsea manager.

Meanwhile we have a threadbare squad.

I know at least 1 fan who bought a season ticket for next season based on the fact Frank said he would be here next season.

Turns out all his talk of a two year plan was actually nonsense and he couldn't in fact be arsed to finish it. I expect no loyalty in football, but 2 seasons would have been nice after we took a chance on a completely untested manager and backed him completely. For him to jump ship immediately at the first sign of Chelsea interest has not endeared him to me. Many fans still to this day criticise McClaren for less than this and we give Frank a pass just because he started the bounce a couple of times.

Fortunately he wasn't that good a manager that he is irreplaceable. Would have been nice if he had ****** off earlier, but i'm sure whoever we get in will have enough time to sort things out.

30 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Frank to unveil 4 new signings, a new 2nd strip, huge windfall profits from the sale of our unwanted players and to sign a new 4 year deal.

By the end of this week.

Oh, and Sky Sports to be placed into administration and sports journalists struck down by a highly selective form of Ebola.

If carlsberg did weeks...........?

Would happily endorse all of this except perhaps for the Ebola bit.  Replace that with their eggs shriveling into raisins and i'm all in

Just hope Chelsea fans are patient. The weight of expectation on Frank and the media spotlight will be huge - much more so than with us. I don't envy him one bit especially as he has a young baby who will want and need attention from his father. Being with Chelsea he will also have commitments overseas - more time away from his family.

12 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Luckily there's 20 odd thousand others who've bought them because they support Derby county

Well those 20 odd thousand others (including me) should be very proud of themselves, true supporters, go you!!

However, that doesn't help the 1 person who I know that purchased a season ticket because Frank helped to reignite the passion last season, with Frank saying he would here next season, it promoted this lad to buy a ticket. I can guarantee there will be more than him that bought a ticket because of Frank.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well those 20 odd thousand others (including me) should be very proud of themselves, true supporters, go you!!

However, that doesn't help the 1 person who I know that purchased a season ticket because Frank helped to reignite the passion last season, with Frank saying he would here next season, it promoted this lad to buy a ticket. I can guarantee there will be more than him that bought a ticket because of Frank.

Oh we'll never mind. Maybe they'll enjoy watching the games anyway. If not, they don't have to renew again next season

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really can’t understand some of the grief Frank is getting on here. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. He should have everyone’s good wishes when he moves on. Done a decent job and got his dream opportunity.

Unfortunately the longer this uncertainty carries on the more our next season is affected and more people will criticise Frank. Although I would have liked him to stay and couldn't bear going through this every time Chelsea are unhappy or their manager is unhappy with the way things are going.

1 hour ago, Harry B said:

Knowing the way Chelsea operate, they wouldn't have released Sarri unless they had his replacement lined up. They didn't release Conte until days before last season started, because Napoli were making it very hard to prise away Sarri.

This leads me to believe talks have taken place, "informal" talks of course, nothing that would get you in trouble. This is just how football works. I suspect our new manager will be Frank, because he's the number one choice of the fans and because there's just too much noise. I doubt very much his relatives and his mates would be talking him up so much without his consent. Put it this way, if it ain't Frank there's going to be a lot of disappointed Chelsea fans, and after last season, that's the last thing the board want, because there's already a fair amount of discontent.

I suspect Derby are lining up their new manager and we won't be appointing Frank until Derby have got their end sorted.

If the last thing the board want is a fan backlash then they need to step away from Frank. I like him being our manager but I’m not convinced he’ll get us promoted this coming season. He was losing the fans here during Mounts spell of injury and Wilson couldn’t buy a goal, his selections have been bewildering at times. He’s got loads to learn yet and the Chelsea job is way too big for him. 

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really can’t understand some of the grief Frank is getting on here. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. He should have everyone’s good wishes when he moves on. Done a decent job and got his dream opportunity.

Big up to you for sticking to your guns @BramcoteRam84, we had this debate yesterday ..... appears I was just 24hrs ahead of my time!! The longer the silence is deafening from Chelsea & Franks entourage the more restless the Derby faithful will get and I for one can’t blame them. Frank needs to pee in the pot or get off it I’m afraid, can’t have it both ways. 

16 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Just hope Chelsea fans are patient. The weight of expectation on Frank and the media spotlight will be huge - much more so than with us. I don't envy him one bit especially as he has a young baby who will want and need attention from his father. Being with Chelsea he will also have commitments overseas - more time away from his family.

well I for one do bloody envy him, Just hope he manages to cope under all the pressure of having a tv star wife  dream job millions of pounds and having to travel around the world watching football ,life must be good when your only worry is getting the sack and paid off a few  million just hope it don't break him i wish him all the best .

1 minute ago, Gisby said:

Big up to you for sticking to your guns @BramcoteRam84, we had this debate yesterday ..... appears I was just 24hrs ahead of my time!! The longer the silence is deafening from Chelsea & Franks entourage the more restless the Derby faithful will get and I for one can’t blame them. Frank needs to pee in the pot or get off it I’m afraid, can’t have it both ways. 

If Chelsea end up not appointing him he’ll be 100% committed to Derby. It’s not for him to do anything. He wants the job so he’s not going to rule himself out. 

Chelsea need to get off the pot and make the approach. The longer they don’t I agree it will be Frank that gets criticised as unjust as it is.

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

It's reported that Ashley Cole has bought a house very near to Chelsea's training ground in Surrey. Make of that what you will. Probably just coincidence?

I read he had bought it before he went to America but is finally doing it up etc now he is back over here permanently

49 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Frank is getting on my nerves, if he wanted to stay he would have signed a contract extension and this would be over.

Instead, after telling the fans he was staying, he is now just happy to wait knowing he is basically the new Chelsea manager.

Meanwhile we have a threadbare squad.

I know at least 1 fan who bought a season ticket for next season based on the fact Frank said he would be here next season.

I know at least two fans who will get one if Frank leaves. 

Always a silver lining. 

Archived