Watchable telly

dog

Apologies if it has been raised before but I sat through Game Changers on Netflix last night. As someone who is a major carnivore and always poo poos anything remotely veggie or vegan, I have to say the bloody thing has me questioning now what I bung down my throat. Quite a compelling programme. Well worth a watch. 

On 17/12/2019 at 10:11, Mostyn6 said:

stumbled across one of my guilty pleasures on Netflix last night. American Jail/Prison reality shows.

I've watched them all, until spotting a new one last night 60 DAYS IN.

Ended up staying up way past bed time. Basically a local sheriff, in a bid to tackle drugs, violence and corruption in a county jail, has put 7 volunteers in jail for 60 days. Absolutely compelling viewing.

Watched that not long ago, that guy who went into solitary then hospital was really weird, to think he’s a teacher as well ?

15 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Apologies if it has been raised before but I sat through Game Changers on Netflix last night. As someone who is a major carnivore and always poo poos anything remotely veggie or vegan, I have to say the bloody thing has me questioning now what I bung down my throat. Quite a compelling programme. Well worth a watch. 

Few YouTube videos floating about where they rip some of their claims apart. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Watched that not long ago, that guy who went into solitary then hospital was really weird, to think he’s a teacher as well ?

he "taught" art and sculpture I think, not sure he was an actual contracted full-term teacher, at least I hope not. Absolutely delusional cretin (him, not you)

Treadstone - A Bourne trilogy spin-off. Half decent without tearing up any trees. If you liked the movies then I'd give it a go.

Watchmen - Ok, so I'm only 3 episodes in and for some reason I really want to like this show, but at times I've no real idea what I'm watching. It all seems overly contrived and wildly pleased with itself. I'm guessing it's one of those Marmite shows that folk either love of hate so after a brief hiatus I may come back to it.

Line of Duty - Also recently binge-watched the last series. Seemed to attract luke-warm reviews but I actually quite liked it. On balance I'd say the show had been pretty damn decent across the half dozen or so series and did not leacve that 'stayed too long' feeling I get with some series that run as long as this has.

58 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Well, safe to say I've never done what the protagonist did in S2 E1 and cracked one off in my mum's car!

I'm glad you had this clarification post; because I'd genuinely forgotten about what you did at Hillsborough and therefore thought you meant the episode made you feel better about the disaster. I was really struggling to work out how the two could be connected. ? 

Traces - This one Surprised me - recorded it from Alibi Channel over Xmas (I know my wife saw an ad somewhere and got me to record it) and just watching it now - 2 episodes in it seems pretty good so far - I definitely want to know what happens now, not sure if you can stream it anywhere though.