Watchable telly

dog

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Watched S3 of True Detective. Not as good as S1 and S2, but still brilliantly acted and well made. Highly recommended. 

Series 1 was gritty, clever and totally engrossing . 

Series 2...really daft but fairly watchable 

Series 3....went back to being more gritty but without the quality dialogue and atmosphere. 

Finally watched 'Fleabag' .... Kinda like a modern day Men Behaving Badly for women written by graduates.  Not overly keen on Peep Show asides to the camera either, so really tailored to my tastes. Not as amazing as all the reviews would claim but still refreshingly different and clever enough for me to enjoy, just not as much as the missus did. 7/10 (10/10 from her). 

Got Prime again.... So going to take in the last series of Man in The High Castle... Adored the first series.. But subsequent series have dipped and am wary I will be disappointed. 

On 23/09/2019 at 23:24, Brummie Steve said:

I've binge watched 'Life on Mars' for the past 3 weeks and thought it was brilliant, ingenious and impossible as well as being hopelessly addictive.

Prior to that I watched all the Doctor Who Episodes starting with the Eccleston/ Piper series. The humour of interplay between the Doctor, assistant and others (goodies and baddies!) kept me riveted.

There seems so little quality entertainment that I have watched the ITV 3 detective programmes from 8-10 pm (Vera, Endeavour, Poirot, Marple etc) seen most of them before but worth a second look)

Grateful for iplayer etc.

PS We also read books....anyone remember them? And Radio Gaga.

Am just flicking back looking for inspiration to take my mind off the match.... so realise that this reply is very belated and it is possibly too late for the much needed intervention you desperately need!!! 

Endeavour, Poirot, Dr Who?? I liked Life on Mars tbf but even my Mum in her late 70s would despair... 

Off the top of my head.... Sopranos, Man in the High Castle, Mindhunter, Walking Dead, Dexter, Narcos, Gomorrah, Game of Thrones, Making a Murderer, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Hannibal, Chernobyl, Dirty John... 

Or have you watched them all already? 

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Am just flicking back looking for inspiration to take my mind off the match.... so realise that this reply is very belated and it is possibly too late for the much needed intervention you desperately need!!! 

Endeavour, Poirot, Dr Who?? I liked Life on Mars tbf but even my Mum in her late 70s would despair... 

Off the top of my head.... Sopranos, Man in the High Castle, Mindhunter, Walking Dead, Dexter, Narcos, Gomorrah, Game of Thrones, Making a Murderer, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Hannibal, Chernobyl, Dirty John... 

Or have you watched them all already? 

Chaqun á son goût!

I a told that some folk even support Nottingham Forest and Leeds united, incredible as that may seem!

And what about Keeley Hawes in Ashes to Ashes, the bodyguard, The Durrells and Line of duty!!

And, yes, I watched the whole of Peaky Blinders one after another.

I was disappointed with the recent "War of the Worlds" and felt that Jeff Wayne and Richard Burton made a much better job of it.

Not forgetting.....

stumbled across one of my guilty pleasures on Netflix last night. American Jail/Prison reality shows.

I've watched them all, until spotting a new one last night 60 DAYS IN.

Ended up staying up way past bed time. Basically a local sheriff, in a bid to tackle drugs, violence and corruption in a county jail, has put 7 volunteers in jail for 60 days. Absolutely compelling viewing.

Three Identical Strangers.. Really interesting and happy /sad in equal parts.  Anyone who can watch that and not be stirred in some way is lacking a heart. 

Confession Killer.. proof that real life is way weirder than fiction. Just head shakingly unbelievable what occurred. 

8 hours ago, TimRam said:

Scrooge with Guy Pearce. Ending a bit of a damp squib compared to my favourite version from 1970 starrring Albert Finney but decent overall.

Alistar Simm is the only version I can entertain. 

The Witcher... Not a patch on Game of Thrones..but 'watchable'. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Watched a documentary series on Netflix called ''Don't duck with Cats'' disturbing, but I couldn't look away. So creepy.

Agreed ... And as with all Netflix docu-series, so much better if you don't know the ending. Eg Devil Next Door, Making a Murderer, The Staircase, Confession Killer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2019 at 00:08, Andicis said:

Watched a documentary series on Netflix called ''Don't duck with Cats'' disturbing, but I couldn't look away. So creepy.

Medium Angry told me to watch this, didnt research this just turned it on. Thought it was a comedy when I read the title. 

Very disturbing but I wanted them to catch the dick so much, I could not turn it off. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Medium Angry told me to watch this, didnt research this just turned it on. Thought it was a comedy when I read the title. 

Very disturbing but I wanted them to catch the dick so much, I could not turn it off. 

I was shocked at how long it went on before they managed to catch them. He seemed to have the authorities clueless. 

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

I was shocked at how long it went on before they managed to catch them. He seemed to have the authorities clueless. 

Could have done without the preachy dialogue at the end though!

Also the fact that someone they'd researched/accused killed themselves was glossed over a little bit too easily.

Edited by Coconut

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Could have done without the preachy dialogue at the end though!

Also the fact that someone they'd researched/accused killed themselves was glossed over a little bit too easily.

The random people from Facebook seemed to think catching him was all up to them. They were definitely preachy the whole way through really.