Watchable telly

dog

On 29/09/2019 at 20:16, CWC1983 said:

I thought it was excellent. Characters were brilliant even though the lead actor will always be Woody from 'made in England'. His hand tattoos from that serious are still visable. 

Michelle Keegan was also easy on the eye. 

I see they are filming series 2 at the moment. 

Agreed although it's "This is England" not "Made in England". Every series in that franchise was excellent.

Anyone else watched "The Spy" on Netflix?

It's a spy drama set in Israel/Syria during the 1960s.

Quite enjoyable - good (based on a true) story, but for two things

1) the characters all speak English in a middle-eastern accent when I assume at the time they were speaking the native languages

2) Sacha Baron Cohen plays the main character, and with the accent, the 60s clothes and little moustache you can't help imagining him as Borat. Expect every scene to end with him saying "IS NICE!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 17/11/2019 at 19:56, reverendo de duivel said:

Guilt.

Short at just 4 episodes, well written and well acted, leads you just enough up the garden path before the twists.

I watched this, one episode per night this week. I thought it was good overall. The first two were very good, the third one confused me, but then again I'm thick, and was probably in the wrong state of mind that night. The Fourth was good, but I didn't like the ending .

We appear to have found ourselves in the middle of 3 series at the moment:

Guilt: Not what I thought it would be but good nonetheless

Dublin Murders: This one didn't grab me immediately but I'm getting drawn in more & more as it gets more weird. Struggling a bit with the accents though - but that's just me.

His Dark Materials: Only seen the first one so far but they appear to have done a good job.

Special mention probably should go to HBO & Netflix (even though I've paid for neither of them), who have raised the standard for TV dramas in terms of production values and attracting A-list actors.

• 2 weeks later...