Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

What an embarrassing post. I thought they were OK in the first half but the second half was tough for all of us. Do you go to many away games? If you do then you'll know that our support is really no better or worse than the majority of other clubs. Get off the fans backs please.

Yes I go to most away games. The South Stand was awful today. Rubbish. Embarrassing. I was there, too many not interested in supporting the team.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Haven't taken issue with folk calling the performance poor as we were awful in the 2nd half. Comparing Lawrence to a ripped condom however is the province of a total see you next Tuesday and nothing you say will persuade me otherwise. Folk are entitled to criticise if they feel they want to but the over the top personal stuff is frankly pathetic and 9 times out of 10 from the same idiotic sources. Boils my piss.

Was the condom ribbed or one of those flavoured ones lol it’s time to move on, one of those days, GEt behind the lads and lets win in Sheffield 

Keogh was Motm for me today , I thought Keogh, Tomori , Carson and Marriott played well, Wilson and Huddlestone Ok , and everyone else played absolutely shockingly bad. Bennett was truly abysmal failing to make a decent pass or cross in the time he played and even screwed up a simple 8 yard pass to bogle and often made awful touches.  Forsyth was absolutely dire but he wasn't helped much by Lawrence who I will get to later.  Bogle was very poor defensively , he got beat every time , didn't stop a single cross coming in, and looked like a lost sheep at times ,  I think he isn't good enough defensively yet and Tomori or wisdom should play the next game at right back. Lawrence was so bad I can barely describe it in words I would be happy if he didn't play for us again .He missed an absolute sitter which was harder to miss,  shot every time like a greedy git when he should have passed more, did duck all defensively to help forsyth ,  stayed far too narrow and hardly ever got in good positions, and in general acted like a mardy kid. 

Even though we were pathetic and pretty spineless today and could have conceded 5 or 6 second half , we are still a good team and still have a good chance of going up if we sort it out defensively.  I would personally never ever play Holmes or Wilson cm ever again, as they are both pathetic defensively and physically despite their good technical ability .I would go for more physicality with Johnson playing,, and also Bryson alternating with Huddlestone depending on who we play against.  Lawrence should never start, I would play Wilson at LW where he played so well at against Brentford, and  play Tomori Right back with Davis next to Keogh or play wisdom right back if he can get back to his best. I would maybe try Bogle on the wing as his ball control and dribbling are miles better than Bennett but he is pretty suspect defensively.  The next few games are a good chance to recover from today ,as they are winnable games if we play to atleast 90% of our ability. I really hope we go for a more defensively solid approach from here on in, as we will achieve nothing this season if we continue to try and play without the right balance, we need either Johnson or Bryson and possibly Evans as well to provide a more solid base , with wingers who actually track back unlike Lawrence.

30 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Yes I go to most away games. The South Stand was awful today. Rubbish. Embarrassing. I was there, too many not interested in supporting the team.

I’ve said this before but I felt the whole crowd were a bit like that. There was a weird sense of nerves, which was vented out as OTT frustration at every single mistake. I think, as a club, we sometimes expect to just turn up and win games rather than work and serve to win games. We had to be prepared for a tight and frustrating game today but we weren’t anything like that. I can be quite vocal about he failings of the south stand, but today it was the whole stadium that wasn’t interested in trying to make a difference.

On a side note, we had an interesting fella behind us in the second half.

Couldn't seem to find his seat, so took the vacant one behind us in East stand lower. 

Stone Island jacket, Burberry hat and scarf. Stood all half, abused both Derby and Villa in equally salty tones, then fooked off as soon as Villa scored.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ve said this before but I felt the whole crowd were a bit like that. There was a weird sense of nerves, which was vented out as OTT frustration at every single mistake. I think, as a club, we sometimes expect to just turn up and win games rather than work and serve to win games. We had to be prepared for a tight and frustrating game today but we weren’t anything like that. I can be quite vocal about he failings of the south stand, but today it was the whole stadium that wasn’t interested in trying to make a difference.

no matter how the fans respond if the players are leaving the ball to each other, missing sitters  and leaving players unmarked from 5 yards out you know we are going to loose, the players should have the personality to take a bit of stick and if they don't they are not cut out to be quality players if they go into their shells and crumble under the pressure.

18 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Keogh was Motm for me today , I thought Keogh, Tomori , Carson and Marriott played well, Wilson and Huddlestone Ok , and everyone else played absolutely shockingly bad. Bennett was truly abysmal failing to make a decent pass or cross in the time he played and even screwed up a simple 8 yard pass to bogle and often made awful touches.  Forsyth was absolutely dire but he wasn't helped much by Lawrence who I will get to later.  Bogle was very poor defensively , he got beat every time , didn't stop a single cross coming in, and looked like a lost sheep at times ,  I think he isn't good enough defensively yet and Tomori or wisdom should play the next game at right back. Lawrence was so bad I can barely describe it in words I would be happy if he didn't play for us again .He missed an absolute sitter which was harder to miss,  shot every time like a greedy git when he should have passed more, did duck all defensively to help forsyth ,  stayed far too narrow and hardly ever got in good positions, and in general acted like a mardy kid. 

Even though we were pathetic and pretty spineless today and could have conceded 5 or 6 second half , we are still a good team and still have a good chance of going up if we sort it out defensively.  I would personally never ever play Holmes or Wilson cm ever again, as they are both pathetic defensively and physically despite their good technical ability .I would go for more physicality with Johnson playing,, and also Bryson alternating with Huddlestone depending on who we play against.  Lawrence should never start, I would play Wilson at LW where he played so well at against Brentford, and  play Tomori Right back with Davis next to Keogh or play wisdom right back if he can get back to his best. I would maybe try Bogle on the wing as his ball control and dribbling are miles better than Bennett but he is pretty suspect defensively.  The next few games are a good chance to recover from today ,as they are winnable games if we play to atleast 90% of our ability. I really hope we go for a more defensively solid approach from here on in, as we will achieve nothing this season if we continue to try and play without the right balance, we need either Johnson or Bryson and possibly Evans as well to provide a more solid base , with wingers who actually track back unlike Lawrence.

I thought only Marriott came out of the game with any credit. Keogh was like a rabbit caught in headlights. I never thought I would say it but we missed Bennett when he went off.  This one though, was very much down to Lampard as much as the players.

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

no matter how the fans respond if the players are leaving the ball to each other, missing sitters  and leaving players unmarked from 5 yards out you know we are going to loose, the players should have the personality to take a bit of stick and if they don't they are not cut out to be quality players if they go into their shells and crumble under the pressure.

Never said anything about the players, I’m just as disappointed in them tonight, but the atmosphere today was terrible today and that’s on the crowd. The atmosphere in the stadium was nervy and made it tense. I said this earlier, but as a club there was an expectation that if we play as we had been doing we would win and it was wrong. That’s on the players and the fans in the stadium. Believing the hype that we are a bit better than what we probably are

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

A bad day at the office but we move on, when Forsyth was injured some twit in the east stand was shouting abuse, if I new who it was, he would have got a slap, when a player is down, please do not hurl abuse, first poor game for ages and the moaners are off, and as for Keogh having a poor game you know naff all about football, Keogh and Marriott was our best players today, think Villa are the team to beat, played well today in the second half, so well done to them, will be good to get players like Mount,Bryson and Waghorn back. 

That sir is an honest report. ?

sometimes things just don’t go as planned. The wheels haven’t come off, some of the lads didn’t play well. Yep .. it happens

dust yourselves off, look in the mirror. 46 games .. we are Derby 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

On a side note, we had an interesting fella behind us in the second half.

Couldn't seem to find his seat, so took the vacant one behind us in East stand lower. 

Stone Island jacket, Burberry hat and scarf. Stood all half, abused both Derby and Villa in equally salty tones, then fooked off as soon as Villa scored.

@eddie?  Right fashion but not sure he'd leave before the end.

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Defeats will have happen, but the events of today and the impact of it can be season defining, much like it was when Rowett’s Brum beat us 3-0 when Clement was in charge. Teams will now realise our weaknesses and continue to exploit them more and more.

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, balance is needed on a forum. When we play well and when a player plays well, praise will be given, but if the team and a player plays crap, it needs to be pointed out too. 

Or if we play well, praise will be given. But if we have a bad defeat, it's season defining and teams have worked us out.

Bring back @Bris Vegas all is forgiven. Well, nearly all.

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Or if we play well, praise will be given. But if we have a bad defeat, it's season defining and teams have worked us out.

Bring back @Bris Vegas all is forgiven. Well, nearly all.

The praise that has been given in general though been pretty lavish. I personally would say we have played some halves of the best football seen since the Eranio, Wanchope era at least. 

Yesterday was a world away. Real head scratcher. That is not throwing toys out the pram or being overly harsh...2nd half was as bad as you will see us play at home..granted against a good team. We were launching it long at times as there was no one showing in midfield. There was even a comedy of errors as Hudds lost the ball for the first time this season and gave it away on edge of the box as we faffed about looking so sloppy. 

If the first half had been repeated in the 2nd half but they had snatched a couple of goals I would have said 'ok we lost but its the way the game can go playing as we do'. But we weren't playing open, expansive football. We had zilch going forward, no options in midfield and they seemed to cut through the defence with such ease it was untrue.

I am shocked how bad we looked. Bloke next to me at 0-0 said 'if their strikers could shoot or head the ball it would be 3 or 4 nil'. 

This is really for people who didn't go....I am giving an honest assessment of what I saw.

The crowd was fairly quiet but it definitely wasnt hostile or toxic. We got spanked and at 3-0 lots decided enough was enough.

Really need players back. Midfield was totally over run.  Be very interested to see what Frank says. Like him a hell of a lot. I am not claiming to be an expert, I couldn't pinpoint why we were so bad..tbh we just looked a poor team. 

No one ever thought it would be easy. Now we know the bumps in the road will be massive still. Just hope we can play more of the lovely stuff we have witnessed in the next game. 

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

How many times can you say “just a bad day at the office” before you admit that maybe we aren’t as good as you think we are....?

this league is totally rubbish again this season too 

But after 17 games, we are the 6th least rubbish team in the division.  At that rate (throughout the season), that makes us Play Off contenders... or about as good as most of us thought/hoped back in August!  You could therefore argue it's going as planned/hoped.

Archived