Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Beleive it or not, we are going to lose games in this league. Villa aren’t a bad team, wr have lost one game and suddenly we have a weak link that everyone is going to target and Lawrence is the scape goat again for some reason.

Try to put a bit of realism in your post, it’s as though you are waiting for us to fail so you can have a go, it’s one game no more no less.

Defeats will have happen, but the events of today and the impact of it can be season defining, much like it was when Rowett’s Brum beat us 3-0 when Clement was in charge. Teams will now realise our weaknesses and continue to exploit them more and more. Some of our best players today suffered injuries, one of whom was in tears. I’ve been watching Bogle closely over recent weeks, especially his crossing which is really poor and he can’t defend 1 v1. Bolasie had a field day against him when he came on.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

opportunity for learning.

We're not going to get things all our own way.

Being properly undone this afternoon, perhaps gives us more of the season to adapt and overcome - when it's February and teams figured out how to beat rowrtt's team or mcclarens we had no answer - plenty of time to find a few.

Hope the injuries aren't to bad and we'll be better for the break i feel.

Oh well, we got we deserved in that 2nd half.

If we went in at HT a couple up, I'd have backed us to pick them off on the break, but they were too quick and powerful for us as the second half went on.

Let's hope Fozzy hasn't done too much mischief to himself, and we use the break as well as we used the last one.

I'm going to cheer myself up now by watching a fat Scouser get punched in the face, repeatedly.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Oh well, we got we deserved in that 2nd half.

If we went in at HT a couple up, I'd have backed us to pick them off on the break, but they were too quick and powerful for us as the second half went on.

Let's hope Fozzy hasn't done too much mischief to himself, and we use the break as well as we used the last one.

I'm going to cheer myself up now by watching a fat Scouser get punched in the face, repeatedly.

Please say it's paul jewell.

Return of the bedwetters. A very weary looking team had a bad day at the office and that's really where it starts and finishes. Way more concerned with the injuries than the performance. We were poor today but only a complete see you next Tuesday compares his own players to ripped condoms. Seems some folk on here are only vocal when we lose and have sweet FA to say when we're flying. We wipe wipe our mouths and go again after a well earned rest, it's as simple as that.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Defeats will have happen, but the events of today and the impact of it can be season defining, much like it was when Rowett’s Brum beat us 3-0 when Clement was in charge. Teams will now realise our weaknesses and continue to exploit them more and more. Some of our best players today suffered injuries, one of whom was in tears. I’ve been watching Bogle closely over recent weeks, especially his crossing which is really poor and he can’t defend 1 v1. Bolasie had a field day against him when he came on.

Think you are exaggerating to be honest, Bogle as did others had a bad game, Forsyth was being slaughtered as well, we didn’t have any control at all in any area of the pitch. Not sure why it’s a weakness that players are going to exploit, you review the performance, you realise where you should be better and you improve.

If Bogle from continues to dip, let’s jot forget this is one game, then you bring in Wisdom or another, it wasn’t a great performance but season defining ?! 

17 minutes ago, Gil said:

These are the sort of games that can wreck a team's confidence especially given it's another 2 weeks before they can redeem themselves.

Today's match showed how crucial Mount is to us. There was zero control without him, Frank preaches possession & control we played at a frantic pace throughout that 2nd half & couldn't retain possession at all. Seen many saying Holmes was a better player after Birmingham. Today was a reality check.

I think Curtis Davies will be a starter from here on forth after today, Frank has showed faith in Keogh/Tomori but enough is enough. Our inability to keep clean sheets has finally cost us big time.

The lack of clean sheets isnt Keogh and Tomoris fault. They needed way more help from the full backs than they got today.

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Was a good even game first half, could have been 2-2. Second half we were totally outplayed, could have been 5 or 6 if Tammy had his shooting boots/head on. 

All about balance really, we’ve been good and deserved praise recently but today we wasted 27k Derby fans’ time, just didn’t turn up second half. 

Biggest worry I’ve had about Lampard yet, naive subs and tactics second half. Handed them the win. Fair play Villa and Dean Smith. 

Im not really angry, just a tad worried that we’ve been craving a week off midweek for ages and we respond like that. We better be up for it after the international break. 

Two subs were forced. I think we may be did need someone like Johnson in midfield to toughen us up a bit. We just didn’t get a grip on the game and the more it went on the more Villa took hold. It could have been a different story if we had taken our chances first half but we drifted out of the game second half. I think on a different day we could give them a run for their money but today wasn’t to be. We did well to keep them out until the 74 minute.

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Return of the bedwetters. A very weary looking team had a bad day at the office and that's really where it starts and finishes. Way more concerned with the injuries than the performance. We were poor today but only a complete see you next Tuesday compares his own players to ripped condoms. Seems some folk on here are only vocal when we lose and have sweet FA to say when we're flying. We wipe wipe our mouths and go again after a well earned rest, it's as simple as that.

Totally agree. We lost a game of football. Let's not lose sight of how well we have played recently. Rest the tired legs, get the injured back fit and go again....need to keep things in perspective...

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

There is always more than one village idiot in the pub

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

No issue with people calling a crap performance crap. 

This forum has craved for balance for years, we finally have some and you’re calling people bed wetters. 

You can make it personal all you want but people will speak their mind. Fans turned up, the team didn’t. Is anyone saying anything more? 

Calling people see you next Tuesday’s on a message board. Come on mate. ? Lets be reyt. 

Man when we lose at home, we lose, 4-1, 3-0. Keystone cop stuff the 2nd half. It’s easy to say we missed Mount but we had no focal point. Waghorn is a miss to. 

To many players had off days, Huddlestone wasn’t at the racers, Lawerence lazy and left poor Fozzy exposed so many times. Fozzy just doesn’t want the ball (headed it away numerous times when he had time).

However no knee jerk, you don’t become a bad side with one poor match. Keep thinking the first 25 minutes at Boro at times like this and keep the faith. 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Two subs were forced. I think we may be did need someone like Johnson in midfield to toughen us up a bit. We just didn’t get a grip on the game and the more it went on the more Villa took hold. It could have been a different story if we had taken our chances first half but we drifted out of the game second half. I think on a different day we could give them a run for their money but today wasn’t to be. We did well to keep them out until the 74 minute.

Yeah, I don’t disagree. We didn’t do the business though, or stick it in the net when we could. Neither did they for the first 60 minutes. 

There’s no point dancing around the reality of that second half performance though. Outplayed in every department. 

Archived