Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

Team too weak - experience won over youthful energy.

Bogle, Bennett and Holmes is potential but not current.

Strange one for me today was the change of formation. Frank was trying to do something to effect the game but our midfield was being killed and three centre half's was not going to fix that. Come the first goal, Keogh has gone off marauding up the pitch, Tomori gets pulled across, Bogle is too high up as he's now a wing back (Not that he would have stopped a cross anyway) and then Forsyth is left with multiple runners. Similar type of scenario on the second goal.

Anyway, forget about it, move on. Mount and Bryson back fit, maybe Waghorn, Davies back in (Hopefully).

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone knows it was a bad day at the office today and kudos to Villa.

But what I’ll say is I wish we actually gave these games a bit more of a ‘big game’ feel. Today felt apathetic to me, from the pitch to the fans in the crowd. We were nervy and cagey, but it’s because we are turning up expecting to win via some sort of Wilson wonder goal once again and it ain’t gonna happen. Villa treated it as a big game, from theirs players to their fans and they are going home with three points because they wanted to win rather than expected it. That’s what I’m disappointed about tonight, that we have an attitude that we don’t need to turn up and that’s running through the club because we have won some games recently. Hope Frank sorts them out, hope the fans realise that the bowls and ott moans at every little mistake does no one good. 

Just now, 86 points said:

It's fine McLovin. You compare as many Derby players here to ripped condoms as you like if that's your idea of a striking a balance on the forum. In the meantime, I'll simply sit here and lament the fact that your old man split his ? 

There are many posts on this thread ripping Lawrence to shreads, from calling him as useless as a Marzipan sex toy, that he had a bet on Villa to win and other posts that he’s outright useless but you only decided to focus on my comment?

Get a grip, you’re entitled your opinion as I am mine and I have no problem if someone else has a different opinion. You’re last comment proves how childish you are ?

31 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Who is happy-clapping you utter buffoon? Cite one post that states it was all good today. Seriously pal, give your head a wobble. You're just making shizzle up to defend your complete lack of perspective. 

Why , when someone wants to try and give their PERSONAL perpsective that doesn’t fit in with the view of the mob do they have to get castigated ? People say that they appreciate that everyone can say what they want and then they get killed when they do just that.?

I realise  that there is this little clique on here but criticizing a player does not make one anti Rams or completely negative. People see games differently and some folks can be more objective than others.

36 minutes ago, ramit said:

Should have had the taste of blood in their mouths for today's game and didn't for some reason.  There is plenty of ability in this team, there should be no room for self doubt before big games like this.  Maybe we should hire a hypnotist.

Do you think they're smoking too much?

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Why , when someone wants to try and give their PERSONAL perpsective that doesn’t fit in with the view of the mob do they have to get castigated ? People say that they appreciate that everyone can say what they want and then they get killed when they do just that.?

I realise  that there is this little clique on here but criticizing a player does not make one anti Rams or completely negative. People see games differently and some folks can be more objective than others.

Very strange too, that person has tried to make rise to his comments for months after I criticised Rowett. This is a forum, if people don’t like differing opinions then I suggest they don’t use it. And the personal insults to myself and other users too.

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

Really can't be arsed to explain this again. Read the comments posted once more if you really want an answer to your question. If not, don't. I'm not unduly fussed either way at this point.

7 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Who's in this clique?

Name names.

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really can't be arsed to explain this again. Read the comments posted once more if you really want an answer to your question. If not, don't. I'm not unduly fussed either way at this point.

There's a clear difference between using a simile to describe how poor a player played today and wishing that another person had not been born ?

Just now, philmycock said:

South Stand was embarrassing today, utter tripe, sing when we're winning

And the North? West? East? 

Thought they were ok first half, second half rightfully subdued. 

Dont get the South Stand hate. Be nice if one of the other stands turn up once this decade! 

The first half was quite even. Villa perhaps edged it but we had two glorious chances. One looked like a handball on the line? Or did i imagine that?? No one has mentioned it. Surely should have been a penalty and a red card but the ref played advantage?

and then lawrence put it over the bar from close range. We really have to bury those. Villa had chances but we really should have gone in at half time ahead.

second half Villa took over. Huddz became increasingly ineffective. Dropping too deep. Standing next to villa players so that he wasn't available for a pass. In the end holmes and wilson had to come very deep just to get us moving. it was men against boys in the midfield. Grealish started to run the show and drifted past big Tom whilst he was doing his impression of a shop dummy. We got worse and villa got better and better. Tom Lawrence did f...all . Josefzoon ditto. Jack marriott was brilliant on his own and was our only threat. 

Despite some great games we have only won 3 in 10. Injuries are taking their toll now, and there were another two today. Bennett and fozzy. This is where we could need the thornes, johnsons, wisdoms and butterfields. We might need to bring a few in from the cold.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The first half was quite even. Villa perhaps edged it but we had two glorious chances. One looked like a handball on the line? Or did i imagine that?? No one has mentioned it. Surely should have been a penalty and a red card but the ref played advantage?

and then lawrence put it over the bar from close range. We really have to bury those. Villa had chances but we really should have gone in at half time ahead.

second half Villa took over. Huddz became increasingly ineffective. Dropping too deep. Standing next to villa players so that he wasn't available for a pass. In the end holmes and wilson had to come very deep just to get us moving. it was men against boys in the midfield. Grealish started to run the show and drifted past big Tom whilst he was doing his impression of a shop dummy. We got worse and villa got better and better. Tom Lawrence did f...all . Josefzoon ditto. Jack marriott was brilliant on his own and was our only threat. 

Despite some great games we have only won 3 in 10. Injuries are taking their toll now, and there were another two today. Bennett and fozzy. This is where we could need the thornes, johnsons, wisdoms and butterfields. We might need to bring a few in from the cold.

Thorne? Butterfield? Just don't see them being in Frank's plans.....

13 minutes ago, philmycock said:

South Stand was embarrassing today, utter tripe, sing when we're winning

What an embarrassing post. I thought they were OK in the first half but the second half was tough for all of us. Do you go to many away games? If you do then you'll know that our support is really no better or worse than the majority of other clubs. Get off the fans backs please.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yep spot on analysis. And I thought it was a hand ball also but with all the mayhem and the follow up shots I think it went unnoticed by the officials and by us. I pen and a sending off would have been a huge game changer. 

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

No, i think i might be though, as that one flew right over me in a purple haze

Cultural difference, perhaps.

In this country, we use hypnotists for two things.

Smoking cessation, and making drunk people dance like chickens.

To inconsistent and injuries are unfortunate at the moment

To many poor performances,Millwall,Rotherham,Bolton away and Leeds, Villa and even Norwich at home we have not been good enough.

That said this season so far is very strange there is no outstanding team and even the 2 points per game average is not being met by Norwich who are top and that included two of there goals today in stoppage time.

I think we are good enough for a top six this season and that could be any where between top and sixth

Leeds looked the team to beat a month ago and there getting tonked tonight 

Archived