Derby County v Aston Villa Match Thread

AmericanRam

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

No issue with people calling a crap performance crap. 

This forum has craved for balance for years, we finally have some and you’re calling people bed wetters. 

You can make it personal all you want but people will speak their mind. Fans turned up, the team didn’t. Is anyone saying anything more? 

Calling people see you next Tuesday’s on a message board. Come on mate. ? Lets be reyt. 

Exactly, balance is needed on a forum. When we play well and when a player plays well, praise will be given, but if the team and a player plays crap, it needs to be pointed out too. The happy clappers are just as bad if not worse than people who moan because they refuse to see any negatives. There were posts after we lost to Fulham in the play offs about how you can tell who the real Derby fans are because the real Derby fans would have backed Rowett, what kind of nonsense is that?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say what the problem was today probably a number of factors, injuries, tired legs, lightweight in the middle, etc. The players that started certainly didn’t turn up.

Its a bad defeat but also a reality check. We’ve played really well this month so I’m not too concerned.

Plenty for the management team to work on over the next few weeks, there’s no let up till feb/march after this break. We need to get back on the front foot after the break.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No issue with people calling a crap performance crap. 

This forum has craved for balance for years, we finally have some and you’re calling people bed wetters. 

You can make it personal all you want but people will speak their mind. Fans turned up, the team didn’t. Is anyone saying anything more? 

Calling people see you next Tuesday’s on a message board. Come on mate. ? Lets be reyt. 

Haven't taken issue with folk calling the performance poor as we were awful in the 2nd half. Comparing Lawrence to a ripped condom however is the province of a total see you next Tuesday and nothing you say will persuade me otherwise. Folk are entitled to criticise if they feel they want to but the over the top personal stuff is frankly pathetic and 9 times out of 10 from the same idiotic sources. Boils my piss.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Exactly, balance is needed on a forum. When we play well and when a player plays well, praise will be given, but if the team and a player plays crap, it needs to be pointed out too. The happy clappers are just as bad if not worse than people who moan because they refuse to see any negatives. There were posts after we lost to Fulham in the play offs about how you can tell who the real Derby fans are because the real Derby fans would have backed Rowett, what kind of nonsense is that?

But it's about perspective. We have lost 1 game in 7. No need for an over reaction. Learn from it and move on....

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Who is happy-clapping you utter buffoon? Cite one post that states it was all good today. Seriously pal, give your head a wobble. You're just making shizzle up to defend your complete lack of perspective. 

Should have had the taste of blood in their mouths for today's game and didn't for some reason.  There is plenty of ability in this team, there should be no room for self doubt before big games like this.  Maybe we should hire a hypnotist.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Haven't taken issue with folk calling the performance poor as we were awful in the 2nd half. Comparing Lawrence to a ripped condom however is the province of a total see you next Tuesday and nothing you say will persuade me otherwise. Folk are entitled to criticise if they feel they want to but the over the top personal stuff is frankly pathetic and 9 times out of 10 from the same idiotic sources. Boils my piss.

Fair doo’s. 

Had to completely miss the game. Got intermittent Radio Derby where I am tonight and Ramage actually spoke some sense:

"We win as a team and we lose as a team". 

We know how good we've beeb, and we've revelled in it. It can't happen every single game. We lost, we dust ourselves down, treat the injured, work harder in training and come out even better after the International break.

We know we're a work in progress and are on an upward trajectory. Already we're in the playoffs with the top of the table not far away. 

Hope Fozzy is OK given @OwenB87's earlier tweet. 

@OwenB557

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

But it's about perspective. We have lost 1 game in 7. No need for an over reaction. Learn from it and move on....

Not really an overreaction to see say it how it is though. Villa could have easily scored 5 or 6 today. And when I said season defining, it very well could be because key players look to have serious injuries

I’d have brought Johnson on for Lawrence in the second half. They were bullying us. We needed some steel and Tom wasn’t up for it today and nor was Fozzie. Why ? 

First half was entertaining and evenly matched. Bennett had that no3 in his pocket and we missed him after he went off. Why wasn’t there an indirect free kick in the box when he was blatantly obstructed ? 

On the basis of the second half performance we got what we deserved. Villa played better than we did by a considerable margin 

Marriott however gets a 10 .. he worked his socks off, has a great touch and unlike some Villa players doesn’t go in for theatrics. In a perverse way I think that was his best performance. He never stopped, was always intelligent with what he tried to do and the booking was a travesty. It was a full blown tackle but he played the ball. Right in front of me. Doubt it was a foul and even if it was on some some technicality, it wasn’t a yellow.

We’ll learn from this .. up the Rams 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Who is happy-clapping you utter buffoon? Cite one post that states it was all good today. Seriously pal, give your head a wobble. You're just making shizzle up to defend your complete lack of perspective. 

I thought you had me on ignore? I find it very amusing and hypocritical and how you were calling me out for months and months about my criticism of Rowett but now you’re the one calling him a snake ?

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I thought you had me on ignore? I find it very amusing and hypocritical and how you were calling me out for months and months about my criticism of Rowett but now you’re the one calling him a snake ?

He's a snake because he upped and ran at the first sniff of a fat wage packet. What's laughable is that you think that has any relevance to today's performance. You carry on slating the players all you like pal, I'll carrying on calling you out as as the fairweather **** you are.

A result like this was going to happen sooner or later. Not enough players on form today. Bennett not good enough, Lawrence hid all game, Midfield over ran. Shame we didn’t take the chances just before half time.

In the big picture a great run of games and performances, today was just an off day. Good time for a break then bring on the Wendy’s. COYR 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

He's a snake because he upped and ran at the first sniff of a fat wage packet. What's laughable is that you think that has any relevance to today's performance. You carry on slating the players all you like pal, I'll carrying on calling you as as the fairweather **** you are.

So you wouldn’t leave your current job for a better paid one then? Let’s be frank here, he would have been sacked by Mel regardless at some point like the managers before him were. Maybe he was saw the inevitable and tried to secure  a future for his family.

So what do want me to say? About what a player Lawrence is and how magnificent he is? No I will tell it how it is. I’m not the one going around on an Internet Board calling people see you next Tuesdays, I have an opinion just like yourself. Don’t like it? Don’t use the forum

Could have done with playing Villa when we played Leeds, and Leeds when we played Villa!  LOL!

Ho Hum.  A bad day at the office... first in a good while, tbf... so we regroup, and go again.

I'd normally be miffed at an international break when we're on a downer, but with the injuries in mind, it may do us more good than harm.

Archived