George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

23 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I don't think any of Rowett's signings turned out badly though, even if he did, and weren't so expensive as to bankrupt us. Arguably Jerome is a dud but otherwise I think they were all pretty decent?

Ledley on a free was good.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Just went on his wiki. He scored against us in his first season. Good idea, just buy everyone who has scored against us and then surely we've got a chance

Chapter one of the “Nigel Clough Book of Scouting”.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think this is quite a shrewd signing. Cheap, young, with good pedigree being from Man City. 

Rated highly by Patrick Vieira apparently.

I like this signing, Frank has worked with him before so knows a bit about the attributes he can add and at £350,000 it's pretty risk-free.

Another signing made after the Vydra deal fell through also suggests we're not under massive FFP pressure.

Lampard remembers working with him in the City team, hence the interest & purchase. It's an incredibly odd one, but he's going to have to impress to even get on the bench. Ledley & Huddlestone currently sat ahead of him, not to mention Thorne still in the picture. 

Good luck to the lad. He's got a tough route to the first team. If he gets there and does well then he's certainly earned the right. I imagine he'll be playing in a lot of U23 games initially. 

Archived