George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, Ambitious said:

Lampard remembers working with him in the City team, hence the interest & purchase. It's an incredibly odd one, but he's going to have to impress to even get on the bench. Ledley & Huddlestone currently sat ahead of him, not to mention Thorne still in the picture. 

Good luck to the lad. He's got a tough route to the first team. If he gets there and does well then he's certainly earned the right. I imagine he'll be playing in a lot of U23 games initially. 

BBC SPORT TEAM NEWS

**GEORGE EVANS STRAIGHT INTO THE STARTING LINE UP AGAINST READING**

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Lampard remembers working with him in the City team, hence the interest & purchase. It's an incredibly odd one, but he's going to have to impress to even get on the bench. Ledley & Huddlestone currently sat ahead of him, not to mention Thorne still in the picture. 

Good luck to the lad. He's got a tough route to the first team. If he gets there and does well then he's certainly earned the right. I imagine he'll be playing in a lot of U23 games initially. 

Due to him being young and more mobile than Huddlestone I can imagine him playing ahead of Tom. And Thorne will be out of the door at the next opportunity.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Unfortunately i don't think Thorne is in the picture anymore. 

Signings like this get me more excited than splurging 6-8 million on a player like McLean or Waghorn. Young, point to prove and resale value if needed. He will be a player to step in, and stay in, this year or next.

I hope that Frank and Jody have got their scouting network up and running within the lower leagues or abroad for more of these type of signings.

Well in DCFC.

Good Evans above. Talk about lambing season starting at a strange time of the year 

any day soon we are going to see press stories talking about Frank Lampards “youthful Derby team”

I’m loving this - increase young guns by 50% keeping a few hairy old ones for stability and nouse. The balance feels like it’s swung the right way 

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ledley & Huddlestone currently sat ahead of him, not to mention Thorne still in the picture. 

As others have said above - I suspect this signals the end of a Derby career for at least 1 if not 2 of the guys you mention

I'd be gutted to see Huddlestone go again - But it would be with some irony if we got £3m for him as I'm pretty sure that's more than we got when he was a promising youngster

Would have thought Ledley and Huddlestone would have been handed new contracts by now if there was really a long term future there - I suspect the plan is to run down any contracts or (if seen as crucial) handed new ones to a select group in January

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

As others have said above - I suspect this signals the end of a Derby career for at least 1 if not 2 of the guys you mention

I'd be gutted to see Huddlestone go again - But it would be with some irony if we got £3m for him as I'm pretty sure that's more than we got when he was a promising youngster

Would have thought Ledley and Huddlestone would have been handed new contracts by now if there was really a long term future there - I suspect the plan is to run down any contracts or (if seen as crucial) handed new ones to a select group in January

Is there a thread with contract expiry dates ?

Archived