George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is Frank not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Having been at Man City with him, as fellow midfielders, he'll have a very good idea of Evans' abilities and attitude. Tellingly, he was a regular in Reading's good team two years ago, but out of favour for their bad team last season. He was available for peanuts and we'd rather have a young mobile midfielder able to step into the CDM role than shoehorn the likes of Huddlestone or Johnson there. 

Evans will be grateful for a second chance and not having to go to League One to play. He'll be on low wages. It feels the end of Thorne (for this season anyway) and Butterfield and probably Hanson too. All to go on loan if they are to play.

Ledley is in pole position right now, but Evans seems the most natural cover for what will be a key position. 

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think this is Frank not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Having been at Man City with him, as fellow midfielders, he'll have a very good idea of Evans' abilities and attitude. Tellingly, he was a regular in Reading's good team two years ago, but out of favour for their bad team last season. He was available for peanuts and we'd rather have a young mobile midfielder able to step into the CDM role than shoehorn the likes of Huddlestone or Johnson there. 

Evans will be grateful for a second chance and not having to go to League One to play. He'll be on low wages. It feels the end of Thorne (for this season anyway) and Butterfield and probably Hanson too. All to go on loan if they are to play.

Ledley is in pole position right now, but Evans seems the most natural cover for what will be a key position. 

Excellent post as per usual, CS

Derby are close to completing a deal to sign George Evans from Reading.

SSN understands a fee in the region of £1m has been discussed between the clubs. 

Evans is believed to be keen on the move and has rejected interest from Sunderland.

SSN reported earlier this month that League One Sunderland were in advanced talks over a deal for Evans.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

15 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

He is clearly out of favour with only 1 year left, i wouldnt be surprised if it was around 250k with add ons up to 750k.

Or they can give us 1m & Evans for Butterfield! 

i wish nice idea 

At 1 million I’m still a little bit concerned over this deal... can’t help but feel that money can be better spent in more advanced cover midfielders. Reading fans seem to think he’s slow and Immobile, his stats seem to suggest him as more a Huddlestone than a Bryson. Not so sure we need him that much but we’ll see, maybe Lampard will convert him. He’s clearly got talent, but with not a great deal of money to spend, we need to be careful on recruiting key positions really.

Just hope others are right and he can play further forward.

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

At 1 million I’m still a little bit concerned over this deal... can’t help but feel that money can be better spent in more advanced cover midfielders. Reading fans seem to think he’s slow and Immobile, his stats seem to suggest him as more a Huddlestone than a Bryson. Not so sure we need him that much but we’ll see, maybe Lampard will convert him. He’s clearly got talent, but with not a great deal of money to spend, we need to be careful on recruiting key positions really.

Just hope others are right and he can play further forward.

I've worked with a few Reading fans - they know bugger all about football - if Frank knows the lad and thinks he can do a job, then that's good enough for me....

Archived