George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great deal. He's still young enough to develop even if he's had a mixed spell at Reading, and I'm entirely unconvinced that Clement knows anything about players who aren't already the best in the world. Obviously Rowett's dead to me now, but it's amazing what's happened in terms of quality of deals driven by both Rowett and Frank since Rush left. 

4 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

That's a great deal. He's still young enough to develop even if he's had a mixed spell at Reading, and I'm entirely unconvinced that Clement knows anything about players who aren't already the best in the world. Obviously Rowett's dead to me now, but it's amazing what's happened in terms of quality of deals driven by both Rowett and Frank since Rush left. 

Let's get the season underway before we get carried away. I remember similar comments with the signings we made last season. Not that im being negative.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Let's get the season underway before we get carried away. I remember similar comments with the signings we made last season. Not that im being negative.

I don't think any of Rowett's signings turned out badly though, even if he did, and weren't so expensive as to bankrupt us. Arguably Jerome is a dud but otherwise I think they were all pretty decent?

Archived