George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Is there a thread with contract expiry dates ?

There used to be - I suspect it's in the process of being updated ?

However - I remember the Ledley signing as being 18 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42158563

And Huddlestone was a 2 yr deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40621728

I would imagine everyone with a contract expiring at the end of the season has still been in contention though - Asked to wait until January to get a better idea of the shape of the squad?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cheron85 said:

There used to be - I suspect it's in the process of being updated ?

However - I remember the Ledley signing as being 18 months

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42158563

And Huddlestone was a 2 yr deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40621728

I would imagine everyone with a contract expiring at the end of the season has still been in contention though - Asked to wait until January to get a better idea of the shape of the squad?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22/vertragsendeJahr/2019

Just had a google.

A lot there out of contract which is good. I think maybe only Bryson and slight chance Ledley will get a renewal. Others are gone. A lot of wages gone there. I also saw next season Vydra is out of contract...could lose a lot of income if he runs that down

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/derby-county/vertragsende/verein/22/vertragsendeJahr/2019

Just had a google.

A lot there out of contract which is good. I think maybe only Bryson and slight chance Ledley will get a renewal. Others are gone. A lot of wages gone there. I also saw next season Vydra is out of contract...could lose a lot of income if he runs that down

Didn't realise we had an option on Huddlestone so he'll be less 'worried' about his contract expiry date - Bryson seems to be a key man again (thankfully) and I would imagine well before Januaryn he'll get a new contract - Then will be down to if Ledley stays as a key man or not

Controversially (especially cos I've always given him grief) I'd maybe give Johnson another year - He's the best backup we have for Bryson when it comes to a willing box-to-box runner and adds a bit of bite for when we come up against Pulis' Boro and Mini-Pulis' Stoke.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Didn't realise we had an option on Huddlestone so he'll be less 'worried' about his contract expiry date - Bryson seems to be a key man again (thankfully) and I would imagine well before Januaryn he'll get a new contract - Then will be down to if Ledley stays as a key man or not

Controversially (especially cos I've always given him grief) I'd maybe give Johnson another year - He's the best backup we have for Bryson when it comes to a willing box-to-box runner and adds a bit of bite for when we come up against Pulis' Boro and Mini-Pulis' Stoke.

I was just thinking with Evans coming in it probably spells the end for Thorne and probably Bradley “still don’t know his best position” Johnson 

im not a fan of his I have to say at his best he’s a dog of war that despite his lack of mobility is a strong boy and I thought for the last 2 months of the season off the ball last year he was excellent but on it... oh dear god 

at best he’s ok .... and I mean ok but ok doesn’t get u out of this league I’ll be more than happy if we let him run his contract out and go separate ways end of the season 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I was just thinking with Evans coming in it probably spells the end for Thorne and probably Bradley “still don’t know his best position” Johnson 

im not a fan of his I have to say at his best he’s a dog of war that despite his lack of mobility is a strong boy and I thought for the last 2 months of the season off the ball last year he was excellent but on it... oh dear god 

at best he’s ok .... and I mean ok but ok doesn’t get u out of this league I’ll be more than happy if we let him run his contract out and go separate ways end of the season 

Magnificent tackle and pass for Jerome goal against Barnsley.  He had a very good end to the season after recovery from his back injury.  Always has played in patches but some hate for the sake of hating and nothing can be done to change their minds.  

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Bradley Johnson helped get Norwich out of this league with 19 goals in their promotion season. Bryson helped Cardiff out of this league too last year. Why can’t they do it for us?

I really think Mel has pulled a cracker here.

Rowett talked about youth but never gave them a chance, played boring football and when we had the chance to go for the jugular against Fulham set us up so defensive it was unreal.

Mel tells everyone we'll have no funds for next season

Rowett thinks "duck that, i'm off to stoke"

Mel gets 2mill for him

Mel signs Frank Lampard

Frank signs young hungry, talented players for a good few million.

Rowetts thinkin " wtf"

Mels giggling.

Happy days!!!

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bradley Johnson helped get Norwich out of this league with 19 goals in their promotion season. Bryson helped Cardiff out of this league too last year. Why can’t they do it for us?

we have a knack of overpaying for players then playing them in the wrong position.  Hopefully that is in the past

35 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Anya has two years left? What an awful awful signing - up there with Blackman for me. Pointless waste of resources. 

TBF it's difficult to tell if someone is a good footballer if you've got your head buried in the ground ?

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of the lad but if Franks thinks he’s up to it then that’s good enough for me ..... in Frank we trust!!!! The signings this close season have been like a breath of fresh air .... young, energetic, potential etc so much different from what’s gone on in recent years ?

I am excited to see all the signings    this season and see how they develop throughout the campaign. 

I really have a good feeling about this season . I just want to see exciting attacking football which I am sure we are going to get with Frank at the helm.

Regardless what happens it won’t be boring and I can’t wait for Friday?

I know we need to move on from ‘two shots’ but I can’t help wondering what he must be thinking sat in his office up the A50. If it was me I be like ‘holy c**p Frank’s making me look like a footballing dinosaur’. Love to be a fly on the wall in his meetings with Kevin, Rory et al. 

Archived