George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Hudds go to Snake City.

people go on about vydra, but tom is the one who doesn't look particularly well suited to an energetic, pressing, short passing game. 

Hudds going nowhwere. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still unsure on the point in this transfer, would have preferred a midfielder that can play further forward. Can only assume for whatever reason Thorne is leaving, so we need cover. Always seemed a decent prospect tbf so if that is the case then on such a small fee as being discussed then it’s a good move.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Still unsure on the point in this transfer, would have preferred a midfielder that can play further forward. Can only assume for whatever reason Thorne is leaving, so we need cover. Always seemed a decent prospect tbf so if that is the case then on such a small fee as being discussed then it’s a good move.

I've read elsewhere that Evans quite likes to get forward but has often been used in a more defensive role.

I think he is a very flexible bench option who, when given his chance, could oust one of the others. 

Someone who can cover a number of positions, is a team man, never likely to complain or fuss, quietly gets on with is job is an asset to any team.

Taking into account his Man City background and a few season in the championship, his young age , still has a chance to improve and very small fee.

This is no brainer. Even if it doesn't work we would get our money back.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Hudds go to Snake City.

people go on about vydra, but tom is the one who doesn't look particularly well suited to an energetic, pressing, short passing game. 

Thing is the pressing intensity will be so high the team will be knackered! If we’re winning 2/3-0 and we’re on the ropes for the last 5/10 minutes, would you not want someone who can come on and slow the game down a bit, run the clock down put the ball by the oppositions corner flag?

i know this has happened we’ve gone defensive beforehand and drawn/lost games but with a fresh huddlestone who has bags of knowledge I’d hope he would know where to send the ball.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think this is one of those transfers where a player has become available at a cheap price and has a chance to become a very good (Prem quality) player. Frank knows him and has seen him first hand, so knows the potential. Sure, he plays in a position we are well stocked at the minute. But we could be seeing him play at a high level in 2 seasons as our starter when our older heads have regressed and either left or are on the bench.

This is a signing for both now, but mainly the future.

13 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I think this is one of those transfers where a player has become available at a cheap price and has a chance to become a very good (Prem quality) player. Frank knows him and has seen him first hand, so knows the potential. Sure, he plays in a position we are well stocked at the minute. But we could be seeing him play at a high level in 2 seasons as our starter when our older heads have regressed and either left or are on the bench.

This is a signing for both now, but mainly the future.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Timdcfc said:

Thing is the pressing intensity will be so high the team will be knackered! If we’re winning 2/3-0 and we’re on the ropes for the last 5/10 minutes, would you not want someone who can come on and slow the game down a bit, run the clock down put the ball by the oppositions corner flag?

i know this has happened we’ve gone defensive beforehand and drawn/lost games but with a fresh huddlestone who has bags of knowledge I’d hope he would know where to send the ball.

tom can certainly hit a 40 yard pass, but he is fairly static. I think we could afford to lose him if we got offered a decent fee.

i haven't given up on GT yet. 

I remember him slightly from a time either on TV or when they played us and I thought he looked pretty handy. Reading were awful last year so i'm not going to judge him totally playing in a poor side. He seemed to have decent potential.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

I remember him slightly from a time either on TV or when they played us and I thought he looked pretty handy. Reading were awful last year so i'm not going to judge him totally playing in a poor side. He seemed to have decent potential.

Scored against us at PP

Archived