George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Anya has two years left? What an awful awful signing - up there with Blackman for me. Pointless waste of resources. 

In terms of the fee yes, but curiously, with his energy and effort he could be a good back up given our new found hungry style of play. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have absolutely no idea if Evans is any good or not. Reading fans don't seem to gutted he is leaving, is that sour grapes or is he just a bit ordinary?

Most saying he showed promise but didn’t get a chance to prove it based on what I’ve seen. I’d suggest he’s looked ordinary for the most part when he’s had a chance, but he was a regular part of a midfield that finished third and played in a PO final which he did well in. 

Lampard has definitely gone off what he saw when he was at City and the promise he had. It’s a gamble, but for 350k and probably a low wage it won’t impact us too much even if he does turn out to be a poor signing. 

I’ll be honest, I’m more hopeful than expectant. I think he’ll be stuck in the u23s for the first month, with a Cup appearance, who knows after that. 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

In terms of the fee yes, but curiously, with his energy and effort he could be a good back up given our new found hungry style of play. 

I think the problem last year was a distinct lack of quality rather than energy - Other than Huddlestone and Lawrence we didn't have a lot (once Russell left) and we plummeted - Anya is lacking in quality - Might as well have Bennett and Thomas as backup

I might be wrong but from what I’ve read he could play in any of the midfield 3 positions and CB which makes him a very good bench player at least to start with and if he improves may push the others for a starting spot to cover injuries etc

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bradley Johnson helped get Norwich out of this league with 19 goals in their promotion season. Bryson helped Cardiff out of this league too last year. Why can’t they do it for us?

Fifteen… and their upturn in form coincided with them shifting him out to the left-side to get him out of the way of the football…

Johnson was probably the only player who didn’t let his head drop when were pathetic against Sunderland at PP.

its not his fault we payed way too much for him in terms of fee and wages. 

Having said all that I’m glad that FLs squad / team seems to have a shift towards footballers. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Bradley Johnson helped get Norwich out of this league with 19 goals in their promotion season. Bryson helped Cardiff out of this league too last year. Why can’t they do it for us?

im not disputing Bryson ... I can see what he brings to the table and has done in a derby shirt

what has Bradley Johnson done in a derby shirt in the last 3 seasons that suggests this year we won’t still see the same player that’s slow to get about the park and can’t pass reliably for toffee

nick Blackman had a golden 3-4 month period for reading ... ur logic suggests we hang on to him too just incase 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Magnificent tackle and pass for Jerome goal against Barnsley.  He had a very good end to the season after recovery from his back injury.  Always has played in patches but some hate for the sake of hating and nothing can be done to change their minds.  

I think it’s called being ruthless mate

i don’t hate him, 

as I said in my first post if u read it properly

I said I can see what he can bring to the table as he did in the last couple of months of the season.

I don’t blindly hate any player and try be as balanced as possible 

but playing well for two months of a season isn’t good enough, and last season sums up Bradley Johnson at derby 

when he first joined he dined out on that first 2 month period where he was excellent for us... but then went missing in action for a number of months 

His 3 years at derby in a nutshell can be described as wildly inconsistent which ironically is akin to his passing (that’s statement couldn’t be closer to the mark FYI)

and incosntistent doesn’t get u promoted.

end of story.

5 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Nice to see that we have turned a thread about George Evans into a comparison between Bryso and Johnson...

It is on topic though isn’t it 

midfielders that he will be in comepetion with ? 

And surely when speaking about him is the first question... who makes way ? Who’s he in direct competition with?

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It is on topic though isn’t it 

midfielders that he will be in comepetion with ? 

And surely when speaking about him is the first question... who makes way ? Who’s he in direct competition with?

No need to compare the players ahead of him surely? Compare the lad to who he has to challenge to get a spot in the first team?

2 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

No need to compare the players ahead of him surely? Compare the lad to who he has to challenge to get a spot in the first team?

Er Isn't that the same thing??????

Ok re-read the thread and I get your point

Archived