George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cdm is one of the most important positions for the way Lampard wants to play as it allows the two advanced centre midfielders and the front three to focus more so on attacking. You can never have too many defensive midfielders in the squad, we should know that better than anyone else after what happened in 14/15.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Derby County is the place to be. 

George Thorne is on his way probably. 

Be a shame but he’s looked nothing like the player we know and love since his leg break..... but we must move on for the long term good of the team.  Maybe a loan to get game time would be the best for both parties.  Unlikely anyone would take the gamble of a permanent deal unless Mc thinks he’s worth a punt

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Intresting one - the Reading fans seriously don’t rate him so we will see 

I've seen the exact opposite. Most Reading fans are baffled he's not playing and that he would improve their side (thats not very hard to be fair), saying they'll regret this decision. It's a low fee anyway, so the risk is minimal. 

I reckon Ledley 1st choice with Evans battling for the shirt, I like Ledley a lot, enough pace to get around and put challenges in coupled with good positional awareness and intelligence

Huddlestone and Thorne must be either sold or out out on loan

i like Huddlestone, but he’s another year older and he moves like the titanic, it certainly looks like frank wants to play the high press with a team full of agile, mobile players and Huddlestone just doesn’t fit that role

Breaks my heart that we’ve not seen the George Thorne of 2014 again, at the top of his game he was easily the best defensive midfielder in the championship by a country mile! Such a shame and waste of talent, I can’t see him ever getting back to the level he was and it’s a crying shame he was an exceptional footballer 

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Seems to me like a more mobile version of Thorne, the fact he covers CB as well means we dont need to get a 4th CB in as well

My 94 year old grandma is a more mobile version of Thorne. We don’t need him. So no thanks 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

My 94 year old grandma is a more mobile version of Thorne. We don’t need him. So no thanks 

I wouldn't be so quick. He has a good pedigree.

Following on from what @McLovin pointed out. The holding role is going to be absolutely key to the way Frank wants to play .

Under McLaren the holding role was key as it was the main outlet like a pivot in the teams attacking outlet , under Frank it seems as though the holding role will require more of a ball winner , who does the simple things and is like the glue for the rest of the team , basically wins the ball back and any more is a bonus. Huddlestone may struggle in this system , Ledley will be first choice . 

What I will say is that, not that anyone is doing this, we shouldn’t be quick to dismiss a player, especially at this price. Fulham, the team everyone raved about including myself, got promoted with Kevin McDonald as their main cdm. I didn’t think he was that great whenever I saw Fulham play or when he was at Wolves but did his job well enough to protect the back four and to give the ball to the front players ASAP, a bit like Ledley currently does.

Evans would be decent as an understudy to Ledley, although I’m not sure where this leaves Huddlestone because he probably sees himself as good enough to start most championship games.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Planning for the future with Huddlestone and Ledley probably moving on next summer. Still think box to box midfielder should be priority as we’re short in that area.

From a Walsall fan about when Evans was on loan to them...

Screenshot_20180728-190358_Twitter.jpg

Archived