Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Did anyone else wake up this morning with a big smile on their face thinking about Frank?  ?

Yes me too...I feel like I'm in this twilight fantasy world where everything derby county is great.

I am waiting for a cloud to come and piss on my parade, enter Paul Thirlwell.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Not going to happen can you really picture his WAG wife going for a cup of latte in a coffee shop in Chaddesden or buying some new threads in the Eagle Centre market. 

Well Ramps said they would be moving here as they've lived in lots of places during his career.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Not going to happen can you really picture his WAG wife going for a cup of latte in a coffee shop in Chaddesden or buying some new threads in the Eagle Centre market. 

You are clearly on a downer regarding this appointment. What aspect of management specifically do you expect Lampard to struggle with?

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

I still don't see your point, what's the difference between our new manager being someone thats unheard of as against someone that the global press has heard of,  either scenario still results in the same end product which is someone without any football league management experience being appointed as our manager? 

I understand this. Yet you seemed mystified as to why people are so excited.

I’m trying to explain people are excited because it’s big news. Never mind. 

I just want welcome you to derby I hope you can make us exciteing to watch our young players can make step upto first team. But we do need some flaire players even if means going aboard to find a gem or two you have contacts were to find them.

33 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I understand this. Yet you seemed mystified as to why people are so excited.

I’m trying to explain people are excited because it’s big news. Never mind. 

If it was Zinedine Zidane then could understand the frenzy. Not Frank Lampard whose never managed a football league club in his existence.

There's an interesting article on the BBC Football website which tries to expand on which party carries the largest risk in this deal Frank Lampard or Derby County.  In the end it doesnt really answer it's own question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304427

31 minutes ago, Ramkesian said:

Depending on which part of Derbyshire they choose to set up home in, Mrs Frank could be very close to Manchester or Liverpool, lots of trendy shopping and dining in both locations.

Which bit of Derbyshire is very close to Liverpool? (West Derby doesn’t count, just for the record...)

24 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

If it was Zinedine Zidane then could understand the frenzy. Not Frank Lampard whose never managed a football league club in his existence.

There's an interesting article on the BBC Football website which tries to expand on which party carries the largest risk in this deal Frank Lampard or Derby County.  In the end it doesnt really answer it's own question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304427

If we had signed a manager who had just won his third Champions League trophy in the last three years, I admit, I'd be much more excited than I am now. 

The reason people are excited, and this is the god's honest truth, is because we have a manager now who is much bigger than our club. In fact, we have a manager now who is bigger than any Championship club and bigger than most Premier League clubs. 

I think the alternative would have been Mick McCarthy, possibly, maybe Mark Warburton. Unfortunately, we didn't have an obvious choice like we had when we picked up Pearson, but look how that turned out. 

Archived