Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

My ONLY real problem with the new ground is the name, from Pride Park, to the iPro, never really taken to them, and don’t really see why we didn’t just call it The New Baseball Ground for the first few years, and then just drop the NEW, to leave The Baseball Ground again.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/06/2018 at 09:13, Inglorius said:

Not going to happen can you really picture his WAG wife going for a cup of latte in a coffee shop in Chaddesden or buying some new threads in the Eagle Centre market. 

So you're saying Frank's lying?

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

I'm more optimistic than usual about Frank but there was one thing he said that rankled a bit and triggered my "bull****" antenna.

That was about the history coming off the walls. Pride Park has no real history at all and mostly its bad!

Apart from that he was articulate and fairly cliché free. So onward to glory!!

Literally “coming off the walls”

24560534-FE51-4623-A19B-723A6CE809FC.jpeg

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

?

i've always suspected you're a man who knows how to handle a tool david, ?

Me too, have seen the way he dealt with a few tools on here in my time.?

5 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Im in my mid-20s and therefore pride park is all i know. The fact is, in my lifetime, the club has been for the majority of this time a second tier club and don't have those undoubtably fantastic memories.

I have the coffee cup goal, smashing forest with a bryson hattrick, beating forest on a number of other occasions, idiakez missing a penalty to take us to play-off final, commons bashing in a great goal to take us to old trafford league cup semi (just after united won the club world cup) and beating brighton /fulham at home in the playoff semis. I'm sure Lampard's first home game (live on sky i imagine) will be another great moment at pride park. 

It winds me up when people say bbg was much better and pps is flat-pack and soulless etc because it makes me feel like i chose to support some tinpot club!

Sorry Alexxxxx,

I am one of those who bang on about the good old days, but you are absolutely right your experiences are as valuable as mine.

I have passed on the virus to my son and now hopefully my grandsons.

Please don't let anyone belittle you love and pride of being the Fan of the best team ever. (wherever they play)

OneP

36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He watches Mrs Brown's Boys, therefore I assume he finds it funny. Any chance we can do a u-turn and terminate his contract? That's a sackable offence.

Nah, never assume that any man goes to watch something with his wife because he enjoys it as much as she does! In this case just blame her hormones, it's the only excuse for watching that poo I can think of!

On 01/06/2018 at 00:42, G STAR RAM said:

What managers are available that aren't a gamble in your opinion? 

Currently on the market and with magnificent records, Martin Jol, Sam Allerdyce or even Carlo Ancelotti. For me that’s where we should be aiming.

But also more than happy to go for a proven manager in the lower leagues.

Ipswich Town’s owner Marcus Evans interviewed Lampard twice but in the end offered the job to Paul Hurst.  His record has seen him lead Grimsby to promotion from the National League, and subsequently employed by Shrewsbury, who were then bottom of League 1, to 3rd and missing out in the play-offs.

It will be an interesting comparison to see ours and Ipswich’s standing at the end of next season. I will wager now that Ipswich will have made more progress.

13 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Currently on the market and with magnificent records, Martin Jol, Sam Allerdyce or even Carlo Ancelotti. For me that’s where we should be aiming.

Ipswich Town’s owner Marcus Evans interviewed Lampard twice but in the end offered the job to Paul Hurst.  His record has seen him lead Grimsby to promotion from the National League, and subsequently employed by Shrewsbury, who were then bottom of League 1, to 3rd and missing out in the play-offs.

It will be an interesting comparison to see ours and Ipswich’s standing at the end of next season. I will wager now that Ipswich will have made more progress.

I found so many things in this post hilarious. The bold part possibly the most ??

Although i wanted big Sam when rowett first went & before Lampard was linked i dont genuinely dont think are a big enough club to attract him or pay him what he’d want. He’ll be in a prem job again big X-Mas

But Carlo Ancelotti? What next approach city & poach Pep? 

I thought Lampard stopped the discussions with Ipswich 

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Do you not think that a man who has managed Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real, Bayern and has 3 Champions League titles to his name might be punching above our weight a little?

Come on now, Carlo Ancelotti, seriously???

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

f340f8439bc168f8edfeaed5def91dfd.gif

Archived