Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to remember the last manager who came in and said they didn't want to play good attacking football and bring through exciting young players.

"Na mate, my teams are going to sh*thouse the **** out of the league. Don't care if we lose long as we are a horrible team" even if that's what they really meant.

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've been noticing your posts for a while and am wondering what the point of you being a DCFC 'supporter' is. I'm sure there is something that makes you a supporter but I profess I still can't find it.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then thankyou for the compliment.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm trying to remember the last manager who came in and said they didn't want to play good attacking football and bring through exciting young players.

"Na mate are you an ostrich, my teams are going to sh*thouse the **** out of the league. Don't care if we lose long as we are a horrible team" even if that's what they really meant.

You clearly didnt watch Pearson's press conference.

8 hours ago, Duracell said:

You claim the fans being excited and this big thread as a measure of us lowering expectations, as if we haven’t appointed Frank Lampard as manager. I’d take your point if it was another untried manager that we hadn’t heard of...

Our managerial appointment is headline news in India. What you expecting? People to come on here and find the thread is only two pages long, and people expressing disappointment we didn’t go for Mick McCarthy?

I still don't see your point, what's the difference between our new manager being someone thats unheard of as against someone that the global press has heard of,  either scenario still results in the same end product which is someone without any football league management experience being appointed as our manager? 

On the World Cup discussion, he mentioned it to Henry Winter

He will have a brief break before media work at the World Cup for the group stage. “I’ve got a commitment with the BBC which doesn’t interfere with pre-season,” he said.

So it is only the group stage and he will be back before pre-season begins.

11 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Really impressed with his openness. Willing to move his family to the area. You can feel his desire to win. And one phrase I’m happy to hear so often from him “hard work”. It all starts with hard work 

Not going to happen can you really picture his WAG wife going for a cup of latte in a coffee shop in Chaddesden or buying some new threads in the Eagle Centre market. 

5 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Any news on the backroom staff yet? I think jody morris is part of it. Chuffed to bits frank has got the gig but id really like some experience there. 

Jody does have it. I’ve heard from here and a separate person that Pascal Zuberbühler is returning as GK coach. 

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I still don't see your point, what's the difference between our new manager being someone thats unheard of as against someone that the global press has heard of,  either scenario still results in the same end product which is someone without any football league management experience being appointed as our manager? 

I'm in the situation of being happy with every appointment of recent times and especially with this one...errr except Wassall.

I was very unhappy with him as he had no managerial experience.

However - I justify this rank hypocrisy by differentiating between the two as both having no experience at the top job BUT..

FL is a lot more charismatic.  He seems more switched on. He can point to his medals and demand success from his players. He comes from a rich background in coaching and can draw from that. He has links with top clubs in England who like to loan players out. He raises our profile worldwide. He is on tv already and kids around the city will want to support the team. He will get more time and patience from the fans. He is a natural leader who has shown ambition and has chosen to go straight for a managerial job rather than coach.

Ultimately both are a gamble but the stuff you can't really put on a managerial CV all point to Frank being the better option. 

Its pointless people coming back in 6months if he's having a 'mare and saying 'we told you so'....we all know its a risk but if you want to win big sometimes you have to put everything on 'odd or even' and see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Not going to happen can you really picture his WAG wife going for a cup of latte in a coffee shop in Chaddesden or buying some new threads in the Eagle Centre market. 

I’ve heard there are trains that go from Derby to London, unless nowadays when you move you’re not allowed to leave the area you’re in! And if trains are a bit crowded and she doesn’t fancy driving, I reckon hubby could scrape the pennies together hire a car and driver! ?

PistoldPete2
10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Seemed unlikely to me he would move house but I spose he's rich enough to buy a nice house in Duffield with loose change from his pocket .... Maybe Gary's old gaff? 

12 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

I am in fact cautiously optimistic, and I welcome Frank's appointment. As you say, time will tell. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and all that.

Happy clapper. 

Watched his press conference a couple of times last night and if he works with players half as well as he works a press room we're in for one hell of a season!!!  Seems to me he's lost none of the hunger to succeed that he had when he was a player, and speaks of his desire to improve the players through hard work.  Very pleasing to hear.  Of course GR could talk the talk (and downright bullsh**) when he wanted to so there's a danger that Frank may well be the same.  But the big thing is, I can't wait to find out!!!  I haven't been this excited & intrigued by an appointment since Schteve's first stint.    

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

No but she could go for one at the Apple Tree in Ockbrook, or The Boardwalk at Marcia marina for a coffee.  Plenty of boutique stores in the Cathedral quarter and the Bullring is only 30 minutes by train.  And I'm sure one of the liaison officers has already sounded out several properties around Alestree/Duffield/Quarndon where they could rent.

Of course we wouldn't advise sending her east over the county line, that would put her off...

Archived