Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Pearson said:

So we are now conditioned to accept mediocrity? Are you frightened of aiming high?

I always believed we were a big club biding our time until we get back into the Premiership. And once we got there, should we be any inferior to Newcastle, Leicester or Crystal Palace, all of whom have managed to sell their respective clubs to some big name managers.

Why can’t Morris do the same and show some ambition and aspiration.

You never know until you try, and a club with a potential to play in one of the best leagues in the world I would have thought would have been easy to sell. If it came to it a kick back or two wouldn’t have bothered me.

There is ambition and then there are crack pot, pie in the sky ideas that just aren't even worth the time and effort to everyone involved.

Suggesting Ancelotti is like someone moaning that we haven't signed Mbappe or Lewandowski.

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Pearson said:

So we are now conditioned to accept mediocrity? Are you frightened of aiming high?

I always believed we were a big club biding our time until we get back into the Premiership. And once we got there, should we be any inferior to Newcastle, Leicester or Crystal Palace, all of whom have managed to sell their respective clubs to some big name managers.

Why can’t Morris do the same and show some ambition and aspiration.

You never know until you try, and a club with a potential to play in one of the best leagues in the world I would have thought would have been easy to sell. If it came to it a kick back or two wouldn’t have bothered me.

We are conditioned to know where we are as a club and the level of players and managers we can attract, I wouldn’t walk into a nightclub and approach a Cheryl Cole as I know my level which is attracting closer to a Susan Boyle.

The only way you can break that is with money.

F7A3B0B6-357C-4045-A134-5B3DD3DC8942.jpeg

And lots of it. Derby do not have that to attract one of the most successful managers in the game right now, and I would imagine it would take a lot to lure a manager with his trophy collection to the second tier of English football.

It’s great to have ambition, punch a little above your weight, but we would need a step ladder and an uppercut to pull that off. What next, summer signings of Willian who wants a move away from Chelsea, maybe a rescue mission for Rashford at United? 

5 hours ago, David said:

We are conditioned to know where we are as a club and the level of players and managers we can attract, I wouldn’t walk into a nightclub and approach a Cheryl Cole as I know my level which is attracting closer to a Susan Boyle.

The only way you can break that is with money.

F7A3B0B6-357C-4045-A134-5B3DD3DC8942.jpeg

And lots of it. Derby do not have that to attract one of the most successful managers in the game right now, and I would imagine it would take a lot to lure a manager with his trophy collection to the second tier of English football.

It’s great to have ambition, punch a little above your weight, but we would need a step ladder and an uppercut to pull that off. What next, summer signings of Willian who wants a move away from Chelsea, maybe a rescue mission for Rashford at United? 

He's definitely only with her for her money!

I don't get this comment I keep seeing about how Frank Lampard will be able to get more out of <insert player name here>

Just because he was a top level player, it's a big assumption that he will have some magic way of improving people

Not saying it won't happen - but I wouldn't see it as the default - Isn't it just as likely that he'll see some players and think "nope - you're as good as you're going to get, there is absolutey nothing I can do or say that will make you a better footballer, you just don't have it in you" (I seem to recall that was Nigel Clough's opinion on Cwyka!)

PistoldPete2
On 08/06/2018 at 15:08, StivePesley said:

I don't get this comment I keep seeing about how Frank Lampard will be able to get more out of <insert player name here>

Just because he was a top level player, it's a big assumption that he will have some magic way of improving people

Not saying it won't happen - but I wouldn't see it as the default - Isn't it just as likely that he'll see some players and think "nope - you're as good as you're going to get, there is absolutey nothing I can do or say that will make you a better footballer, you just don't have it in you" (I seem to recall that was Nigel Clough's opinion on Cwyka!)

Lampard himself was massively improved due to the hard work he put in.

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Lampard himself was massively improved due to the hard work he put in.

If he can transfer just 50% of his own work ethic into the players, that will be a great start.

• 1 month later...

Wanted him from the minute there was a mention we could get him and watching his interview today s on double swoop just confirm it , the man means business,couple that with the lift he has brought to the club and our massively raised profile and you just want to thank Gary Rowett from the bottom of your heart for going to stoke?

Archived