Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

35 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

I think we'd probably be seeing similar kinds of comments if the roles were reversed and they'd just hired Lampard, and that would mainly be out of envy. The comments on there of them laughing and even saying we'll go down have got to have some kind of jealousy and worry behind them. Completely hypothetical though, as the man as class, so Forest would be a no go for him.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RAMPARD87 said:

Chelsea fan here, there are a lot of question marks around what style of manager Lampsy will be, understandably so, but with the appointment of Jody Morris, Chelsea's very highly rated U18 manager who's been working with the Chelsea youth squad in some capacity since 2013, a youth squad that prioritises free flowing attacking football, I think that's a clear sign of what the plan at Derby is, which is to create a young squad, no doubt through promoting Derby youngsters, buying talent in the transfer market, and getting loanees from Chelsea who Jody would've worked with, and implement an exciting attacking style of football at the club.

If Lampard's given time I have no doubt he'll succeed, he's always been the one player I've been certain would make a great coach, he's a smart man, and an absolutely inspiring leader, and Jody is a serious coup that should probably be just as celebrated. 

Young team.......attacking style

continuing the good work of ......er.......that last bloke

2 hours ago, Inglorius said:

It shows how far expectations have sunk to have pages and pages of rapturous posts about a man with no football league management experience becoming our new manager.  

My mate text me to say he overheard some Spaniards talking about Derby County on the train today because of this appointment.

My boss text me to say she has heard on a Punjabi radio station while visiting her mover that Frank Lampard had been appointed manager of Derby and asked if I had heard the news.

There’s an awful lot of fuss about Derby County having ‘low expectations’.

fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...

...{brandy may have been drunk...}

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...fookin' love Derby...fookin love Derby..fookin love derby ...

Haha it’s been quite a day eh!!!

Hopefully you’ll / we’ll be this ‘happy’ in May 19.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Don’t fancy your headache in the morning ?

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

My mate text me to say he overheard some Spaniards talking about Derby County on the train today because of this appointment.

My boss text me to say she has heard on a Punjabi radio station while visiting her mover that Frank Lampard had been appointed manager of Derby and asked if I had heard the news.

Lampard was one of the top trends on Twitter over in India earlier. Truly global news.

I hope FL imposes his style of play on the team and gives them freedom to express themselves as they can, especially with the youth players. Maybe could be a fresh start and good luck to him a young English manager. Also forget the snake GR put him in the past.

28 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Am sure there's a valid point in there somewhere, after reading it back several times I profess I still can't find it 

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Agree.

We didn't need to gamble and I honestly believe Mel has been seduced by a combination of Lampards reputation and charisma.

Still everyone appears happy for the time being............

What managers are available that aren't a gamble in your opinion? 

37 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It is on fox sports news over here in Oz as well. Happy days.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Am sure there's a valid point in there somewhere, after reading it back several times I profess I still can't find it 

I've been noticing your posts for a while and am wondering what the point of you being a DCFC 'supporter' is. I'm sure there is something that makes you a supporter but I profess I still can't find it.

12 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You claim the fans being excited and this big thread as a measure of us lowering expectations, as if we haven’t appointed Frank Lampard as manager. I’d take your point if it was another untried manager that we hadn’t heard of...

Our managerial appointment is headline news in India. What you expecting? People to come on here and find the thread is only two pages long, and people expressing disappointment we didn’t go for Mick McCarthy?

PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Really impressed with his openness. Willing to move his family to the area. You can feel his desire to win. And one phrase I’m happy to hear so often from him “hard work”. It all starts with hard work 

I would be very surprised if he moves his family here. No fancy shops or restaurants here. Just a proper football city and a golden opportunity for a young bright manager. He needs time to get used to football management especially as he wont have wads of cash to spend on new players. 

Not read all of the 45 pages on this.....

But pleased he has joined us, brings so much knowledge , will track a lot of big name players.

But I do think he needs to bring in quality back room staff to help him!

Look forward to next season with so much pleasure!!!

The man oozes class, I don't think anyone has a bad word to say about him. I really hope it goes well for him and us.  I cant wait to see what players he brings to us and what style of football we play under him. Thankfully with the World Cup on soon the wait for pre season won't be as painfully long. Roll on pre season ??

Archived