Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

32 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm bored of the over-excitement here already.

For god sake get a perspective, we’ve had to endure the most repressive manager in living memory along with his style of football.

We are allowed to get excited and in fairness most of it isn’t excitement, it’s absolute relief that god willing we won’t be subjected to that torture again.

So please reign it in and give us some slack.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not the time to read all posts in this thread but does anyone else see this series of events just a little surreal? 

I would never in a million years thought this would happen. 

So eyes on us next season and let's us hope it's for the right reasons. 

?

32 minutes ago, David said:

I actually find it quite refreshing and long may it continue.

It shows how far expectations have sunk to have pages and pages of rapturous posts about a man with no football league management experience becoming our new manager.  

21 minutes ago, David said:

I actually find it quite refreshing and long may it continue.

Think Mel sees it that way, if the interview on Rams tv with O.B and Mel was anything to go by that is. 

Right at the end O.B sensed he had rekindled his enthusiasm... Mel came back with at the end of last season we knew we had to trim our budget, lower average age (words to that effect, if not precise), yet now we can do that and move forward.

Without being harsh on the last bloke, it’s almost like he doubted it, yet now he believes we can. Thought quite telling he made reference to Frank knowing 80% or more of the youngsters on their radar at other clubs.

Also hope Timi Max Elsnik gets his chance, because he must think it’s a dream to be mentored by Lampard!

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

It shows how far expectations have sunk to have pages and pages of rapturous posts about a man with no football league management experience becoming our new manager.  

I'm not one to complain about negativity, but at least wait until he fails before being negative? ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Of course it’s natural to be excited, that’s what all manager appointments should bring, excitement for the new era. 

No way of telling how it will go, Pete Tong or promotion, but good has already come of this forum by bringing the fans back together again and fully behind the manager.

My thoughts on Rowett have not changed, but in many ways his departure is a blessing having divided the fan base. I’ve not seen this level of excitement for a manager in my time on the internet. Nowhere near. Embrace it, might actually turn out to be a decent season ahead. Expect Pride Park to be rocking for the first game of the season regardless of who we play. Can’t wait.

I am in fact cautiously optimistic, and I welcome Frank's appointment. As you say, time will tell. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and all that.

5 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

For god sake get a perspective, we’ve had to endure the most repressive manager in living memory along with his style of football.

We are allowed to get excited and in fairness most of it isn’t excitement, it’s absolute relief that god willing we won’t be subjected to that torture again.

Erm while I agree a little. 

Paul Clement and Billy Davies spring to mind. 

Neither were renowned for fast flowing attacking football.  In fact I think Clement actually discouraged attacking! ?

Both were certainly in my living memory. 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What difference does that make? If you're good you're good. If you fit you fit.

Frank fits! #COYR

Just now, Inglorius said:

Maybe lowering expectations isn’t a bad thing, one of the things that made 13/14 so special was the atmosphere around the club, a real buzz and no expectations, none at all, it was all a bit surreal after Nigel Clough’s tenure. Feels so long ago now but it really wasn’t, about time that feel good factor came back.

1 hour ago, David said:

Not sure if it’s been picked up on yet, but confirms they will be moving to the area. 

Really impressed with his openness. Willing to move his family to the area. You can feel his desire to win. And one phrase I’m happy to hear so often from him “hard work”. It all starts with hard work 

6 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

See what I mean about over-excitement? One little light-hearted, off-the-cuff comment and everyone grabs the pitchforks and burning torches.

For gawd's sake lighten up.

1 minute ago, Grimbeard said:

See what I mean about over-excitement? One little light-hearted, off-the-cuff comment and everyone grabs the pitchforks and burning torches.

For gawd's sake lighten up.

Cheer up then and join in on the Summer of Frankie Love! ?

I like his interviews hard work, work hard without the ball. Probably one of the reasons city were so sucessful. All the good teams work hard to win the ball back. Im looking forward to the start of the season 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Maybe because he’s got no football league management experience he will use that as his determination to succeed. He’s a grafter who won’t put up with that’ll do. 

He’s got a first class reputation in the game, he won’t want to tarnish that. He will leave no stone unturned to be a success, he’s driven, ambitious and serious about being successful as a manager.

Him having no experience could be good for us, he’ll know certain factions of the media would revel in him not getting his career off to a good start and he will work like billy oh to get us up and running, laying down a marker from the off.

Try and enjoy it, it’s going to be so much better than the last 14/15 months. 

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A very good interview with Natalie Jackson, some interesting questions that got good well thought answers from Frank. TBH best interview I've listened to so far.

Top boy owd Frank.

Shame Natalie Jackson gets her neb into PP. Like a school kid reading a list of leading, multiple closed questions. 

Archived