Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Ipswich Town’s owner Marcus Evans interviewed Lampard twice but in the end offered the job to Paul Hurst.  His record has seen him lead Grimsby to promotion from the National League, and subsequently employed by Shrewsbury, who were then bottom of League 1, to 3rd and missing out in the play-offs.

It will be an interesting comparison to see ours and Ipswich’s standing at the end of next season. I will wager now that Ipswich will have made more progress.

You make it sound like Ipswich went a different direction when really they made him a very lowball offer.

I will wager too, that we will be where we usually are, around the play offs and this time playing a far more entertaining brand of football with a squad of emerging young talent. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You make it sound like Ipswich went a different direction when really they made him a very lowball offer.

I will wager too, that we will be where we usually are, around the play offs and this time playing a far more entertaining brand of football with a squad of emerging young talent. 

How can you do that when Franks team hasn’t kicked a ball yet. 

You don’t know the ins and outs etc etc. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

How can you do that when Franks team hasn’t kicked a ball yet. 

You don’t know the ins and outs etc etc. 

That’s why it’s a wager? Do you never guess? You literally made a thread about our playing identity when no ball is kicked. 

21 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

That’s why it’s a wager? Do you never guess? You literally made a thread about our playing identity when no ball is kicked. 

Ok you sound confident.

Have you ever played for team that is playing against  a team that is totally above your teams skill set. 

Well im sure a lot of us have.

Derby say against  Chelsea .

The Derby team will have to dig in against a superior team with a higher skill set thus making the Derby team look awful and totally stuck in their own half of the field which happens in football like when we got 11 points in the Premier League. 

You are wagering that  without seeing the team Frank assembles it will be loads better than Gary’s Derby in all areas possible right. 

8 hours ago, curtains said:

Ok you sound confident.

Have you ever played for team that is playing against  a team that is totally above your teams skill set. 

Well im sure a lot of us have.

Derby say against  Chelsea .

The Derby team will have to dig in against a superior team with a higher skill set thus making the Derby team look awful and totally stuck in their own half of the field which happens in football like when we got 11 points in the Premier League. 

You are wagering that  without seeing the team Frank assembles it will be loads better than Gary’s Derby in all areas possible right. 

A couple of examples off the top of my head. Blackpool and Swansea in their first seasons in the Prem. 

21 hours ago, Pearson said:

Currently on the market and with magnificent records, Martin Jol, Sam Allerdyce or even Carlo Ancelotti. For me that’s where we should be aiming.

But also more than happy to go for a proven manager in the lower leagues.

Ipswich Town’s owner Marcus Evans interviewed Lampard twice but in the end offered the job to Paul Hurst.  His record has seen him lead Grimsby to promotion from the National League, and subsequently employed by Shrewsbury, who were then bottom of League 1, to 3rd and missing out in the play-offs.

It will be an interesting comparison to see ours and Ipswich’s standing at the end of next season. I will wager now that Ipswich will have made more progress.

Ok I will take the bait and assume this is not a joke post.

What experience of Championship football do Jol or Ancelotti have that make them not a gamble? 

What is their experience of having to wheel and deal and lower wage budgeted whilst keeping a team competitive? 

I imagine to get big Sam to drop down to this level you'd have to buy him more than a kebab.

As for Carlo. He thinks the play offs are just NFL. Tell him that we've got Wednesday at home and he thinks he's got a midweek day off.

22 hours ago, Pearson said:

Currently on the market and with magnificent records, Martin Jol, Sam Allerdyce or even Carlo Ancelotti. For me that’s where we should be aiming.

But also more than happy to go for a proven manager in the lower leagues.

I think Ancelotti just agreed to take over at Napoli.

How much will you wager, I'll give you 10/1 odds ?

Why do you assume Marcus Evans turned Frank down and not the other way round?

On 06/06/2018 at 19:14, G STAR RAM said:

Ok I will take the bait and assume this is not a joke post.

What experience of Championship football do Jol or Ancelotti have that make them not a gamble? 

What is their experience of having to wheel and deal and lower wage budgeted whilst keeping a team competitive? 

Good proven managers will be a success at any level, and subsequently, will not be a gamble.

On 06/06/2018 at 20:15, Stevo the Ram said:

I think Ancelotti just agreed to take over at Napoli.

How much will you wager, I'll give you 10/1 odds ?

Why do you assume Marcus Evans turned Frank down and not the other way round?

Don’t worry Lampard is/was desperate to get into management at our level and would have jumped at the opportunity.  Why do you think he applied?

On 05/06/2018 at 23:05, ThePrisoner said:

So you have already accepted that we are not going to progress under Lampard?

On 05/06/2018 at 22:55, David said:

Do you not think that a man who has managed Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real, Bayern and has 3 Champions League titles to his name might be punching above our weight a little?

Come on now, Carlo Ancelotti, seriously???

So we are now conditioned to accept mediocrity? Are you frightened of aiming high?

I always believed we were a big club biding our time until we get back into the Premiership. And once we got there, should we be any inferior to Newcastle, Leicester or Crystal Palace, all of whom have managed to sell their respective clubs to some big name managers.

Why can’t Morris do the same and show some ambition and aspiration.

You never know until you try, and a club with a potential to play in one of the best leagues in the world I would have thought would have been easy to sell. If it came to it a kick back or two wouldn’t have bothered me.

9 minutes ago, Pearson said:

So you have already accepted that we are not going to progress under Lampard?

Being around the play offs, playing a better brand of football and also lowering the age of the squad by bringing some youth through from the academy thereby increasing the value of our young players IS progressing is it not?

Archived