Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Top boy owd Frank.

Shame Natalie Jackson gets her neb into PP. Like a school kid reading a list of leading, multiple closed questions. 

Probably got his autograph at the end of the interview......can you sign this please Frank. ?

This is one of the few occasions when the appointment of a manager has an impact outside the immediate football responsibilities. This will raise the profile of the club nationally and internationally, season tickets will be sold on the basis of today, attendances will rise, commercial opportunities will increase and if things begin to go well as I think they will then these areas will continue to grow. Difficult to understand any negativity at this stage.

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

The only negative from the press conference for me was Mel's response to the question about Stoke and Rowett targeting out players. Rather than a, "we'll deal with that challenge when it arises," answer like he gave, I personally wanted a strong warning that we aren't looking to sell our top players and it would take silly figures for there to even be a discussion

Well, it's down to the new manager now to decide whether they are "top" players and whether we need them or take the money.

36 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It shows how far expectations have sunk to have pages and pages of rapturous posts about a man with no football league management experience becoming our new manager.  

Smile and the world smiles with you

Cracking day today, after the compete outrage of the Rowett departure I think the club has done an excellent job in finding a replacement with the calibre of frank. No matter what happens (even if we don't make the playoffs next year) I think it's vitally important that we stick by Frank for two seasons at least. The squad if far too old and next summer will enable Frank to really mould a team.

Today was a good day! 

Up the Rams x

13 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Cracking day today, after the compete outrage of the Rowett departure I think the club has done an excellent job in finding a replacement with the calibre of frank. No matter what happens (even if we don't make the playoffs next year) I think it's vitally important that we stick by Frank for two seasons at least. The squad if far too old and next summer will enable Frank to really mould a team.

Today was a good day! 

Up the Rams x

That’s how I see it. This coming season is a free hit. Let’s just see how it pans out and let our new manager learn the ropes. 

Perhaps some people are going off on one a bit with this appointment but why the hell not?  Isn’t that what being a fan is all about?

(Personally I go to the match to be entertained, have a laugh and let off a bit of steam.)

let’s make it fun again...

7 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

That’s how I see it. This coming season is a free hit. Let’s just see how it pans out and let our new manager learn the ropes. 

Perhaps some people are going off on one a bit with this appointment but why the hell not?  Isn’t that what being a fan is all about? (

Personally I go to the match to be entertained, have a laugh and let off a bit of steam.)

let’s make it fun again...

To be fair, after some of the football last season, a story about getting new wheels on the tea trolleys would probably have given a bump in excitement.

Chelsea fan here, there are a lot of question marks around what style of manager Lampsy will be, understandably so, but with the appointment of Jody Morris, Chelsea's very highly rated U18 manager who's been working with the Chelsea youth squad in some capacity since 2013, a youth squad that prioritises free flowing attacking football, I think that's a clear sign of what the plan at Derby is, which is to create a young squad, no doubt through promoting Derby youngsters, buying talent in the transfer market, and getting loanees from Chelsea who Jody would've worked with, and implement an exciting attacking style of football at the club.

If Lampard's given time I have no doubt he'll succeed, he's always been the one player I've been certain would make a great coach, he's a smart man, and an absolutely inspiring leader, and Jody is a serious coup that should probably be just as celebrated. 

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

It shows how far expectations have sunk to have pages and pages of rapturous posts about a man with no football league management experience becoming our new manager.  

Agree.

We didn't need to gamble and I honestly believe Mel has been seduced by a combination of Lampards reputation and charisma.

Still everyone appears happy for the time being............

7 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Agree.

We didn't need to gamble and I honestly believe Mel has been seduced by a combination of Lampards reputation and charisma.

Still everyone appears happy for the time being............

im happy ...im sure 30,000 at every home game next season will be happy...perhaps best you 2 dont go and ruin your saturdays next season lol

15 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Ive read one or two (disappointing) comments about there being too much optimism around a novice manager but at the risk of being accused of some sickly man love, I’m buzzing for Frank to get started.

what a wonderful novelty to have such an exciting young manager who is a giant of the game and a really nice bloke with it.

“You messing up my pitch” lol lucky kids

Archived