Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

You negative nancies could always make a thread where you could discuss your negativity towards this appointment you know! 

The rest will enjoy the positivity until we’ve made some signings and seen some football to decide for ourselves whether to descend to your depths 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

If it was Zinedine Zidane then could understand the frenzy. Not Frank Lampard whose never managed a football league club in his existence.

There's an interesting article on the BBC Football website which tries to expand on which party carries the largest risk in this deal Frank Lampard or Derby County.  In the end it doesnt really answer it's own question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304427

I don’t really know how many more times I can say I understand that he’s inexperienced and you have your reservations, but people are excited because Lampard is famous.

Stop telling me he’s not managed before. I know! We all know. So does the national press. Are you going to criticise them for being in a frenzy and reporting it? People are interested in Frank Lampard and he is more famous than Derby County.

We’ve got global attention. That’s the frenzy. Nothing to do with Lampard as a manager. I know he’s never managed before. I know it’s a risk. We all know. I just don’t understand why you’re surprised by the circus. By all means be sceptical of the appointment, but you can’t be surprised by the fuss. Surely?! Did you really expect the world to ignore it and people not to get excited?

Please don’t reply telling me he’s inexperienced, that it’s a gamble, that we don’t know how good he’ll be, that it will all go belly up. I know. I haven’t even said if I approve of the appointment yet...

19 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I don’t really know how many more times I can say I understand that he’s inexperienced and you have your reservations, but people are excited because Lampard is famous.

Stop telling me he’s not managed before. I know! We all know. So does the national press. Are you going to criticise them for being in a frenzy and reporting it? People are interested in Frank Lampard and he is more famous than Derby County.

We’ve got global attention. That’s the frenzy. Nothing to do with Lampard as a manager. I know he’s never managed before. I know it’s a risk. We all know. I just don’t understand why you’re surprised by the circus. By all means be sceptical of the appointment, but you can’t be surprised by the fuss. Surely?! Did you really expect the world to ignore it and people not to get excited?

Please don’t reply telling me he’s inexperienced, that it’s a gamble, that we don’t know how good he’ll be, that it will all go belly up. I know. I haven’t even said if I approve of the appointment yet...

Spot on Duracell, I can't remember being so enthralled by a manager coming to Derby in my life. I a way I don't care if we don't pull any trees this year. In OBE 's first season we finished 18th at this level. The rest as they say was history. This is putting our great club back on the map. Well done Mel.

From my perspective if any genuine DCFC fan can’t embrace the situation for what it is and wish all well, then go and support the Red dogs.

We might all be delusional but I believe we are entitled to be after the absolute dross a supposed experienced football manager served up last season.

My wish is for all genuine fans to be open minded and enjoy the ride.

19 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If we had signed a manager who had just won his third Champions League trophy in the last three years, I admit, I'd be much more excited than I am now. 

The reason people are excited, and this is the god's honest truth, is because we have a manager now who is much bigger than our club. In fact, we have a manager now who is bigger than any Championship club and bigger than most Premier League clubs. 

I think the alternative would have been Mick McCarthy, possibly, maybe Mark Warburton. Unfortunately, we didn't have an obvious choice like we had when we picked up Pearson, but look how that turned out. 

Yes true but not the way Frank sees it; I love the fact that in his press conference he mentioned the tradition, the history {“it’s coming off the walls”} and most of all that the night before he was unveiled he went out onto the pitch, floodlights on, and, as he himself said “even with the stadium empty, I could feel it”. FL is a man who is driven by the spirit of football and he can feel the spirit of football beating even when Pride Park is empty. 

We just got ourselves a genuine football man. 

I'm more optimistic than usual about Frank but there was one thing he said that rankled a bit and triggered my "bull****" antenna.

That was about the history coming off the walls. Pride Park has no real history at all and mostly its bad!

Apart from that he was articulate and fairly cliché free. So onward to glory!!

18 hours ago, Duracell said:

But he’s never managed before

7 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I'm more optimistic than usual about Frank but there was one thing he said that rankled a bit and triggered my "bull****" antenna.

That was about the history coming off the walls. Pride Park has no real history at all and mostly its bad!

It's DCFC that has the history. I'm sure FL wasn't talking about Pride Park when he said that. After all most of our achievements came at the Baseball Ground and most of the photos on the walls (history coming off the walls) show people/events from when we were there.

Maybe your "bull****" antenna is very sensitive because of our last manager?

PistoldPete2

Lampard is a tv natural, telegenic, charismatic and intelligent. Everything that Lineker is not. I am really glad that he has chosen to go into management at Derby when he could have probably made a new career for himself on the telly. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Lampard is a tv natural, telegenic, charismatic and intelligent. Everything that Lineker is not. I am really glad that he has chosen to go into management at Derby when he could have probably made a new career for himself on the telly. 

Totally agree.

30 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Errr I think he meant the Clubs history - which is on the walls of PP in pictures and stuff.

55 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

...I love the fact that in his press conference...most of all that the night before he was unveiled he went out onto the pitch, floodlights on, and, as he himself said “even with the stadium empty, I could feel it”. FL is a man who is driven by the spirit of football and he can feel the spirit of football beating even when Pride Park is empty. 

That was the bit that got me too. And when you saw the Twitter vid of Frankie walking out into the stadium you could feel it too! ??

I liked the bit where he said, in more than one interview, his dad spoke about Derby in his own playing era. Naming the players etc. Obviously held them in high esteem.

His dad was a class act, in a very classy team.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

When you walk around Pride Park in the areas he would have been there are hundreds of pictures from our past, from Steve Bloomer to Will Hughes, there's pictures of Clough, Taylor, Mackay, Cox Smith, McFarland, Todd, George, Hector, Wanchope, McMinn, Davidson, Sturridge, Bryson, Shilton, Wright, Saunders, Van Der Laan, the FA Cup winning team, both League winning teams, and so many more.

Pride Park may not have the history of the BBG but it has history, for some fans all they have known is Pride Park, my 2 lads enjoyed their first games at Pride Park, for them, that's a special piece of history, for them and me. I was lucky enough to see games at both grounds, and whilst the BBG was special,so is Pride Park. It is sad that our ground is not embraced by some because it isn't the BBG and in part ridiculed. 

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

When you walk around Pride Park in the areas he would have been there are hundreds of pictures from our past, from Steve Bloomer to Will Hughes, there's pictures of Clough, Taylor, Mackay, Cox Smith, McFarland, Todd, George, Hector, Wanchope, McMinn, Davidson, Sturridge, Bryson, Shilton, Wright, Saunders, Van Der Laan, the FA Cup winning team, both League winning teams, and so many more.

Pride Park may not have the history of the BBG but it has history, for some fans all they have known is Pride Park, my 2 lads enjoyed their first games at Pride Park, for them, that's a special piece of history, for them and me. I was lucky enough to see games at both grounds, and whilst the BBG was special,so is Pride Park. It is sad that our ground is not embraced by some because it isn't the BBG and in part ridiculed. 

Indeed, I've been lucky enough to see some of that history at the BBG, but wouldn't ever look down on those that weren't able to experience that first hand.

Each persons experience of our club is their own and valuable in its own right! 

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

When is the club having one of them forum things? I want to ask Frank how he felt after having that goal against Germany disallowed. I still haven't got over it that's for sure.

Just to add to that, "was the highlight of his career scoring four goals against the Mighty Rams."

On 01/06/2018 at 07:02, toddy said:

Not read all of the 45 pages on this.....

But pleased he has joined us, brings so much knowledge , will track a lot of big name players.

But I do think he needs to bring in quality back room staff to help him!

Look forward to next season with so much pleasure!!!

You feeling ok?

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

Im in my mid-20s and therefore pride park is all i know. The fact is, in my lifetime, the club has been for the majority of this time a second tier club and don't have those undoubtably fantastic memories.

I have the coffee cup goal, smashing forest with a bryson hattrick, beating forest on a number of other occasions, idiakez missing a penalty to take us to play-off final, commons bashing in a great goal to take us to old trafford league cup semi (just after united won the club world cup) and beating brighton /fulham at home in the playoff semis. I'm sure Lampard's first home game (live on sky i imagine) will be another great moment at pride park. 

It winds me up when people say bbg was much better and pps is flat-pack and soulless etc because it makes me feel like i chose to support some tinpot club!

Archived