Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Companies that call you to sell you stuff, even though you clearly pointed it out for them not too.  Sky, signed up a while ago when offered a ridiculously good deal, made it very clear I wanted no calls, no post or emails unless it was directly to do with payments or faults.  Bloke called, so I asked is there a problem, he said no, I said is this a sales call, he said no.  I asked why the call?  He said he could up grade me to sky sports for £10 a month.  I said so it is a sales call, he said no it was an upgrade call....couple of mangers later, two months free Sky.  Now that is an upgrade!

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bin men who choose to block my drive with the empty bin

I know they are doing a job but I am sure bin men must play a game on how far away they can leave your bin, or how much they can damage it and how inconvenient they can leave it. Like wise when they are blocking the road with the lorry, i know they have to fetch the bins but im sure they do it on purpose and block traffic to cause congestion, how many time if they moved forward a couple of feet would it make it easier. Not long ago i was going to loscoe denby lane and there was one car parked, where did they stop for what seemed like ages? Right opposite the car causing congestion.

On 07/09/2019 at 11:19, McRamFan said:

Companies that call you to sell you stuff, even though you clearly pointed it out for them not too.  Sky, signed up a while ago when offered a ridiculously good deal, made it very clear I wanted no calls, no post or emails unless it was directly to do with payments or faults.  Bloke called, so I asked is there a problem, he said no, I said is this a sales call, he said no.  I asked why the call?  He said he could up grade me to sky sports for £10 a month.  I said so it is a sales call, he said no it was an upgrade call....couple of mangers later, two months free Sky.  Now that is an upgrade!

Virgin Media are a bugger for that, too.

There are only 2 people who ever phone our landline: My mum and "Dave from Delhi" (for that is what he called himself) trying to get me to upgrade - when I've told them numerous times (like you) that I don't want sales calls.

Next time, I'll try what you did.

On 06/09/2019 at 23:22, Ghost of Clough said:

Bin men who choose to block my drive with the empty bin

On 07/09/2019 at 11:48, Paul71 said:

I know they are doing a job but I am sure bin men must play a game on how far away they can leave your bin, or how much they can damage it and how inconvenient they can leave it. Like wise when they are blocking the road with the lorry, i know they have to fetch the bins but im sure they do it on purpose and block traffic to cause congestion, how many time if they moved forward a couple of feet would it make it easier. Not long ago i was going to loscoe denby lane and there was one car parked, where did they stop for what seemed like ages? Right opposite the car causing congestion.

To be honest, if I had to empty bins for a living, I'd be a right ****** about it as well.

Same with bus drivers who drive like bamfords.

On 07/09/2019 at 11:19, McRamFan said:

That’s because, as of May last year, they are breaking the law by calling you when they do not get your prior agreement that it is ok. Not an absence of refusal (ie not ticking the ‘I would not like’ box) but actually ticking the ‘I would like’ box. 

The fines are potentially massive - based on turnover. Hence their buying you off with a freebie.

On 09/09/2019 at 09:36, AndyinLiverpool said:

That’s because, as of May last year, they are breaking the law by calling you when they do not get your prior agreement that it is ok. Not an absence of refusal (ie not ticking the ‘I would not like’ box) but actually ticking the ‘I would like’ box. 

The fines are potentially massive - based on turnover. Hence their buying you off with a freebie.

GDPR was a key lever I used, they knew little about it, quite easy to beat them up.

The buses locally have changed to Notts/Derby branded. One driver comes up the road between double parked cars and will not wait, won’t back up or otherwise help the flow of traffic. One time he could have backed up just a few yards to let us through but no. So 3 cars had to back up chicane style to allow him through. I was seething. He wound his window down and said ‘do you know how long a bus is??’ To which I replied ‘yes, it’s about time you learned how to drive it’. 

I’m going to report him. 

Just now, Van Gritters said:

I’m not a fan of it myself but how do you go on when the roads are narrow and cars can’t get past?

Don't park there? 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

People parking on pavements. It seems to be getting worse.

Looks like they are doing something about it at long last.

They have to park somewhere whilst they move the bins......    

@Ewe Ram

Edited by Spanish

Trip advisor reviews. Always read the bad ones before judging a place. Last year I went on holiday to a place which cost £18 a night b&b, it was old looking villa in the Algarve, yet you could use main hotel facilities next door. Granted, the place hadn't been updated for 25-30 years. It was clean though and everything worked. It was a ten min walk to a beautiful beach as well. People complaining about the state of the accommodation being terrible, no English TV channels, poor cooking facilities. It costs less than £20 a night, what were they expecting? Top class rooms? You couldn't pitch a tent in a field for that price. Barmy!

7 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Trip advisor reviews. Always read the bad ones before judging a place. Last year I went on holiday to a place which cost £18 a night b&b, it was old looking villa in the Algarve, yet you could use main hotel facilities next door. Granted, the place hadn't been updated for 25-30 years. It was clean though and everything worked. It was a ten min walk to a beautiful beach as well. People complaining about the state of the accommodation being terrible, no English TV channels, poor cooking facilities. It costs less than £20 a night, what were they expecting? Top class rooms? You couldn't pitch a tent in a field for that price. Barmy!

Yeah bad reviews are good to get a feel.

One star because the amenities too far to walk, no proper bacon or English channels,  staff don't understand English not matter how loud i say it.

20 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Left our main campsite yesterday... E198 for 13 nights.  Now en-route home.  E15 last night.  One final night tonight should be similar.  Maybe E18 at most.

I’m just being an ar5e though... totally agree with the rest of your post  ?