Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

People who can't grasp the concept of climate control in cars.

Mrs Wolfie drives me mad whacking her temperature control up to 24; getting hot; turning it down to 18; getting cold; turning it up again....

Just effing leave it at 21 and let it do its' thing like a normal person......!!

My Mrs does this too! drives be barmy! 

shes also incapable of listening to a song all the way through without skipping it! Just bloody pick one and listen!

On 12/09/2017 at 12:57, JoetheRam said:

1. "I'm not being funny, but..."

2. "To be honest..."

3. People coughing. 

1. I know you're not being funny - you've never made me laugh in the 3 years we've known one another.

2. Surely this goes without saying. Do I presume every sentence you don't preface with this is a lie?

3. Just don't come in if you're going to be making that awful noise and spreading your illness.

I have to add:

4. "To be fair..."

It's pretty much never even being fair as it's almost always followed by a "but", with the speaker going on to be critical based on their own subjective opinion. Even if you are being fair it makes you sound nearly as stupid as those idiots who "reach out" (see earlier post).

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I have to add:

4. "To be fair..."

It's pretty much never even being fair as it's almost always followed by a "but", with the speaker going on to be critical based on their own subjective opinion. Even if you are being fair it makes you sound nearly as stupid as those idiots who "reach out" (see earlier post).

And I'd like to add.

5  'It is what it is'  

What else could it possibly be?

6. 'We are where we are'.

Again, where else would we be?

When someone asks you what to get your kids for their birthday/xmas, so you tell them whatbtheir likes and interests are and some ideal gifts but then they buy something completely different and nothing that relates to what they like. What is the point asking in the first place?

1 minute ago, rynny said:

When someone asks you what to get your kids for their birthday/xmas, so you tell them whatbtheir likes and interests are and some ideal gifts but then they buy something completely different and nothing that relates to what they like. What is the point asking in the first place?

When people aren't grateful when you buy their kids a present. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

When people aren't grateful when you buy their kids a present. :ph34r:

It's the asking then getting something else, if they just go out and buy then that's fine, it's the asking then getting something completely different. Why ask someone then ignore what they say? It's like asking what someone wants to drink, they ask for a tea and you bring them a lager. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Mine like cash,not keen on notes above 20's,but they'll take anything and they are quite happy to do that all year round not just on birthdays:mellow:

My wife's just been and had a hair do, it was very long and she fancied a radical change, I've just got to go and pick her up now and if I don't say I love it, she'll have the hump all day.

I know she'll say " What do you think"? But if I don't say what she wants to hear,  there will be no pleasing me. 

So, people who ask your opinion but expect your answer to be what they want to hear is something that annoys me.

56 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

My wife's just been and had a hair do, it was very long and she fancied a radical change, I've just got to go and pick her up now and if I don't say I love it, she'll have the hump all day.

I know she'll say " What do you think"? But if I don't say what she wants to hear,  there will be no pleasing me. 

So, people who ask your opinion but expect your answer to be what they want to hear is something that annoys me.

Same with when someone asks if you think they've lost weight.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

ignore her, and pretend to be looking for someone else. "Sorry young lady, I'm waiting for my wife"

7 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Same with when someone asks if you think they've lost weight.

Of course the correct answer is yes, then when they turn around say "Sorry no, I've found it on your arse"!

Always gets a laugh in my house.

Possibly why I have testicles like Buster Gonad mind.

Edited by reveldevil
Truth