Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

19 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wife: " Does my bum look big in this?" 

Husband: "Nope, it looks massive" 

Cue divorce proceedings.

Its much better if they word it different, and say does it 'make' my bum look big, at least you can answer honestly and say no it doesn't 'make' your bum look big.

5 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

... It's all the cake and biscuits you eat that does that. 

Shhhssssh don't let them hear you say that.

13 hours ago, Moist One said:

the amount of times I hear certain phrases in tv programmes. Currently watching Power, and have heard the phrase "no more secrets from now on". So annoying, the characters would probably never say that phrase.

Agree. Also phrases that are in current usage, recently coined, but used anachronistically. An recent example was 'give me the heads-up' in George Gently, set in the 60's/70's.

25 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Agree. Also phrases that are in current usage, recently coined, but used anachronistically. An recent example was 'give me the heads-up' in George Gently, set in the 60's/70's.

went to watch Dunkirk recently, obviously set a hundred years ago, pretty sure Harry Styles called someone Geezer or mate!

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

went to watch Dunkirk recently, obviously set a hundred years ago, pretty sure Harry Styles called someone Geezer or mate!

An amusing little parlour game is to count how many times the phrase 'What's going on?' or more elaborately 'Will someone tell me what's going on?' is used.

On 16/09/2017 at 11:39, EastHertsRam said:

My wife's just been and had a hair do, it was very long and she fancied a radical change, I've just got to go and pick her up now and if I don't say I love it, she'll have the hump all day.

I know she'll say " What do you think"? But if I don't say what she wants to hear,  there will be no pleasing me. 

So, people who ask your opinion but expect your answer to be what they want to hear is something that annoys me.

If you don't say it convincingly enough you get accused of being a lying b******.

You can't win.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm like that with your Currys, Dreams & DFS's when they've got something in their sale for say £699.00 they say "only six nine nine" because they think it sounds less than six hundred and ninety nine pounds. :angry:

You should really be allowed to hand them £24 if they do that....and walk out the door with the merchandise.

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Booking fees when you get tickets online 

'£25? Bargain!' Cost £33 including booking fee... what is the fee for?! 

It always seems alot but loads of company charge fees, guess they have to make a profit somehow.