Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, rynny said:

So it is a big issue for you?

When it's used in that way it's fine...

It's when it's used as the beginning of a reply to a question which it is completely irrelevant to, it drives me mad

Example

Q....How's your hyperdrive coming on?

R......so,it's doing very well

What the **** is the point of using so?

It seemed to have started with academics using it but it's spread down to any dimwit middle manager who seem unable to start any sentence without using it...t****

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

44 minutes ago, Moist One said:

crap CCTV stills/footage.

What's the point? In this day and age, you should have decent enough stills to be able to see if someone has a face or not! 

I love when the Derby Telegraph have a headline "CRYSTAL CLEAR CCTV SHOWS MAN ROBBING POST OFFICE" then you look at the article and you can't tell the difference between his blurry face and a potato.

1. "I'm not being funny, but..."

2. "To be honest..."

3. People coughing. 

1. I know you're not being funny - you've never made me laugh in the 3 years we've known one another.

2. Surely this goes without saying. Do I presume every sentence you don't preface with this is a lie?

3. Just don't come in if you're going to be making that awful noise and spreading your illness.

Edited by JoetheRam

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

People who queue in bus shelters leaving a 7 yard gap between themselves and the person in front, resulting in 15 people at the back of the queue standing in the rain.

Thoughtless buggers.

They might have a cough and are actually being thoughtful.........

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

People who queue in bus shelters leaving a 7 yard gap between themselves and the person in front, resulting in 15 people at the back of the queue standing in the rain.

Thoughtless buggers.

If its raining and there is space under the bus shelter, I'm standing in it queue or no queue.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

People who can't grasp the concept of climate control in cars.

Mrs Wolfie drives me mad whacking her temperature control up to 24; getting hot; turning it down to 18; getting cold; turning it up again....

Just effing leave it at 21 and let it do its' thing like a normal person......!!

Exactly the same here! Must be a female thing.

18 minutes ago, eddie said:

Being at work and having nothing to do. Far, far worse than having too much to do.

Agree.

When my brain is in high gear (as I call it), I'm a lot more efficient, concentrate better & decision making improves. Weirdly, I have a mild stammer but it pretty much disappears when I'm busy & stressed, when you might expect it to be the other way.

I hate it when I have too much time to do stuff (or nothing) because I over-analyse everything & my brain goes to mush.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

People who can't grasp the concept of climate control in cars.

Mrs Wolfie drives me mad whacking her temperature control up to 24; getting hot; turning it down to 18; getting cold; turning it up again....

Just effing leave it at 21 and let it do its' thing like a normal person......!!

Aaaaaaaagh,that does my head in.....however most of my work colleagues haven't got a bloody clue either.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Agree.

When my brain is in high gear (as I call it), I'm a lot more efficient, concentrate better & decision making improves. Weirdly, I have a mild stammer but it pretty much disappears when I'm busy & stressed, when you might expect it to be the other way.

I hate it when I have too much time to do stuff (or nothing) because I over-analyse everything & my brain goes to mush.

I'm just the same.....I need to have my brain stimulated and my adrenaline slightly peaked before it works properly,otherwise I'll make mistakes.

One of the reasons regular exercise is good for you(in particular me)I suppose........cuts down anxiety too.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, ramant62 said:

1. Car drivers who can't be bothered to indicate, especially at roundabouts .

2. People who use the word off when they mean of.

3. People who shorten the words et cetera to ect. ITS ETC !!!!! :angry:

Its lazy drivers, the same ones who sit in the middle lane, or move to overtake someone on a dual carriageway or motorway, they are going a little bit faster than the car they are over taking, but also a little bit faster than the one that is 300 yards down the road, so they stay in the overtaking lane holding up faster traffic behind them rather than move in and back out again when they have caught them up.

And on car drivers, those that sit at traffic lights, the green light is often only on for 7 or 8 seconds so why take 5 or 6 seconds to decide you are moving off...

And on the point of indicating, those that do on dual carriageways and motorways should realise indicating does not give you an automatic right to pull out into a different lane, you still have to make sure its clear...indicating and pulling out as im about to pass you is not correct procedure.

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its lazy drivers, the same ones who sit in the middle lane, or move to overtake someone on a dual carriageway or motorway, they are going a little bit faster than the car they are over taking, but also a little bit faster than the one that is 300 yards down the road, so they stay in the overtaking lane holding up faster traffic behind them rather than move in and back out again when they have caught them up.

And on car drivers, those that sit at traffic lights, the green light is often only on for 7 or 8 seconds so why take 5 or 6 seconds to decide you are moving off...

And on the point of indicating, those that do on dual carriageways and motorways should realise indicating does not give you an automatic right to pull out into a different lane, you still have to make sure its clear...indicating and pulling out as im about to pass you is not correct procedure.

This and always this. Really fecks me off. What do they think indicate means? Most of the time it seems to be used to show what they are doing, don't need a little flashy light to see you cut infront of me, I need that light to show me your intentions!