Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

54 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

Needs its own thread and probably been in this one half a dozen times but; Real Estate Agents. They obviously live on planet c***. Tell me where planet c*** is and I will put a bomb underneath and saved humankind.

After 30 years of their b******* I think it's time for a rampage.

I’m not sure what you mean but planet c*** is an expression which is worth a like,I’m going to use that today?

1 hour ago, scarboroughwa said:

Needs its own thread and probably been in this one half a dozen times but; Real Estate Agents. They obviously live on planet c***. Tell me where planet c*** is and I will put a bomb underneath and saved humankind.

After 30 years of their b******* I think it's time for a rampage.

Tell me about it, we use an agent for letting out a property and they are properly rubbish

Websites like owners direct or holiday lettings.

You go on, find a property you like, get told the dates are available and the price, go ahead and book it and think that was easy But no it isnt, seems that the owner can just choose to do what they want and put the price up or insist you have to rent it out for more days than you have put in, or even tell you its not available despite it still saying its available on the website.

Surely today these websites should be accurate and allow you some confidence that what you are trying to book is available for the price and dates it says its available.

Happened to me more than once including this weekend, made a booking friday and because the owner hasnt responded in 24 hours its been cancelled, this is no way to operate.

When your other half decides to do a 'spring clean' (in october) of the kitchen. It all looks great you think but then over the coming weeks you find that the cleaning excercise has largly been transferring items out of the cupboards into the rubbish bin as you go into them expecting to find items you know are in there but now have suddently vanished.

Trying to explain to her that things like spices dont suddenly become poison 35 minutes after they reach their best before date,

Or that utensil that has vanished that she tells you you never used anyway, for me to tell her how do you work that out, while it might not be everyday or every week its certainly every other week...

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When your other half decides to do a 'spring clean' (in october) of the kitchen. It all looks great you think but then over the coming weeks you find that the cleaning excercise has largly been transferring items out of the cupboards into the rubbish bin as you go into them expecting to find items you know are in there but now have suddently vanished.

Trying to explain to her that things like spices dont suddenly become poison 35 minutes after they reach their best before date,

Or that utensil that has vanished that she tells you you never used anyway, for me to tell her how do you work that out, while it might not be everyday or every week its certainly every other week...

Me "ooh, you've done a lovely job of tidying up, where's my stuff?"

Her "in the shed"

Me "Errr... my electrical stuff is in the damp shed"

On 10/22/2017 at 10:23, Paul71 said:

My Mrs doesn't go that far, she simply moves s**t from one cupboard to another.  And why can't stand it any longer and turf out a load of crap that she won't, I get it in the neck...

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

My Mrs doesn't go that far, she simply moves s**t from one cupboard to another.  And why can't stand it any longer and turf out a load of crap that she won't, I get it in the neck...

Mine does similiar sometimes, except its moving stuff to the back door so ive got to throw it out, she will be pleased as punch cause her wardrobe has loads of space, then look at the backdoor and there hard loads of boxes, it looks like someone has had a really bad game of giant jenga.

Walkers on shared bridleways with cyclists.

Ok not all of them, but been down on cromford canal today and a large portion of them look at you like you have just done a dump on their brand new cream carpet. Its a shared bridleway so expect people on bikes, its always older people that look at you like your some sort of criminal, im not going fast, im being patient, im not expecting you to jump out the way immediately but dont moan and grumble as im going past, im just as entitled to be here as you.

Especially the couple today who we approached slowly, rang our bells with no response from them, so slowly got nearer and rang the bell again only for the woman to turn round and act like i was the clown from IT waving a massive dagger in her face. Queue the old fella start ranting about giving them more notice with the bell, so i say what do you mean ive been ringing it, their response was 'well we are walking and talking we cant be expected the hear you'...so how can i give you more notice if you arent going to hear me until im within a couple of meters of you?

Then a rant about having to give walkers the right of way, so im saying 'i am doing, im waiting until you know we are there and can move over, what do you want me to do, get off and walk behind you all the way into cromford?'