Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens

Morrison's home delivery. So sometimes you get substitutions etc, but to have included on your order some bottles of mineral water to be advised they are missing items when they arrive, I mean i can understand if I've ordered something obscure and its missing but mineral water? How can there possibly not be a substitute option for a certain brand of mineral water?

Everyone is aware of the:-

there their they’re and you you’re debate 

but I get really annoyed by the spurious use of apostrophes, especially in the workplace. Why people use it for plurality. 

I got this response to a invite the other day:- “can’t on Thursday’s - play football” from a colleague newly promoted to my team at work. I had to pull him up on it as I don’t want stuff like that going out in communications to the wider business, thing is, about 5 others joined in when he argued he was right and they collectively decided I was bloody wrong! ?

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

but I get really annoyed by the spurious use of apostrophes, especially in the workplace. Why people use it for plurality. 

I got this response to a invite the other day:- “can’t on Thursday’s - play football” from a colleague newly promoted to my team at work. I had to pull him up on it as I don’t want stuff like that going out in communications to the wider business, thing is, about 5 others joined in when he argued he was right and they collectively decided I was bloody wrong! ?

Thursday's what?

Tell them to read 'Eats shoots and leaves'.

4 hours ago, Moist One said:

Tell him you'll look at getting him demoted out of your team and hint to the other five that they could go the same way as the apostrophe is not required in his reply to you.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

chewing gum on the pavement, selfish gits

Hate it, or under a seat, table or bar.

Anyone found doing it should be made to do 200 hours cleaning it up.

I parked at Newark Northgate station this week, for a business trip to London. When I returned, one of the parking pay machines was out of order and so there was quite a large queue at the only other one. I noticed a woman walk past & said that she wasn't prepared to wait that long to pay.

10 minutes later and I'm now in a queue at the barrier because someone at the front (in a 16 plate Porsche) was pressing the button to speak to someone because the barrier wouldn't rise. No prizes for guessing who.

What did she expect was going to happen?. Presumably she thought they'd let her off the charge (£13). I suppose Porsches don't pay for themselves......

After a few minutes I noticed that there was another exit and so went to that one - followed by the 6 or 7 other cars who were waiting. I really hope they didn't let her get away with it.

(music) compilations that don't use the original recording.

It annoys the hell out of me when certain compilations dub out certain words or shorten songs. If you don't want the song 'as is', then don't put it in your compilation. Main offenders of this are those wanky Indie-anthems compilations that cut off the excellent musical outro on I am the Resurrection by The Stone Roses, and those Ministry of Sound compilations, there is a Hip Hop one where they've silenced all the N-words and Swear Words! Pointless! Grrrrr

On 16/10/2017 at 07:29, Moist One said:

(music) compilations that don't use the original recording.

It annoys the hell out of me when certain compilations dub out certain words or shorten songs. If you don't want the song 'as is', then don't put it in your compilation. Main offenders of this are those wanky Indie-anthems compilations that cut off the excellent musical outro on I am the Resurrection by The Stone Roses, and those Ministry of Sound compilations, there is a Hip Hop one where they've silenced all the N-words and Swear Words! Pointless! Grrrrr

Jukeboxes that do the same. I want my 9 minutes worth when I put my 50 pence in.

People who use the word 'Pants' as a describing word... Like a grown man actually saying, 'Oh (insert player name) is pants'.

Why? The word is a Noun? By the same logic i could say '(Insert player name) is Kettle' or '(insert player name) is T-shirt'. 

I understand some people say it in front of their children as a way to avoid bad language but it really really winds me up.