Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

38 minutes ago, Moist One said:

yeah, probably.. not sure it makes that much difference to the points I am making though :lol:

Geezer:

Late 19th century: representing a dialect pronunciation of earlier guiser ‘mummer’.

Mate:

Late Middle English: from Middle Low German māt(e) ‘comrade’, of West Germanic origin; related to meat (the underlying concept being that of eating together).

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Geezer:

Late 19th century: representing a dialect pronunciation of earlier guiser ‘mummer’.

Mate:

Late Middle English: from Middle Low German māt(e) ‘comrade’, of West Germanic origin; related to meat (the underlying concept being that of eating together).

don't spoil my random annoys! :lol: 

1 minute ago, scarboroughwa said:

f****** who get in to little girly tiffs on forums and then have to break up the pieces of the quote and respond to it,

Not sure I have seen many that do that.

2 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

line by line,

Is it line by line?

2 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

bit by bit.

Sometimes it is easier to show what part you are referring to.

:whistle:

so glad this thread is still running.

Here's one for you. Random words that are used for no real reason.

Took the train down to London to watch the QPR game, even went first class, no tea, no coffee, no internet which was bad enough at £80.50 a ticket, that wasn't the annoying part though.

"upon disembarking (first annoyingly stupid word) please make sure to check your personal belongings and take care when ALIGHTING the train"

ffs, disembarking and alighting, what's wrong with take care when you get off?

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

so glad this thread is still running.

Here's one for you. Random words that are used for no real reason.

Took the train down to London to watch the QPR game, even went first class, no tea, no coffee, no internet which was bad enough at £80.50 a ticket, that wasn't the annoying part though.

"upon disembarking (first annoyingly stupid word) please make sure to check your personal belongings and take care when ALIGHTING the train"

ffs, disembarking and alighting, what's wrong with take care when you get off?

On the theme of completely useless words, 'Pamphlet' is completely superfluous and nobody on the planet would care if it was removed from the dictionary. Also the word just sounds daft.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the theme of completely useless words, 'Pamphlet' is completely superfluous and nobody on the planet would care if it was removed from the dictionary. Also the word just sounds daft.

On the flip side ... the word flatulence always, ALWAYS makes me laugh.

Usually because some one uses it when they are embarrassed about having to raise the issue of severe, badly timed trumping.

It's just funny. I would love a 'May contain Nuts' type warning on certain foods - Baked Beans, sprouts - 'May cause flatulence'

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

When someone is decribing something or somebody and they nearly always end the sentence with "d'you know what I mean?". No - I'm thick as pig sh*** and haven't a clue

I do that - all the time - always have, i hear myself say it and hate myself for it. D'ya know what i mean? I think its because i was a teenager in the 90's and we all talked like nobs.

Edited by Parsnip

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

People who take laptops into meetings or presentations & sit there catching up on emails etc. Makes my blood boil. Show some respect!

Or improve the quality of the meetings. They can usually be done in 5 or 10 minutes standing up. Have been in so many that go on and on because they are badly prepared and not controlled. 

25 years of principles literally flushed down the toilet today.

Squeezing out a fart on afternoon break, obviously moving closer to workmates whilst doing so, when gas turned to liquid, then solid.

First s*** I've ever done in my own time rather than works, I felt so ashamed I couldn't face my colleagues, and had to slow down productivity afterwards to catch up.

On 26/09/2017 at 13:25, Wolfie said:

People who take laptops into meetings or presentations & sit there catching up on emails etc. Makes my blood boil. Show some respect!

Meetings or presentations that could be done by email! 

Lost count how much of my life has been wasted in meetings where they've just read through an email and discussed it, what's wrong with a good old WhatsApp group chat? 

Trying to navigate my way out of a car park.

Person in 4*4 (Person A) is sat waiting for Person currently parked (Person B) to pull out of their space.

Person B seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time to do so, not sure if they have fell asleep or readng a book or what they are doing, but whatver it is its taking too long, just get in your car and leave.

But while we wait Person A is blocking us all leaving, cannot possibly move over a foot and let us all past...no going to sit there like a big lump blocking everyone.

Wow at last Person B leaves, but Person A cant just park quickly, no, its like a military excercise trying to park it, look how many times do you have to move forwards and backwards trying to reverse it in?