Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pre-match thoughts:

Positives:

Dropping Forsyth is fair as he's been all over the place this season.

Johnson nowhere in sight is wonderful news. Hopefully that's a permanent arrangement.

However, moans are:

Keogh has been excellent for us season after season and benching him after one (dreadful admittedly) error and one poor overall performance is extremely harsh.

Not giving young Thomas a start ahead of a non-firing Lawrence further suggests that the path from the U23's to the first team is an overly long and winding one. 

Palmer on the bench again and not starting. 

Jerome is involved ahead of Walker. Jerome being involved ahead of anyone tbh.

McAllister is available now isn't he? Get him on the bench then. 

Thorne, whilst woeful of late, is still a better option from the bench than Hanson. 

For all that, COYR. 

Well I would not have dropped Keogh, but well done to Gary for being brave, Johnson and Thorne are not even on the bench, which I agree with, so hope Gary has it right, but I will be backing the team and manager all the way, 1-0 to Derby. Once a positive Ram always a positive Ram LOL, and I make no apologies for who I am LOL.

3 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I agree with the changes apart from Keogh he made a howler on Friday but him and Davies have been pretty solid this season although we have started leaking goals.

They were solid when they had the Huddlestone - Ledley partnership in front of them, which is back today.

Not sure dropping keogh is the answer - especially when Pearce is his replacement. 

I think with Lawrence we’re just chancing for something to come off because if it does it’s potentially a match winner and could kickstart his season (what’s left of it). Unfortunately for us this has happened a couple of times all year. 

Didnt think he’d go with Palmer away from home, at home he should be one of the first names on the team sheet though.

Come on the Rams. 

23 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

That's a winning team. 

My mistake. I actually meant to attribute my comment to the Derby team!

Baird and  Wisdom are our best full backs - just hope Baird can cope on the left. 

Nugent and Vydra at least have an understanding and Huddlestone and Ledley are solid.

Keogh needs a rest.

Rowett has made a statement; he's observed the team faltering and utterly collapsing, as an observer for several seasons, as we have - and now he has experienced it as manager. 

We just cannot go on bottling it when the last dozen games come around, the business end of the season. If you can't do the business, you don't merit a place. Of course, Keogh is not the only bottler. However, counting hundreds of games and PoTYs as an individual and being so proud of your long service does not ultimately earn the team & club the progress and growth to which it aspires.

I am lucky to have watched the careers of all Rams captains since before the time of Dave Mackay being poached from Tottenham. Great players who have held medals and trophies - and I do not mean just The Brian Clough Trophy.

We have been chronically lacking leadership for season on season. We will see how other candidates fare - can hardly be worse, IMHO. I expect a more demonstrative style from Davies. Someone has to demand his teammates to respond and redouble their efforts in adversity if a game is going wrong.

The passivity, panic, surrender against Sunderland was unforgivable, but was a watershed moment for players and manager. We will see what they are made of today. 

Could drop out of the top six today, could find WBA tapping up our manager. Funny game, football.

Archived