Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I'd have left Keogh in there, but taken the captaincy off him and told him to focus on simply defending rather then trying to be a clever wotsit.

As for dropping Lawrence, he's the only spark of genuine creativity we've got - hasn't come off very often recently, but take him out of the equation and we're just a bunch of (lazy) grafters. Palmer isn't a wide man and it would need a change of formation to fit him in the side - that would have needed more than 2 days to work on....

Not sure what Lawrence you’re talking about but haven’t seen Tom Lawrence do anything creative for a long long time. 

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'd have left Keogh in there, but taken the captaincy off him and told him to focus on simply defending rather then trying to be a clever wotsit.

As for dropping Lawrence, he's the only spark of genuine creativity we've got - hasn't come off very often recently, but take him out of the equation and we're just a bunch of (lazy) grafters. Palmer isn't a wide man and it would need a change of formation to fit him in the side - that would have needed more than 2 days to work on....

I never understand this argument

It’s literally a piece of fabric

Think Keogh is a bit unfortunate to be dropped. He's been iffy recently but who hasn't? Lowe's sitting on the bench for Shrewsbury, think if he wasn't loaned out he'd be starting with Forsyth awful and Olsson injured.

The only justification for Lawrence over Palmer currently is the fact Lawrence is the most he's ever spent on a player and he's desperate for him to come good. Palmer is here for a limited amount of time and ultimately Rowett will be judged more on his signing of Lawrence rather than Palmer. Hopefully Lawrence can put in a good performance, it can't be much longer before GR puts Palmer in for him surely?

Much, much more confident with Huddlestone and Ledley there together rather than Johnson + anybody. He's out of the squad, best place for him.

PistoldPete2

Rather smacks of scapegoating for Keogh to be dropped , one big howler on Friday but does that justify dropping him? Not sure who is the CB and RB or LB. Pearce at LB , wisdom RB Baird CB. Or wisdom RB Baird LB and Pearce CB. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

I never understand this argument

It’s literally a piece of fabric

Agreed. By my reckoning we have 7 'senior' players starting - these aren't kids and shouldn't need mothering through a game. 

PistoldPete2

So are thorne and Johnson injured or both on the naughty step? Or Anya ? I never really know with Rowett. 

hope we get something out of this. But i think that line up is ********. Lawrence playing? nah. Palmer left out again?.... errr, ok, nice one, cant play 90 mins my arse, Lawrence only managed 45 on friday on account of him being useless. Keogh now scapegoated despite playing without a midfield last week.  we have two left footed cbs and a right footer playing at left back.  Johnson and Thorne completely left out of the squad, but Forsyth on the bench? no Anya....again   is he fit? becasue he's actually versatile and useful? but still out in the cold.  Theres very little creativity again on the pitch and only one player on the bench. who only really gets used anyway when we've already f***** it.  i predict a scrappy and nervous encounter. If we get bent over again i could see this being Rowetts last match. The players have to turn up today. coyr. i was ambitious of a 3-0 to us yesterday.... im going to say 1-0 to us after seeing the team. or maybe an unlikely Lawrence hattrick 

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I just don’t see what Lawrence offers that Palmer doesn’t, as well as having more to his game and bring in better form.

Not sure what he expects to change about our attacking game, I just see a man with zero ideas on how to attack teams.

Second paragraph is my concern. To me it looks like our attacking game is, hope Vydra pulls something out of the bag. Trouble is, if like Friday we concede goals, we need more. With Lawrence confidence shot to pieces and woefully out of any sort of form, and Palmer I assume not really fit (otherwise not playing him is crazy) we don’t seem to have anything.

Archived