Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

i'm pretty happy with the lineup tbh. palmer will come on if things arent going our way. hudds, davies and nuge can be the leaders on the pitch.

Isn't this the problem. You suggest Palmer could be brought on if things aren't going our way but why not start with him to take the game to the opposition just for once? Reactive than proactive appears to be Rowetts' philosophy as far as playing style is concerned.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Isn't this the problem. You suggest Palmer could be brought on if things aren't going our way but why not start with him to take the game to the opposition just for once? Reactive than proactive appears to be Rowetts' philosophy as far as playing style is concerned.

i'm trying to be positive :( 

4 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

TBF, today Rowett was always going to be damned if he did make changes and damned if he didn't. Let's hope we play some football and get the win.

Makes changes, he’s panicked. Doesn’t make changes, hasn’t got the balls. 

Was always going to be the case today

4 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Rowett has made a statement; he's observed the team faltering and utterly collapsing, as an observer for several seasons, as we have - and now he has experienced it as manager. 

We just cannot go on bottling it when the last dozen games come around, the business end of the season. If you can't do the business, you don't merit a place. Of course, Keogh is not the only bottler. However, counting hundreds of games and PoTYs as an individual and being so proud of your long service does not ultimately earn the team & club the progress and growth to which it aspires.

I am lucky to have watched the careers of all Rams captains since before the time of Dave Mackay being poached from Tottenham. Great players who have held medals and trophies - and I do not mean just The Brian Clough Trophy.

We have been chronically lacking leadership for season on season. We will see how other candidates fare - can hardly be worse, IMHO. I expect a more demonstrative style from Davies. Someone has to demand his teammates to respond and redouble their efforts in adversity if a game is going wrong.

The passivity, panic, surrender against Sunderland was unforgivable, but was a watershed moment for players and manager. We will see what they are made of today. 

Could drop out of the top six today, could find WBA tapping up our manager. Funny game, football.

Some fair points and it will be interesting to see how dropping keogh pans out.

I think what frustrates the fans is there are players in the team that keep the shirt no matter how insipid a performance they put in.

Just seen the team sheet but not been through this thread ,, real concerns around rowetts thinking on this team selection and worries that his response to Sunderland loss shows signs of not coping well with the pressure

Archived