Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

Some good changes although I would’ve made more. If I was Palmer i’d walk back to Chelsea from Preston having seen I was on the bench again - ridiculous. And the club always talk about giving youth a chance, couldn’t have thought of a better chance for Thomas to be involved either. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

He deserves to be dropped, although could of changed any one of them 

Deserved to be dropped after one bad game??? On that basis, after Fridays' debacle, we would be struggling to put a full side out.

Much as I regret saying it, the last 3 days have given me some real concerns about the direction Rowett is taking us.

I'd have left Keogh in there, but taken the captaincy off him and told him to focus on simply defending rather then trying to be a clever wotsit.

As for dropping Lawrence, he's the only spark of genuine creativity we've got - hasn't come off very often recently, but take him out of the equation and we're just a bunch of (lazy) grafters. Palmer isn't a wide man and it would need a change of formation to fit him in the side - that would have needed more than 2 days to work on....

Archived