Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh      Davies      Anya

Huddlestone Ledley 

Weimann       Vydra          Palmer

Nugent

like the 3 at the back idea from the first bloke though. id go mainly kids on the bench.

We cling on to a playoff spot, and manage to turn our hard earned "choker" status into our greatest strength. underdog power. Then somehow win the play offs. Just with underdog power. We win. just because football is never quite as predictable as Derby County. so, smanage to stay in the play offs and were as good as up. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh      Davies      Anya

Huddlestone Ledley 

Weimann       Vydra          Palmer

Nugent

like the 3 at the back idea from the first bloke though. id go mainly kids on the bench.

We cling on to a playoff spot, and manage to turn our hard earned "choker" status into our greatest strength. underdog power. Then somehow win the play offs. Just with underdog power. We win. just because football is never quite as predictable as Derby County. so, smanage to stay in the play offs and were as good as up. 

Forsyth for Anya for me

I just reckon... Palmer Aydra and Anya can all play abit. Wisdom Keogh and Davis can all defend, Huddlesone and Ledley can hold the middle well, weve seen, they can move it to the creative ones, and nugent and weimann are just out there coursing essentially. dragging markers about, chasing owt. everything. looking to get a bite off what the others can string together. making space. running t'channels... and all the other cliches. There was no creativity at all on Friday. apart from Vydras little back heel in the first 10 minutes,,,, and his goal, that was class. We werent all that rubbish to start with. 

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

He’s not turned rubbish overnight, whereas Johnson and Jerome have been rubbish every time they don a Ram shirt

i'd dropped the other two as well. Fozzy is all over the place though. i like him, and he has been a good player but the other day was a disaster. horror show. I think giving Jerome the flack isnt fair though, he wasnt very good, but he didnt score and own goal, concede a penalty, (pretty badly to be fair) and cherry on top, he's turning in circles looking for the ball as it bounces off his legs into the goals scorers lap. It'll be an anecdote for him in future years, as probably his worst ever professional football appearance. He'll over come it, and it wont define him, but he sure as **** shouldnt be playing on monday after what we saw on friday. assess it in the summer for me. Anya in please. No disrespect to Fozzy though. Good left back. Just not right now. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

i'd dropped the other two as well. Fozzy is all over the place though. i like him, and he has been a good player but the other day was a disaster. horror show. I think giving Jerome the flack isnt fair though, he wasnt very good, but he didnt score and own goal, concede a penalty, (pretty badly to be fair) and cherry on top, he's turning in circles looking for the ball as it bounces off his legs into the goals scorers lap. It'll be an anecdote for him in future years, as probably his worst ever professional football appearance. He'll over come it, and it wont define him, but he sure as **** shouldnt be playing on monday after what we saw on friday. assess it in the summer for me. Anya in please. No disrespect to Fozzy though. Good left back. Just not right now. 

I don’t disagree, but I feel he’ll put it right, plus we need a solid left back. Lowe would be my first choice and I’m sure he will be next season.

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

I feel for Fozzy at the minute. Nice lad, quite shy, always been a confidence player but he’s a self-fulfilling prophecy of shitness at the minute. 

He either needs a stormer or a holiday.

You can almost tell by his first pass how the day will go. If its not perfect, the crowd get on his case and you can almost physically see his confidence drain from his body. 

To be fair to him, no matter how bad he is playing he never hides and always looks to push forward and create an overlap. 

I think we will see the best of him next season. 

7 hours ago, DenbyRam said:

Word of warning for those travelling by train via Crewe tomorrow.
It’s Crewe v Port Vale at 3.00pm and Vale have sold 2,200 tickets. A good number of Vale may well go via train so Crewe could be a bit busy with a big Police presence. Train back to Derby could be lively. 

We were planning on staying in Preston a while and getting the 17.17 back that arrived in Crewe at 18:00. Hopefully, Crewe will be a little quieter by then. Might be best to avoid the 16:17 Preston to Crewe otherwise you’re going to arrive in Crewe in the middle of the madness.

For train tickets don’t buy a return from Derby to Preston. Save yourself £15 or so by buying a Derby to Crewe return, and a separate Crewe to Preston return. 

This could possibly be the only interesting part of my day!

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Love the idea of switching to a 3-5-2, but I'm not sure I could imagine Rowett trying it out. Anyone know if he used a 3-5-2 at Birmingham at all?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-gary-rowett-wiser-9102354

Yep - but it failed and he reverted to 4-2-3-1 in the second half and won the game.

No way will Rowett go 3-5-2. I'd love to see it though.

Tickets available at Preston, today for this, for D.C.F.C fans.

The Rams take on Preston North End in the early Easter Monday clash in the Sky Bet Championship, kick-off: 12:45pm.

Prices are confirmed as follow:

Adults £24
Senior Citizens (65+) £16
Under-22s (19-21) £15
Full-Time Students £15
Under-19s (11-18)* £8
Under-11s (2-10)** £2

*All children aged Under 14 must be accompanied by an Adult
**All 2-10s MUST be accompanied by a full paying Adult and sold on a 1:1 ratio

Derby supporters still wishing to attend the clash with Alex Neil’s side will be able to buy their ticket from the Away Ticket Office at Deepdale from 10:30am.

Both card and cash payments will be accepted.

Archived