Preston North End V Derby County

RiddingsRam

2 minutes ago, David said:

Makes changes, he’s panicked. Doesn’t make changes, hasn’t got the balls. 

Was always going to be the case today

This is true.

But if we win, does he reinstate Keogh? And if we lose, does it mean Keogh gets back in?

i think it's harsh that he seems to be a sacrificial ram in this case. I thought Gary might be cheesed off after Friday but for players like Keogh, surely he's the type you just say 'get out there and make it right'. 

Anyway, I hope we win and that's a debate to have before the next game.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think we might win today. After hitting rock bottom, there has to be a reaction. Hudds and Ledley back again is promising.

Never give up hope! It's a long shot and it's on sky which increases the odds further, but stranger things have happened!

They've got two young, mobile and highly-rated central midfielders in Ben Pearson and Alan Browne. They're the kind of midfielders we tend to struggle against, so it's vital we can win that battle early on. I'd have Pearson here next season in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

They've got two young, mobile and highly-rated central midfielders in Ben Pearson and Alan Browne. They're the kind of midfielders we tend to struggle against, so it's vital we can win that battle early on. I'd have Pearson here next season in a heartbeat.

Nigel?! 

23 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

That's a winning team. 

My mistake. I actually meant to attribute my comment to the Derby team!

Baird and  Wisdom are our best full backs - just hope Baird can cope on the left. 

Nugent and Vydra at least have an understanding and Huddlestone and Ledley are solid.

Keogh needs a rest.

13 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

First time i've questioned GR this, stll dont get my head around dropping keogh, one bad game....

It's a massive decision. Completely rocks the boat and sends the wrong message to one of our better players this season.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I’ve touted Pearson as a good buy for a while, would be a great foil for Huddlestone in the middle of the park.

Wow, just seen on Sky that it's the first time Keogh has been named on the bench for us since he signed in 2012. That's a crazy statistic and shows that of all the managers we've had since that, barring injury all have considered him as a guaranteed starter no matter what really.

Makes it even more of a bigger decision to leave him out. Keogh looks absolutely gutted to be sat there.

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

First time i've questioned GR this, stll dont get my head around dropping keogh, one bad game....

Hopefully he will come out after the game and say he thought he needed a rest. Taking him out the firing line may be no bad thing be it a game or more.

He can bounce back, as can we. I’m glad Davis is captain, it will take some pressure off Keogh.

1 minute ago, Pottig said:

How does Keogh get dropped after one error yet Lawrence consistently retains his place?

Keogh cost a packet of cheese and onion crisps and half a lager, you pay £7m and leave him on the bench your admitting you ballsed up.

Archived