Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The only people coming out of this with any credit are the football in the community guys and girls..

How are they getting off Scott free?! They're as bad as the Sports Science team in my opinion. Don't get me started on the stewards.

No, the only people maintaining the joy at Derby County football club are it's unofficial forum members.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Do you like Gary's style of football?

Tim you seem to have all the answers, so I will ask again, who would you replace Gary with, we have gone through managers to quickly since Nigel left, and we have tried managers who had a good track record, but they still failed, so it would be interesting who you would pick. To build a team takes time, we as a club do not give managers time. In Gary Rowett I trust.

49 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Tim you seem to have all the answers, so I will ask again, who would you replace Gary with, we have gone through managers to quickly since Nigel left, and we have tried managers who had a good track record, but they still failed, so it would be interesting who you would pick. To build a team takes time, we as a club do not give managers time. In Gary Rowett I trust.

Do you like Gary's style of football?

Not sure one person is to blame for last night, including Gary. It's the whole club and management. I could have just about forgiven (after a lot of time) a loss. It's the fact no one seemed bothered or got stuck in. I think some of the stuff we played first half was OK, second half was appalling. Unfortunately that isn't play off material.

13 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Except unlike Sunderland, Preston are actually quite good. We'll get mullered unless we go for a 0-0 and defend like crazy. That said, we defended like crazy tonight!

Gary will go for a 0-0 and we'll lose 2-0.

Tell you what we need boys ,we need a plan B ---oh bugger.

After a bad nights sleep I'm now capable of posting and taking some positives from last night.

1. We can't be that bad again, please.

2. My Sunderland mate was working so couldn't come round to watch the game. (that year we lost 5-0 at home I got a lift to the game from Leeds with 3 Sunderland fansl, not enoyable at all)

3. Some playersmight get the kick up the backside they need, and some youngster might get a chance.

4. Despite our poorness it would have been a differant game with Huddlestone in the team. His long passing would have been a threat and the would have to have defended deeper and given us more space in midfield,

After having come to terms with what happened last night, a question still bothers me and it's whenever a team, any team, is having a bad run of results, why is it it always against Derby that their bad run always comes to an end?  I'm not sure who or what is to blame for last nights debacle, but needless to say, something is just not right!

10 minutes ago, TomG said:

After having come to terms with what happened last night, a question still bothers me and it's whenever a team, any team, is having a bad run of results, why is it it always against Derby that their bad run always comes to an end?  I'm not sure who or what is to blame for last nights debacle, but needless to say, something is just not right!

Been going on for years, I can't explain it but it drives me mad.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Been going on for years, I can't explain it but it drives me mad.

I know mate, it can't be explained and yes, it does drive you mad.  It's happens so often that it's actually become the 'norm' for it to happen!

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

As for Mel going in the South stand...what was he thinking...?? He is so embarrassing, that kind of terrible publicity stunt is something that frIdge salesman from down the road would have done. 

He looked so awkward in there with his cohorts it was untrue. I get the feeling that was his idea which worries me even more, after the revelations this week his credibility reached a new low.

Well you've got to laugh. I've just dared show my face out the house and I'm getting hugs and handshakes from the locals. 

The last wag just shouted 'howay Derby, Yer kna yer shyte when we beat yer!'.

The Sunderland lot are over the moon and treating me like some sort of benevolent barer of points and goals, whilst the Newcastle fans are just pissing themselves laughing!

It's been quite cathartic really.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

As for Mel going in the South stand...what was he thinking...?? He is so embarrassing, that kind of terrible publicity stunt is something that frIdge salesman from down the road would have done. 

Why not? It's his choice. He might have seen a few home truths in there. He is a fan after all. If I owned the club I'd sit in the comfiest and warmest seat in the ground. 

A fridge salesman? ? Not seen many of them. Does he sell snow to Eskimos? ?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

It's where I'd want to stand, it must be so dull in the Directors box, who starts the chants?!

I just wish he'd go back to 'the Derby Way' and stop trying so hard (ps that means ditching Rowett, Mel).

Archived