Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

I left early tonight! First time in 10 years! Just overwhelmed by hurt and disappointment of what i witnessed! Also very interesting for me that only 3 of the 11 tonight were Rowett signings!! Ok should’ve been 4 as really don’t know why he dropped Wisdom!

Weimann is the only player to emerge with credit. Davies had a mare, as did Thorne

Fozzy unfortunately delays every decision he makes thinking about his knee, he’s done it all season can we continue with him?!

Keogh has been brilliant for Derby but (and I don’t include the playoff final in this  for which he’s been an unfair scapegoat) when the pressure is on he cracks, gave away the ball for the second goal, at fault for sessengon goal v Fulham by chasing after the ball like a headless chicken.

The rest of them were gutless and heartless. Bradley Johnson, man mountain v forest, anonymous tonight. Lawrence don’t even get me started!

The cracks are now wide open, but many of them have existed in previous seasons.  But there is no money to fix

I think Rowett is the right man, but whether you do or you don’t, we don’t really have another option!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Bogey team? We used to thump em regularly. Mick Hartford 6-0 etc.

There's no such thing anyway. An urban myth. We were beaten by a crap team.

I'm not fickle. I just have eyes..

You've clearly got good eyes. The clip is 25 years ago!!! And we've not beaten them since 2001, 17 years ago!!! 

I bet your good at painting with numbers with your eyes!!!

But for some reason all the fickles on here thought we just had to turn up tonight!

w6wdoz.png

34 minutes ago, David said:

Where as the players were great tonight, did everything expected of them, nothing to do with them. 

It's not just tonight though is it?

Gary has delivered mainly rubbish football all season and now it's more evident than ever. It was appalling tonight from all concerned but it reinforces the ineptness of Gary more than ever. 

He is not up to the job. You obviously like him but he just won't deliver promotion. He's myopic and stubborn, and I fear for next season. 

These are good players (in the main) so why are they playing like crap? They are being managed poorly by a man with poor management skills, a lack of the required strategy / vision and know how and an unwavering sense of belligerence.

Gary enjoys being **** o the walk, dishing out the funnies, trading verbal blows with other managers, sticking 2 fingers (4 to notts) and at times criticising our own fans. But he managed a team that lose 4-1 to the worst team in the league who haven't won for months. We are now that team. An embarrassing shambles. It's been getting worse and worse, so his job is to manage it. If there's no accountability, we could all be managers of Derby and just blame the players. 

Stick with it though. He'll turn it around won't he...

21 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

You've clearly got good eyes. The clip is 25 years ago!!! And we've not beaten them since 2001, 17 years ago!!! 

But for some reason all the fickles on here thought we just had to turn up tonight!

w6wdoz.png

There's no such thing as a bogey team! If you believe that, you believe in ghosts.

How am I fickle? Yeah I've been fickle for 40 years. Tonight was an effin disgrace. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from Derby. But let's look at the positives; Sunderland usually beat us so let's just accept it.

9 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

what's fickle being annoyed about losing 4-1 to a team at home that have won five all season .  You expect team's in the bottom position's with games running out to be up for it - you also expect a team 5th in the table with results going in there favour to be equally up for it .  I also have eye's and can categorically state we were pant's .  Just a pity Forsyth didn't have eyes and cost us two goals .  As I recall we hadn't beat Birmingham at St Andrews since the 30's or won at Hillsbrough since the 40's until the mid 90's -now we win there on a regular basis.  There is no such thing as a bogey team just whether you players can be arsed to put in more effort than the opposition.

6 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

There's no such thing as a bogey team! If you believe that, you believe in ghosts.

How am I fickle? Yeah I've been fickle for 40 years. Tonight was an effin disgrace. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen from Derby. But let's look at the positives; Sunderland usually beat us so let's just accept it.

Yeah just accept. It's gone, you can't go backwards in life, move forwards, take the positives and be positive for Monday or be negative for Monday.

16 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Gary has delivered mainly rubbish football all season and now it's more evident than ever. It was appalling tonight from all concerned but it reinforces the ineptness of Gary more than ever. 

He is not up to the job. You obviously like him but he just won't deliver promotion. He's myopic and stubborn, and I fear for next season. 

These are good players (in the main) so why are they playing like crap? They are being managed poorly by a man with poor management skills, a lack of the required strategy / vision and know how and an unwavering sense of belligerence.

Gary enjoys being **** o the walk, dishing out the funnies, trading verbal blows with other managers, sticking 2 fingers (4 to notts) and at times criticising our own fans. But he managed a team that lose 4-1 to the worst team in the league who haven't won for months. We are now that team. An embarrassing shambles. It's been getting worse and worse, so his job is to manage it. If there's no accountability, we could all be managers of Derby and just blame the players. 

Since we got relagated 10 years ago every manager has failed to get us promoted, who would you have as manager, also still think giving a manager time will get us where we want to be, in Gary I trust.

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Since we got relagated 10 years ago every manager has failed to get us promoted, who would you have as manager, also still think giving a manager time will get us where we want to be, in Gary I trust.

Yep, not directed at you specifically but you're all right. Give Gary as long as it takes. He's class and will definitely get us promoted. Be positive and Gary will succeed.

Every week it looks crap but those who see it and don't like it are called cynical, fickle or wrist slashers. 

I

If we had the best manager in the world (whoever that is) we might still not get promoted. And as humans we all have that choice of either being positive or negative. I just feel better as a person to opt for the positive approach as I believe it makes me feel better and when you are positive around others I think they are positive and I think people feel better for it, and I apologise right now for calling anyone fickle.

Enjoy being sarcastic knocking the positive folk and pointing out that every week it looks crap etc. I've seen Derby play well quite a few times this season and I'm happy were they are in the league and if we make the play offs, I reckon that's a successful season, it's football and I want to enjoy my football and my football team.

35 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It’s difficult to respond to this to be honest, probably best we agree to disagree as you don’t believe Rowett is the man and that’s fair enough. I do, and feel the players have let him down badly these past few weeks in the same way we have seen under previous managers.

3 hours ago, valleyram said:

I actually feel sorry watching George Thorne after all the injuries he’s had because he was top class but why in the name of god did he get a new contract ? 

Top class...? He couldn’t get in a crap west brom team, he has always been average and is now just plain rubbish. Too many people fawning over him because he is a pretty boy and been unlucky with injuries, the truth is, he just isn’t very good. 

9 hours ago, David said:

They are I agree, which is why I said it.

It’s been this way for years now, players escaping all responsibility. 

These are professional footballers, you would think Rowett has gone out and signed a bunch of Sunday Leaguers, oh don’t blame them, not their fault they are crap.

Sorry but no, they are responsible. Same as they were for McClaren’s downfall.

When it’s the absolute basics they are not doing you can’t look elsewhere. If they are doing the basics but getting tactically outplayed, then I will be looking over at the dugout.

Vydra and Palmer, all we’ve heard, play them together, absolutely nothing tonight in 45 minutes. What more could Rowett do tonight? 

Everyone is responsible to a degree.. In this case, I can see Rowett needs some support, they have massively let him down. 

The club is rotten. I know you won’t agree but years now of mismanagement has got us here. Over spending previously has now caught up with us.. Different styles have caused us to lose focus on what we want to be. It’s just an unholy mess of biblical proportions.. What is Derby County now? 

Recruitment Team - Hang your heads.

Finance Team - Hang your heads.

Morris & Rush - Hang your heads.

The Managers - Hang your heads.

Sports Science Team - Hang your heads.

THE PLAYERS - HANG YOUR HEADS.

The Academy - Hang your heads.

The only people coming out of this with any credit are the football in the community guys and girls..

Finally, What was Morris doing in the South Stand last night.. Who the hell advises this man. I cringed before the first goal and the only thing that cheered me up was that they were getting soaked. 

16 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Everyone is responsible to a degree.. In this case, I can see Rowett needs some support, they have massively let him down. 

The club is rotten. I know you won’t agree but years now of mismanagement has got us here. Over spending previously has now caught up with us.. Different styles have caused us to lose focus on what we want to be. It’s just an unholy mess of biblical proportions.. What is Derby County now? 

Recruitment Team - Hang your heads.

Finance Team - Hang your heads.

Morris & Rush - Hang your heads.

The Managers - Hang your heads.

Sports Science Team - Hang your heads.

THE PLAYERS - HANG YOUR HEADS.

The Academy - Hang your heads.

The only people coming out of this with any credit are the football in the community guys and girls..

Finally, What was Morris doing in the South Stand last night.. Who the hell advises this man. I cringed before the first goal and the only thing that cheered me up was that they were getting soaked. 

Happy Easter!.....Hope the Easter Bunny is good to you, holds her head up high and gives you all the candy in the world and gives you all that you desire @Angry Ram!.......but watch out for the pink berry's and hope your teeth don't fall out!....hop along!

Now the grumpy dad's.....sing up!

i think the players have to take the majority of the responsibility for last nights' performance. errors all over the pitch, playing with no confidence whatsoever. wouldn't matter what system GR asked em to play, they would have messed it up anyway.

9 hours ago, David said:

Same way as it was Clement, Pearson, McClaren’s fault? How many more managers do we need to go through till we look at the players on the pitch.

They continue to be given free passes, not their fault the system doesn’t suit, they just aren’t good enough.

It’s not that though.

Even Will Hughes said not long before leaving all that is rubbish, the players should be capable of adjusting. 

That team out there shouldn’t be losing 4-1 at home to Sunderland, even with no Russell, Martin or Bryson.

Nor should it need to score 4 to cancel out  individual mistakes. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 attacking, defending, doesn’t matter.

What the problem is I don’t know, but if we keep blaming and firing the manager nobody will have the time to figure and fix the issues that keep plaguing us.

With the exception of NP were the others doing that bad though?  You talk about individual mistakes however the truth is that even without them, we were not good enough to win that game against a team that is so poor it was languishing at the bottom of the league.  Coleman came with a plan to press us from the start, these forced the  mistakes, GRs reaction to this....nothing, sit there and hope.

Can't think of anything constructive to say. 

A terrrible performance littered with errors, far too little skill or control of the ball but above all a complete absence of mental strength. .. So you are a goal down after thet calamity .... You are supposed to be a top 6 side playing at home against bottom club  ! Flipping well dig in a play. 

Vydras finish was a beauty but apart from that I might as well have stood in the rain and watched run down the gutters outside my house. It would have been at least as satisfying. 

This one is on the players. They are supposed to be skilled. I saw little skill last night

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Top class...? He couldn’t get in a crap west brom team, he has always been average and is now just plain rubbish. Too many people fawning over him because he is a pretty boy and been unlucky with injuries, the truth is, he just isn’t very good. 

I wouldn't be as harsh as that, but I agree with your general point. I've kept a lid on it in front of a lot people for fear of causing a riot, but I've often thought Thorne might be a touch overrated.

The thing is, most people's opinions are based on a period of about 2 months in 2014 when he played very well. There's no way of knowing if he would have been that good again the following season.

9 hours ago, David said:

Maybe he was fit, I honestly don’t know, but we have had an injury crisis and Palmer was one of those players mentioned where he can play one but not be fully fit for the next.

It could have been a bit of management in that we have a tougher game on Monday (he says), may have been a case of Vydra wouldn’t be able to play both as well having just come back, one for each rather than go all in on Sunderland.

It was only 1-2 when Palmer came on though, his first 2 passes were straight to a Sunderland man, I don’t want to go to hard in on him but don’t recall anything positive worth highlighting from his time on the pitch tonight. The game wasn’t over by this point, far from it.

Rowett’s in a bit on a bit of a lose lose though, one minute he’s accused of tinkering, the next for not trying something new, had we tried something different and walked away with the same result it would be as we didn’t go back to basics.

When you look at individual performances tonight, I honestly don’t think a different system was the answer, I’m cooling now a bit but Forsyth and Keogh’s mistakes are beyond belief. They were not system related.

If we were thinking about Preston on monday? thats rubbish, he deserves the stick. "Rowetts in abit of a lose lose"? hey? He's the manager, and they just had 3 weeks off. Individual errors were costly, but we can understand fozzys howlers and Keoghs lapse. the rest of it.... they deserve criticism

8 hours ago, David said:

It’s difficult to respond to this to be honest, probably best we agree to disagree as you don’t believe Rowett is the man and that’s fair enough. I do, and feel the players have let him down badly these past few weeks in the same way we have seen under previous managers.

Do you like Gary's style of football?

Archived