Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

Friday 30th March

19.45/7.45pm

Snow joke, this next game is our chance to play Sunderland into form.

No! I mean play ourselves into form! (We’ve seen it happen to us before haven’t we?)?

Who’d of thought after the first game up there that they’d be down at the bottom of the league for most if not all of the season?

Anyrode, hopefully we’ll have a few players back from injury but not match fit I guess.

My man Huddlestone will still be out, probs Thorne too. Hopefully Ledders will be back and some how a formula arrived at to play Vidders and Palmer together.

They look doomed, but never hit a man when he’s down, he might get up!

Theyll bring a few I’d imagine, but the Friday night kick off may dampen a few Mackem’s desires perhaps.

We’ll need the points as we have the pack chasing us for the last playoff place.

So come on lads, do the business.

Whats word on d’street?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll sell out their allocation: always do.

We need someone tough in midfield to compete with their clogger, Cattermole. Wind him up and he'll be off.

They are absolutely garbage so a Rams win is on the cards. They will be up for it but if we score first it's game over. 

I live in Sunderland / Newcastle territory so a win is essential for promotion and my good standing in the community. 

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Friday 30th March

19.45/7.45pm

Snow joke, this next game is our chance to play Sunderland into form.

No! I mean play ourselves into form! (We’ve seen it happen to us before haven’t we?)?

Who’d of thought after the first game up there that they’d be down at the bottom of the league for most if not all of the season?

Anyrode, hopefully we’ll have a few players back from injury but not match fit I guess.

My man Huddlestone will still be out, probs Thorne too. Hopefully Ledders will be back and some how a formula arrived at to play Vidders and Palmer together.

They look doomed, but never hit a man when he’s down, he might get up!

Theyll bring a few I’d imagine, but the Friday night kick off may dampen a few Mackem’s desires perhaps.

We’ll need the points as we have the pack chasing us for the last playoff place.

So come on lads, do the business.

Whats word on d’street?

Their fans thought they would be in trouble, spent pre match in a pub just over from the ground. To a man ( and woman) they thought they were in for a terrible season. We need to win this and win it well. Forget 2 CDM’s and go all out attack. They are bottom for a reason, actually 2 reasons, they can’t defend and can’t score. Be all over them from kick off , score early and they fold. As much as I would be happy with a 1/0 win. We should beat these by at least 3. Momentum is priceless at this critical point in our season 

6 hours ago, Boycie said:

Whats word on d’street?

What’s BBC weather say more to the point? don’t want it postponed when we should bag 3 points given their form.

Coleman fed up with saying the same thing after each game, Gibson likely to be missing, player sent off yesterday, they will use any excuse to get this called off mark my words.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

What’s BBC weather say more to the point? don’t want it postponed when we should bag 3 points given their form.

Coleman fed up with saying the same thing after each game, Gibson likely to be missing, player sent off yesterday, they will use any excuse to get this called off mark my words.

They’d better not! Most unsportsmanlike if you ask me.

Could Toddy be the guest on RamsTV? Hope so.

Sunderland seem to be in the same bracket as Bolton, Leeds and Portsmouth. 

Sunderland spent a fortune just trying to stay in the Premier League; a 10-year stint in the top flight that brought one top 10 finish and nine relegation battles. They achieved nothing more than one appearance in a League Cup final. Sunderland are in a mess but did not even have any fun making it.

A lesson in what can happen when clubs ignore appropriate financial parameters. Thankfully our burst of recklessness was relatively short lived even if we are still dealing with some unfolding consequences. Sunderland represent the risks associated with trying to fly too close to the sun. Could happen to any club including us. And probably is happening to other clubs right now. 

Are we all united in expectation that the virtually relegated team who are hopeless in every other match pull off their one final try really hard effort against...us? We all know it'll happen. Just hope we win despite that.

Anyway, we can win without upsetting our bid to get in the play offs without taking 6 points off anyone.

Before the season started, I thought they could get relegated, but the odds were not good enough to make a bet on it... Hopefully, we'll up our game a bit, gifting one point to them is generous enough.

Wouldn't mind seeing similar to first half of the Leeds game. It's not that far away and maybe the best we've played all season.

Archived