Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

When Rowett joined he said he wouldn't stick to one formation like we have done in the past, apart from forest where he seemed to play 4-3-3 i can't think of any other game where he has changed the formation. Why on earth do we need TWO holding midfielders against the worst team at home is beyond me. Negative from the word go tonight. 

AWFUL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very emotional post. We are all in this together and feel the same way if it helps.  I feel no connection with the current team like I did in 2014.

Is it bad that when Sunderland went 4-1 up, I almost wanted them to carry on scoring to give the players a major shock?

I dunno mate. I'm shell-shocked. Half of me thinks I'm being a proper blouse as we still sit 5th in the div and nobody ******* died but you can't help how you feel can you? What's even worse is that to my mind, there's plenty of talent in the squad but all the talent in the world is no good if you won't fight your own corner. I honestly feel like we have a team of cowards right now though I can't quite believe I'm saying as much. Maybe I'll see it differently tomorrow but right now I can't think of a single excuse for what we've just witnessed. Nothing.

9 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You say 80% of the squad are returning from injury. If that's the case, then they're not 'match fit' supposedly. So should we just take the result on the chin?

If we saw the players doing the basics and running themselves into the ground defeats are easier to take to a certain extent. 

We didn’t.

What we saw was footballers tonight failing to do the absolute basics, minimum requirements you would expect even down to League 2, both Keogh and Forsyth tonight have made horrendous individual errors. 

That’s 3 goals gifted to the opposition. No manager can be expected to get his team to score 4 goals at home to cancel those out. 

Maybe some were not fit on the pitch, maybe that’s all we could play but it’s simply no excuse for what we saw.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Have to agree, I've been preaching stability for a few years and I thought we'd get it under Rowett - steady improvement until we were a consistent top 6 side.  I know we've gone off the boil for a few months but better managers would probably struggle to bring an end to the January trend. 

We overachieved early doors - Rowett got us to a good place, heck if he turns it round from here and keeps us in the top 6 he's still done fairly well.  Switch the results round a bit and say we're 5th with 7 or 8 games left without the slide and dodgy form and we might even be praising him.

The calamitous players tonight/this season mostly aren't his signings, sure he hasn't helped with a few ropey additions/outgoings but if he can replace a few donkeys in summer we will look better.  Question is do I want Rowett spending £20m on players?

The tinkering/lack of ideas bothers me though and as when Jim Smith took us up I think we may need an older head who has more nous and self belief.  All management success is time and place so maybe we should shake it up a bit, most managers have failed elsewhere before they go on to succeed.  If Cardiff don't go up I think we could do worse than Warnock (although then he will have bottled it this season also.) 

I wouldn't knock changing it here and now as that was embarrassing - maybe the chance to get a little fresh momentum to go into the play offs with. 

Wait till summer and we'll end up with Pardew.

Aaaah TBE :wub:

23 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Your username. Spare a thought for Derby legend Alan Hinton, who flew over from Seattle on Thursday for a two-week holiday taking in this match and the next two.

He has been looking forward to this trip for months and months.

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm sure Alan would be devastated by that performance and would have liked to of seen Luke given a chance tonight. Lets hope we step up at Preston. At least he has wracked up a few air miles LOL ?

53 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Some of us stayed because it was covered under the stand . Neither the weather nor the football got any better

Mate at 1-4 first time in a long while, I just had to go. That just wasn’t worth staying for, heard Ramma say that in car.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Not sure you can blame Rowett tonight tbh, all 4 goals (so far :p) have been a series of shocking individual errors.

Gary said that.

If the game was lost simply because of four individual errors then i might agree. But the other 86 minutes needs explaining too.

PistoldPete2
50 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

crap team, crap formation, crap everything, crap tactics, crap weather, crap, crap and more crap.

As for the manager, he might be crap.

The ref and the linesmen were crap too, so were Sunderland. Good Friday what's good about it? 

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Forsyth is the biggest donkey I think I've ever seen. What was Rowett doing giving him a new contract? 

You could say the same about Thorne tonight, Jerome signing, Palmer who we signed for what, back up to Vydra? He’s made some bad decisions since Christmas in my book. 

Maybe Mel saying there’s not much money next year is a blessing for Rowett.

Archived