Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

1 minute ago, David said:

Did you say that new contracts being given out were Mel’s fault? If so, how so? Surely you want the owner to back the manager with who they want. 

Mel Morris is ultimately responsible for what deals get done by this club. Be that signing players, selling players, or dishing out new contracts. He deserves his fair share of the blame, just as previous managers/board members do. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might seem like a silly, minor point, but it does always annoy me when I see the players doing all the fun, slapstick media stuff like 'Player Mastermind' and 'Joke-Off', and then coming out and putting in a truly abysmal performance like that. It sort of feels like they're kids who, since Christmas, have been taught by a substitute teacher and can afford to mess around.

I'd like to see less ****ing around putting marshmallows/cinnamon in mouths and more concentration on performances please.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sorry got the wrong cup game, Grimsby not Barnsley. So they aye 3 games to get her we won 3 games and didn't concede a goal, but not worth trying a few more times.

I just don't get that. I guess we don't see what Rowett sees on the training pitch, but it really doesn't seem like he ever gave it a chance. 

Seeing how Vydra got on with someone like Deeney, you'd think that combination would have gotten a chance. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well that wasn't very good. I suggest everyone draws a line unnder it very quickly and gets behind whoever the team is on Easter Monday.

Come on you Rams!

Agree wholeheartedly but  we've been doing that for a fair few matches now - we're running out of them.  Tonight was a bit poo. 

Come on you Rams - whoever you may be. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Mel Morris is ultimately responsible for what deals get done by this club. Be that signing players, selling players, or dishing out new contracts. He deserves his fair share of the blame, just as previous managers/board members do. 

But you don’t think he should step in on individual transfers right? This is a you appointed X manager, he made X signings whilst in charge so you are ultimately responsible? 

1 hour ago, David said:

Was he fit to play 90 though? Rowett spoke not long ago that he plays one then not available for the next. 

It’s ok saying we should have played him or him and usually we can have those types of discussions, but when 80% of the squad have been returning from injury over the last 2 weeks, it’s hard to sit here and be critical of the line up.

We got spanked by a team at the bottom of the league, Its hard not to be critical of the line up. I doubt Palmer is on the bench because he's not fit enough to start the match. I personally dont think Thorne plays well in a centre pairing, he needs to sit deep with movement infront of him. maybe palmer would have fitted in nicely there instead of Johnson. At home to sunderland? I find that abit one dimensional. Not much flair there and not much mobility. But then George's passing today wasnt anywhere near any acceptable standard, and certainly not up to his own. This would all involve changing the system, at least a little bit. (something thats decided the fate of our last however many managers and even one of them twice ) but instead, we get desperate again and just throw a load of forwards on to try and salvage something. I wouldnt just criticise the line up, because we looked abit threatening until our own goal. But i dont think its fair to say that Vydra and Palmer had been tried out together and not done the business for 45 minutes given the circumstances in which they were used. I felt they were just thrown together into a second half which we messed up by conceding another early anyway. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

But you don’t think he should step in on individual transfers right? This is a you appointed X manager, he made X signings whilst in charge so you are ultimately responsible? 

To (try and) clarify, my belief is that: If Mel appoints a manager, and a manager signs X player and makes X amount of mistakes, then Mel must also shoulder some of the blame for that, as it was his choice to appoint that manager.

If I get employed to organise someone's wedding, and I hire a singer who can't sing, a comedian who can't crack a joke, and a photographer who rocks up with a disposable camera, then I deserve plenty of the blame for the choices I made. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

To (try and) clarify, my belief is that: If Mel appoints a manager, and a manager signs X player and makes X amount of mistakes, then Mel must also shoulder some of the blame for that, as it was his choice to appoint that manager.

If I get employed to organise someone's wedding, and a hire a singer who can't sing, a comedian who can't crack a joke, and a photographer who rocks up with a disposable camera, then I deserve plenty of the blame for the choices I made. 

sounds like every wedding i've ever been to

Except for David and half of dozen at most above, how fickle are you lot?......We've been poor against Sunderland for years, a bogey team, who cares that they are bottom of the league, they are a big club, fighting for their life's to avoid relegation and Coleman will have them believing and they will probably get out of it and I knew deep down it would be us that gave them that kick start, and we did, we have a history of failing in these type of games, it was just one of them nights, from kick off, it just wasn't going to happen, so why the big shock from so many fans? Have you never seen us play Sunderland before?

Well done Sunderland, we gifted you 4 goals, unfortunately for us, our players didn't play with the desired belief and composure as yours did and your fans supported your players, your club and stuck behind your football club at the hardest time, when you were bottom of the league and when your club needed you to stick by them and support them the most. Respect.

Wheras we are 5th in the league and so many on here and in the stands choose to boo our players and blame Gary Rowett mentioning the sack word? and Mel and anybody connected to the club, at whatever part of the season time and time again, and think such is the answer, and I thought those folk at Birmingham City were mad for actually sacking GR when they were 7th and yeah they are flying right now!!!!

On a positive note, at least Lee Camp didn't score, last time I was at PP for Sunderland I had to sit and watch Mart Poom score and as soon as he left his box, you knew what was going to happen......and then some of us Derby fans clapped him, being respectful to a quality ex Rams player.

Bring on the next game......move on and love the mighty Rams.

D.C.F.C.Love, Life & Unity.

Super Gary Rowett......Super Derby County Football Club.....Don't Ever Change.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We got spanked by a team at the bottom of the league, Its hard not to be critical of the line up. I doubt Palmer is on the bench because he's not fit enough to start the match. I personally dont think Thorne plays well in a centre pairing, he needs to sit deep with movement infront of him. maybe palmer would have fitted in nicely there instead of Johnson. At home to sunderland? I find that abit one dimensional. Not much flair there and not much mobility. But then George's passing today wasnt anywhere near any acceptable standard, and certainly not up to his own. This would all involve changing the system, at least a little bit. (something thats decided the fate of our last however many managers and even one of them twice ) but instead, we get desperate again and just throw a load of forwards on to try and salvage something. I wouldnt just criticise the line up, because we looked abit threatening until our own goal. But i dont think its fair to say that Vydra and Palmer had been tried out together and not done the business for 45 minutes given the circumstances in which they were used. I felt they were just thrown together into a second half which we messed up by conceding another early anyway. 

Maybe he was fit, I honestly don’t know, but we have had an injury crisis and Palmer was one of those players mentioned where he can play one but not be fully fit for the next.

It could have been a bit of management in that we have a tougher game on Monday (he says), may have been a case of Vydra wouldn’t be able to play both as well having just come back, one for each rather than go all in on Sunderland.

It was only 1-2 when Palmer came on though, his first 2 passes were straight to a Sunderland man, I don’t want to go to hard in on him but don’t recall anything positive worth highlighting from his time on the pitch tonight. The game wasn’t over by this point, far from it.

Rowett’s in a bit on a bit of a lose lose though, one minute he’s accused of tinkering, the next for not trying something new, had we tried something different and walked away with the same result it would be as we didn’t go back to basics.

When you look at individual performances tonight, I honestly don’t think a different system was the answer, I’m cooling now a bit but Forsyth and Keogh’s mistakes are beyond belief. They were not system related.

I'm not buying into the hammering of Forsyth and Thorne, yes they've been poor (fozzy especially) but I'm not going to judge them too harshly till next season.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, those two have barely played over the last 2 years, they've come back from big injuries. I don't think we'll see the best of the till next season. If they struggle next term then that will be a big concern. 

Right now they aren't actually that much worse than a number of other players who haven't had their injury problems!

10 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Except for David and half of dozen at most above, how fickle are you lot?......We've been poor against Sunderland for years, a bogey team, who cares that they are bottom of the league, they are a big club, fighting for their life's to avoid relegation and Coleman will have them believing and they will probably get out of it and I knew deep down it would be us that gave them that kick start, and we did, we have a history of failing in these type of games, it was just one of them nights, from kick off, it just wasn't going to happen, so why the big shock from so many fans? Have you never seen us play Sunderland before?

Well done Sunderland, we gifted you 4 goals, unfortunately for us, our players didn't play with the desired belief and composure as yours did and your fans supported your players, your club and stuck behind your football club at the hardest time, when you were bottom of the league and when your club needed you to stick by them and support them the most. Respect.

Wheras we are 5th in the league and so many on here and in the stands choose to boo our players and blame Gary Rowett mentioning the sack word? and Mel and anybody connected to the club, at whatever part of the season time and time again, and think such is the answer, and I thought those folk at Birmingham City were mad for actually sacking GR when they were 7th and yeah they are flying right now!!!!

On a positive note, at least Lee Camp didn't score, last time I was at PP for Sunderland I had to sit and watch Mart Poom score and as soon as he left his box, you knew what was going to happen......and then some of us Derby fans clapped him, being respectful to a quality ex Rams player.

Bring on the next game......move on and love the mighty Rams.

D.C.F.C.Love, Life & Unity.

Super Gary Rowett......Super Derby County Football Club.....Don't Ever Change.

Bogey team? We used to thump em regularly. Mick Hartford 6-0 etc.

There's no such thing anyway. An urban myth. We were beaten by a crap team.

I'm not fickle. I just have eyes..

8 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe he was fit, I honestly don’t know, but we have had an injury crisis and Palmer was one of those players mentioned where he can play one but not be fully fit for the next.

It could have been a bit of management in that we have a tougher game on Monday (he says), may have been a case of Vydra wouldn’t be able to play both as well having just come back, one for each rather than go all in on Sunderland.

It was only 1-2 when Palmer came on though, his first 2 passes were straight to a Sunderland man, I don’t want to go to hard in on him but don’t recall anything positive worth highlighting from his time on the pitch tonight. The game wasn’t over by this point, far from it.

Rowett’s in a bit on a bit of a lose lose though, one minute he’s accused of tinkering, the next for not trying something new, had we tried something different and walked away with the same result it would be as we didn’t go back to basics.

When you look at individual performances tonight, I honestly don’t think a different system was the answer, I’m cooling now a bit but Forsyth and Keogh’s mistakes are beyond belief. They were not system related.

Yep, as you say, it's got nothing to do with Gary. He's doing a great job. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Yep, as you say, it's got nothing to do with Gary. He's doing a great job. 

Where as the players were great tonight, did everything expected of them, nothing to do with them. 

9 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

your fans supported your players, your club and stuck behind your football club at the hardest time, when you were bottom of the league and when your club needed you to stick by them and support them the most. Respect.

Have you seen Sunderlands ground recently .  It's that empty it last time I saw it on telly it looked like the ruin of the colessium.  My dad's family are from up that way and mostly support Sunderland it's that bad they closed the top tier of the ground last month.  Fair play to there fan's that came  down, done  that journey to there place twice and a long trek. Every club however has there best away following when the chips are down  - we packed every away end in the prem when were uber *****.    Just because fans are a bit miffed they wasted time going to watch a load of spineless ********* in the worst rain since Noah thought he'd build a boat you seem to think were poor supporters.

Archived