Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

3 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Do you like Gary's style of football?

But who would have in place of him, I will judge Gary next season, but yes at the moment he is doing better than I and most expected, still needs to get a few out, and a few more in, but top 10 this season will be fine by me, we are playing better football than we did under Clement and Pearson, now can you answear my question please?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume Mel went in there expecting a 4-1,the other way round. Would have enjoyed the pats on the back and chants of “ he’s one of our own” aimed at him. Probably would have even started a song with rammy. As it turned out, probably the most cringeworthy couple of hours of his life. He must be waking up today,  thinking why he bothers. I felt crap being just a fan. Imagine how you would feel being a fan AND spunking 50 odd million on that. We need to be careful what we wish for. If I was him I would be looking to get out asap. Who knows what will follow

14 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

But who would have in place of him, I will judge Gary next season, but yes at the moment he is doing better than I and most expected, still needs to get a few out, and a few more in, but top 10 this season will be fine by me, we are playing better football than we did under Clement and Pearson, now can you answear my question please?

His problem is getting us to 2 nd. If we had been average all season and finished 8th or there abouts, I would have been happy. But to get the squad to 2 nd at Christmas, inflated everyone’s expectations. Then to decimate a good squad by letting youngsters and experienced pros alike to leave. Whilst not addressing the weaknesses and signing Jerome is unforgivable.  For me that’s where my sympathy for him faded 

43 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Why not? It's his choice. He might have seen a few home truths in there. He is a fan after all. If I owned the club I'd sit in the comfiest and warmest seat in the ground. 

A fridge salesman? ? Not seen many of them. Does he sell snow to Eskimos? ?

Course he is a fan......

25 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I assume Mel went in there expecting a 4-1,the other way round. Would have enjoyed the pats on the back and chants of “ he’s one of our own” aimed at him. Probably would have even started a song with rammy. As it turned out, probably the most cringeworthy couple of hours of his life. He must be waking up today,  thinking why he bothers. I felt crap being just a fan. Imagine how you would feel being a fan AND spunking 50 odd million on that. We need to be careful what we wish for. If I was him I would be looking to get out asap. Who knows what will follow

Chairman have and will continue to come and go, it could be argued we were in better shape on the field before he took over, something no one forced him to do so.

40 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Eh? Do you like Gary's style of football?

54 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

He is doing better than I expected, take his 3 month lucky period out and we have been as poor as I can remember for many a year, including NPs tenure.  Based upon his previous jobs and what I had seen last season, therefore I didn’t think he would be anywhere near the top 6, that’s not because we haven’t got the squad but his ability. 

Who could replace him? Well Mike basset could do a better job in all honesty.

Just now, AdamRam said:

Chairman have and will continue to come and go, it could be argued we were in better shape on the field before he took over, something no one forced him to do so.

I agree they come and go. Some good some bad. I just think this one has learned a hard and expensive lesson. I just don’t think there is an alternative ready to ride in on a white charger. I feel sorry for him, he probably expected to be lauded as a chairman of a premier league team by now. Instead he’s bordering on the brink of becoming hated and must look at West Ham and think he’s got that to look forward to. Questions for you and everyone else for that matter. (1) would you put up with this grief, if you could leave it? (2) who would buy a club which can only be described as damaged goods? If I was him it would be up for sale at £1 and enjoy the rest of my life stress free 

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He was 1 million times better than Thorne but we aren’t allowed to say that are we..!?

I don't really know what point you're making. Thorne was rubbish and Johnson was rubbish.

At least with Thorne there's a chance he could get better again. Johnson has never been good enough and never will be.

I know you desperately want to be right about Thorne to show everyone how big your eWilly is but your attempts to claim he was never good are embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I agree they come and go. Some good some bad. I just think this one has learned a hard and expensive lesson. I just don’t think there is an alternative ready to ride in on a white charger. I feel sorry for him, he probably expected to be lauded as a chairman of a premier league team by now. Instead he’s bordering on the brink of becoming hated and must look at West Ham and think he’s got that to look forward to. Questions for you and everyone else for that matter. (1) would you put up with this grief, if you could leave it? (2) who would buy a club which can only be described as damaged goods? If I was him it would be up for sale at £1 and enjoy the rest of my life stress free 

Why do you think he took over in the first place ? He has seen imo the opportunity to make some money, as he has said himself, he does not intend to lose on his investment.

Why therefore feel sorry for him? No one asked him to take over, no one asked for him to sack so many employees of the club, and given that he could walk away leaving us with an unsustainable wage bill that he has instigated tomorrow i certainly don’t feel sorry for him.

3 hours ago, TomG said:

After having come to terms with what happened last night, a question still bothers me and it's whenever a team, any team, is having a bad run of results, why is it it always against Derby that their bad run always comes to an end?  I'm not sure who or what is to blame for last nights debacle, but needless to say, something is just not right!

I think it’s always been like that, or seems to be. A striker having a lean time, along come Derby, bang, drought over, a team on a losing streak, same thing, Christ, O’Shea got his first club goal since 2013 last night. Mind you Denis Law would have got on the scoresheet last night and he’s 78. 

Johnson drags everyone around him down to his level. Just remember how ******* awful Huddlestone looked at the start of the season when playing next to him.

The idea that Johnson was all over the place because he's covering for Thorne is funny, Johnson has the worst positional sense of any player at the club.

There was a moment in the second half where Johnson did a running jump (if only he'd do one in a different context) to try to win a header, or clear out a couple of players, or whatever he was trying to do (**** knows, it's Bradley Donkey Brains Johnson) and totally misjudged the whole thing, taking himself out of the game and looking the moron he is.

22 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I don't really know what point you're making. Thorne was rubbish and Johnson was rubbish.

At least with Thorne there's a chance he could get better again. Johnson has never been good enough and never will be.

I know you desperately want to be right about Thorne to show everyone how big your eWilly is but your attempts to claim he was never good are embarrassing. 

That’s the point, i didn’t think Thorne was rubbish last night, He is just rubbish in general. 

You can’t name 10 good games he has had for us, actually you can’t name 5...I can think of 2, the 5-0 forest game and the Brighton semi final, where both games were finished before half time...

i would say it is totally the opposite way around, there is a chance (a slim one) that Johnson could get better, he has proved over a number of seasons bat he is good enough for this league, with Thorne there is no chance at all, he has never proved it and never will 

and don’t worry about my ewilly (whatever that is) it’s doing just fine. 

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Why do you think he took over in the first place ? He has seen imo the opportunity to make some money, as he has said himself, he does not intend to lose on his investment.

Why therefore feel sorry for him? No one asked him to take over, no one asked for him to sack so many employees of the club, and given that he could walk away leaving us with an unsustainable wage bill that he has instigated tomorrow i certainly don’t feel sorry for him.

That answers neither question. Who’s going to buy us? And who could blame him for leaving?  I’m in a slightly fortunate position in life that I don’t need to worry about money. If I never receive another penny I can manage to have a good standard of living. He however has hundreds of millions. I think he was trying to buy the love and adulation of his home town. Not make money.  Before you want rid. Answer the 2 questions honestly 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

That answers neither question. Who’s going to buy us? And who could blame him for leaving?  I’m in a slightly fortunate position in life that I don’t need to worry about money. If I never receive another penny I can manage to have a good standard of living. He however has hundreds of millions. I think he was trying to buy the love and adulation of his home town. Not make money.  Before you want rid. Answer the 2 questions honestly 

Plenty of people would buy the club, would they be better than we have now, who knows - not sure why it’s damaged goods though?

And would I walk away if I owned the club and pupmped millions in ? No not if I had been prepared to do that in the first instance, I would know what came with the ownership before I took over.  Would I have taken over in the first place is another question.

20 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Rowett shaking his head against ref,wants to look at his tactics, team selection and players

He is right to shake his head at the ref, who was absolutely awful. There were two good penalty shouts, but he was giving us virtually  nothing all game, no advantage played when we were steaming forwards in their half, boolomg Vydra for his first foul, yet not even giving free-kicks when Vydra got "Cattermole'd" twice in the first 5 minutes, need I go on? Yet none of it mattered. If we had been given a penalty and scored, we would still have thrown the game away.

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely reminisct of that 0-3 drubbing by Reading at the end of McClaren’s first spell. 

Quite a few players I’d happily never want to see play in a Derby shirt again. Weirdly enough, some of them are the same players that took part in that Reading game. Abysmal. 

I remember that game well.....particularly Forsyths performance....he was abysmal and constantly gave the ball away.

Archived