Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

You want Gary out, so who would you replace him with, can you answear the question, Gary's style of football is fine, and will get better with time.

Yes, I can 'answear' the question.

Someone with experience and a proven track record of promotion. 

If you like Gary's style of football then you've got no style and low expectations me owd.

Come back to me in 1 year if that's your yardstick and show me what Gary has achieved. He'll either be sacked or not in the top 6. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Plenty of people would buy the club, would they be better than we have now, who knows - not sure why it’s damaged goods though?

And would I walk away if I owned the club and pupmped millions in ? No not if I had been prepared to do that in the first instance, I would know what came with the ownership before I took over.  Would I have taken over in the first place is another question.

Plenty of people?????  I keep asking and you  keep  naming nobody. I don’t want to fall out but who? Either pick an alternative or shut the fook up 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Plenty of people?????  I keep asking and you  keep  naming nobody. I don’t want to fall out but who? Either pick an alternative or shut the fook up 

Who exactly do you wish me to name? You want me to pick a buyer out that would take over the club?

im not sure if you are joking or not, as this is just a daft question, and as for keeping quiet, thanks for the advice but I’ll continue to post when I want.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

and don’t worry about my ewilly (whatever that is) it’s doing just fine. 

See that’s the problem with internet shopping.. Order a new jumper and someone sends you a plug in todger..

I tried to tell everyone it’s a waste of time.

17 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Yes, I can 'answear' the question.

Someone with experience and a proven track record of promotion. 

If you like Gary's style of football then you've got no style and low expectations me owd.

Come back to me in 1 year if that's your yardstick and show me what Gary has achieved. He'll either be sacked or not in the top 6. 

Someone like Warnock or Pulis then, who both play **** football, you can not even name a manager, you just keep moaning about Gary, yet you with all your football knowledge can not name a manager to take his place, thank god you do not own Derby LOL.

Just now, Derby blood said:

Someone like Warnock or Pulis then, who both play **** football, you can not even name a manager, you just keep moaning about Gary, yet you with all your football knowledge can not name a manager to take his place, thank god you do not own Derby LOL.

You're a joke mate. You're associating managers with me, with no right to. 

Should I say Eddie Howe? Chris Hughton? Sean Dyche? Etc etc?

I'm sat here in Newcastle with a bunch of Sunderland fans and they are pissing themselves at your comments and stupidity. The Newcastle fans are weeping with joy that their club isn't the biggest joke anymore.

You're a dreamer which is admirable but I'm a realist.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

You want Gary out, so who would you replace him with, can you answear the question, Gary's style of football is fine, and will get better with time.

You get plenty of these, they are quite happy to call for a managers head, but when you ask them who they would replace them with they'll usually say, it's not my job.

Rinse and repeat without a hint of understanding the irony!

It's a great tactic for always being right. They can justify the sacking and when the new manager screws up they can say they didn't advocate that manger and the process starts again!

Problem is the club always suffers.

...or, how can you discuss Rowett’s replacement with someone who believes his football is fine ?

His football is anything but. That ineptitude displayed last night should make him shudder when he thinks about it, it was produced on his watch. If that’s what almost three weeks uninterrupted on the training field amounts to then the coaching stinks.

I’m not advocating getting rid of him by the way partly because I don’t think a high calibre manager would touch us at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

...or, how can you discuss Rowett’s replacement with someone who believes his football is fine ?

His football is anything but. That ineptitude displayed last night should make him shudder when he thinks about it, it was produced on his watch. If that’s what almost three weeks uninterrupted on the training field amounts to then the coaching stinks.

I’m not advocating getting rid of him by the way partly because I don’t think a high calibre manager would touch us at the moment.

Of course it was poor last night, I have already mentioned it, but let’s look at the facts, we are still 5th, and I think Gary’s got a very difficult job on, and I believe he will get it right in the end, he has to get players out to get them in, at the same time balancing the wage bill, he will get it right, and this season no one thought we would be in the position we are now in, Gary knows that was not good enough last night and said so last night, let’s see where we are this time next year. 

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

Both schteve and gary at the time of their appointments were almost ideal candidates. Derby connections, good cv, available etc.

schteves dismissal first time around was for well documented reasons.

second time around, i doubt whether the relationship with mel was as positive.

gary had been interviewed when pearson was appointed, and had kept in contact. There is little doubt that he wanted the job. When schteve got the push the second time gary's availability was a crucial factor. The rumour was that he was about to go to norwich. If mel hadn't acted he would have missed out on rowett, and then would have had no ready made for schteve if he did decide to sack mac2. So the second schteve sacking was in part precipitated by events in norwich.

Gary was the obvious appointment. Most people would accept that.

but once he declared his hand with the transfer activity over the summer, he was playing for high stakes. He appeared to out-pearson pearson by binning hughes and some of the senior players. He had to achieve success or it could rebound on him.

thats where we are currently at. Some of the fans are turning.

so....

it has to be admitted that this time there is no potential suitor waiting in the wings.

but there are still potential candidates.

jokanovic. Plays the 433 system we played. Plays attractive football. Has a great track record with fulham and watford. You could say that he is out of our league, and that might be true. But no-one expected him to leave watford after achieving promotion in style, so.....who knows. Any move couldn't happen until the summer.

graham potter. Has been successful in sweden, and is just waiting for someone to give him a chance in england. He is an intelligent articulate coach. And his knowledge of swedish football might actually be a source of potential signings. He is a bit of a gamble but even experienced english managers are a gamble.

danny cowley - linked with ipswich. Has done a great job at lincoln. They play attractive football. The club is transformed. Big crowds. Easy to say that we are too big for him but he has succeeded where countless others have failed.

ex-rams - paul simpson has done well with england; chris powell - impressed in his caretaker role; lee johnson - bristol city play good football.

Gary is a popular bloke, but if he doesn't win the high stakes game he created, then he could be in trouble. He didn't have to do what he did. And what he has delivered is not great at the moment. his relationship with mel could save him, but for how long? The job will get tougher, and he seems to be focussed on promotion at all costs.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Both schteve and gary at the time of their appointments were almost ideal candidates. Derby connections, good cv, available etc.

schteves dismissal first time around was for well documented reasons.

second time around, i doubt whether the relationship with mel was as positive.

gary had been interviewed when pearson was appointed, and had kept in contact. There is little doubt that he wanted the job. When schteve got the push the second time gary's availability was a crucial factor. The rumour was that he was about to go to norwich. If mel hadn't acted he would have missed out on rowett, and then would have had no ready made for schteve if he did decide to sack mac2. So the second schteve sacking was in part precipitated by events in norwich.

Gary was the obvious appointment. Most people would accept that.

but once he declared his hand with the transfer activity over the summer, he was playing for high stakes. He appeared to out-pearson pearson by binning hughes and some of the senior players. He had to achieve success or it could rebound on him.

thats where we are currently at. Some of the fans are turning.

so....

it has to be admitted that this time there is no potential suitor waiting in the wings.

but there are still potential candidates.

jokanovic. Plays the 433 system we played. Plays attractive football. Has a great track record with fulham and watford. You could say that he is out of our league, and that might be true. But no-one expected him to leave watford after achieving promotion in style, so.....who knows. Any move couldn't happen until the summer.

graham potter. Has been successful in sweden, and is just waiting for someone to give him a chance in england. He is an intelligent articulate coach. And his knowledge of swedish football might actually be a source of potential signings. He is a bit of a gamble but even experienced english managers are a gamble.

danny cowley - linked with ipswich. Has done a great job at lincoln. They play attractive football. The club is transformed. Big crowds. Easy to say that we are too big for him but he was succeeded where countless others have failed.

ex-rams - paul simpson has done well with england; chris powell - impressed in his caretaker role; lee johnson - bristol city play good football.

Gary is a popular bloke, but if he doesn't win the high stakes game he created, then he could be in trouble. He didn't have to do what he did. And what he has delivered is not great at the moment. his relationship with mel could save him, but for how long? The job will get tougher, and he seems to be focussed on promotion at all costs.

Great post.

5 hours ago, nottingram said:

I don't really know what point you're making. Thorne was rubbish and Johnson was rubbish.

At least with Thorne there's a chance he could get better again. Johnson has never been good enough and never will be.

I know you desperately want to be right about Thorne to show everyone how big your eWilly is but your attempts to claim he was never good are embarrassing. 

Also it was Johnson’s 100th game for us last night , I really don’t think he,s had that many really good games to justify his price tag in those 100....Thorne is a shadow of the player we signed and in hindsight does not deserve a contract , there is better out there but our scouting is crap! Name the last player anyone who’s pulled on a rams shirt who we,ve unearthed from somewhere Nugent,Davies,Hudds,Johnson,Jerome, Lawrence etc needed no scouting .... let’s start there and ask why no one has been found both in uk or abroad ....Really poor tbh

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 23:19, StivePesley said:

Watching this one in a sports bar in Gran Canaria. The father in law has my ST in the South Stand. He's a Sunderland fan. Please don't beat him up!

he didn't go as it was raining, he was working late  and he's got a bad leg. Just as well. I'm pretty sure he would have been killed in the South Stand if anyone had got wind that he was a Sunderland fan

I watched it in a bar in Playa Des Ingles, and the best I can say is that it was hot, I was sat outside  and I had a frosty beer (or 3 - and the last few were very much required) :(

Archived