Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. I know it’s not fashionable, like a Tony Blair supporter these days...

but I think the Mclaren Play off team against QPR, with a few additions to strengthen would have eventually come good.

right now, getting rid of Hughes and Martin seems senseless.

we've gambled on getting rid of flair and replaced it with an unstable stability. which is not great, let’s face it.

Rowett has the rest of the season to show us what he’s worth. He needs to show nous, and a direction forward - and then it might be all worth it. But if we just keep stumbling on, then what’s the point?

i’d rather have the indignity of a 3rd Shteve spell where we at least implode in February after some entertainment.

1 hour ago, David said:

They are I agree, which is why I said it.

It’s been this way for years now, players escaping all responsibility. 

These are professional footballers, you would think Rowett has gone out and signed a bunch of Sunday Leaguers, oh don’t blame them, not their fault they are crap.

Sorry but no, they are responsible. Same as they were for McClaren’s downfall.

When it’s the absolute basics they are not doing you can’t look elsewhere. If they are doing the basics but getting tactically outplayed, then I will be looking over at the dugout.

Vydra and Palmer, all we’ve heard, play them together, absolutely nothing tonight in 45 minutes. What more could Rowett do tonight? 

Start with an attacking formation. Why do we have 2 holding midfielders? We're at home  and fifth in the table we should be taking the game to them. Coleman knew how we were going to play!

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nigel Pearson's biggest problem was that he saw this probably straight away, and decided to tackle it head on. He got every single player he thought was causing the rot out the door...but didn't have any plan to replace them. Great at pointing out the problem, but not at fixing it. Up until the last two months, I thought Rowett was the man to finally sort it out. Maybe, if given another transfer window, he will be that man. 

I can't see it unfortunately. I watched Jerome tonight and thought Wtf why is he playing and why is Martin out on loan. Now that alone suggests he doesn't know a great deal.

Just now, Gritters said:

I can't see it unfortunately. I watched Jerome tonight and thought Wtf why is he playing and why is Martin out on loan. Now that alone suggests he doesn't know a great deal.

His almost refusal to give Martin a chance has really confused me.

Did Martin and Vydra (a combination many on here were almost certain would be our starting system) ever even play together? Don't think they ever started as part of the same team. 

One of the many weird team selections Rowett has made during his time here. It's become a bit of a joke in our house that he makes at least one weird choice every week. Tonight, he made three. 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Need an authoritarian type that will get everybody in line, and stop this happening, just can't go at it like a bull in a china shop or our primadonnas will sulk.

What we need to do is play football. Win the ball, pass it to your own team and move into space. 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Time to say goodbye. But what will we do? Probably offer them bumper new contracts. And for that, the blame lies at the door of Mr Morris I'm afraid. 

Who would be a owner of a football club eh....

Are you suggesting that the manager should be overruled on players contracts?

Sorry Gary, you can’t keep Russell, we won’t be offering him a new deal because I’ve seen him play for the last few seasons, you haven’t.

Send Martin out on loan? No you won’t be doing that. He stays.

Sign Blackman? Get out my office.

I actually like the idea that the manager decides who plays for the club. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

His almost refusal to give Martin a chance has really confused me.

Did Martin and Vydra (a combination many on here were almost certain would be our starting system) ever even play together? Don't think they ever started as part of the same team. 

One of the many weird team selections Rowett has made during his time here. It's become a bit of a joke in our house that he makes at least one weird choice every week. Tonight, he made three. 

Martin and Vydra started against Barnsley (league and cup games) and Burton.

Just back from the game & will catch up on the thread tomorrow but that was just horrific, awful & embarrassing to witness. I have no idea how I made it to 85 mins before leaving. 

By the end I was actually hoping Sunderland would score a couple more - and but for the bar, they would have done - because that’s what we deserved tonight. 

So angry right now. 

Just now, David said:

Sorry Gary, you can’t keep Russell, we won’t be offering him a new deal because I’ve seen him play for the last few seasons, you haven’t.

Taken my point, and made a new one for yourself. Fair enough. If you want to suggest that I don't think Rowett decides who plays, then that's up to you. 

Morris must oversee what deals are done at his club. Be that by Rush, Pearce, Rowett. Whoever. 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, David said:

Depends who the manager is. Worked with Clough and Taylor. Doesn't always work. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Taken my point, and made a new one for yourself. Fair enough. If you want to suggest that I don't think Rowett decides who plays, then that's up to you. 

Morris must oversee what deals are done at his club. Be that by Rush, Pearce, Rowett. Whoever. 

Did you say that new contracts being given out were Mel’s fault? If so, how so? Surely you want the owner to back the manager with who they want. 

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Wouldn’t bank on it ollson isn’t much better ;) 

No he isn't. But we've known that for a while so why hasn't something been done ? 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Three games? Not much time to establish a partnership. 

Sorry got the wrong cup game, Grimsby not Barnsley. So they aye 3 games to get her we won 3 games and didn't concede a goal, but not worth trying a few more times.

Archived