Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

So, Cardiff defeated themselves rather than us beating them?

No. You have to put pressure on to cause mistakes. That’s what has been missing in the past few months.I’m merely saying that Cardiff crumbled under that pressure.

3 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

The best team to get in the play offs this year would be 3rd place because either would be massively deflated after this run in. Especially Cardiff because they should have had it wrapped up by now. Let’s hope Boro beat Millwall and we can get a draw against Villa and then we can go into the Barnsley game a little easier. 

Brentford are the team to watch out for - they should get 6 from their last couple of games. Millwall have got Boro and Villa, they'll struggle to get a point.

The performance suddenly wasn't as bad as was being made out when we were 1-0 down...

GR has said that fans will be delighted as long as you win, the performance is secondary, even more proof of that here tonight. And for what it's worth I don't think we played too badly. We were the better team against the "second" best side in the league, so that's something. 

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

For most of the season we've looked so unlikely to gain promotion and that's what I'm most excited about. If we manage to hold on to the top six then anything can happen.

Derby v QPR

Fulham v Derby

A lot of similarities could be made between those two fixtures should they happen...

I cant remember the last time (more recently) i had a buzz off the team like that though. Through a laptop anorl.  I genuinely thought i just wasnt that bothered anymore, not arsed, then got loads more than we've seen all season. the psychological barrier they breached. fans urging fozzy to shoot, to which he obliged, only for it to "ricocheted" somewhere and were all suddenly reminded that quite often recently that kind of tomfoolery has landed us in sticky situations. The ball bounces back towards us I felt. We've discovered our ghost. we had a shape to some degree.   Hats off to the lads. 

Archived