Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted with the effort & character shown tonight - even if Cardiff's poor defending was largely the reason we got back into it.

Jerome was pretty awful in the first half but really pleased with his display after the break. Although he lacks the touch & vision of a Martin, he can potentially offer so much with his strength & pace - he can also finish. Dropping Vydra was a very brave move but I can understand why Rowett did it - Vydra has looked very frustrated recently but seemed to have a much improved mindset coming on this evening.

Looks like a win on the final day might well be enough for us to finish top 6 then - who'd have thought that after the meltdowns on here in the past few weeks!

p.s. fans were very good tonight - very loud & backed the team even when we were still losing

18 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Enjoying Colin’s interview - what a bitter old goblin he is!

That's what happens when you live your life in a vacuum:lol:

8 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Funny how whenever a team loses it's always because theyre never committed, hard fought or energetic enough. Those qualities always seem to be associated with winning.

Yeah?

Funny how some people can be sour faced plonkers even after a fantastic come-back win.

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Me too, I'd spent the whole day thinking I could really do without this tonight, as if it was a burden. I'd never actively ignore the game or intentionally miss it, I think I'd stop following football if I ever got to that feeling, but I wasn't excited about it by any means. The way football can alter your mindset and mood so quickly is staggering though, there's nothing like it. The noise and the roar every time we were on the front foot after the equaliser was great to hear. I have no doubt that Derby will have me crashing back to earth again shortly, but for now I'm just going to enjoy the elation that I'm feeling right now. I don't even care about my 5am alarm right now!

I actually did that and just couldnt  be bothered, did same saturday too. Finishing work at 2pm on saturday and having to get up at 0400 tomorrow wouldn't usually bother me, but such has been the football I just wrapped on it.

Shame on me.

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Vydra changed the game, too. Hope we see the back of that formation now. 

Lawrence a different player to a few months back 

What are you talking about? This system is like a breath of fresh air and almost forces us to play on the front foot. It was the same system when Vydra came on.

"Lawrence a different player"... oh let's ditch this system and shove him back out wide shall we?

For the love of God man.

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Now that’s the Cameron Jerome I thought we were getting. Where’s he been until now?

Looking for the kind of service he got tonight?

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Vydra changed the game, too. Hope we see the back of that formation now. 

Lawrence a different player to a few months back 

The formation didn’t change when he came on. 

Weimann went to left wing back. 

After all the criticism of them from myself, hats off tonight to Rowett and Jerome well played :thumbsup: . Now get us over the line ?

Archived